Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated Thread]: Cash upgrade offers on Award tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated Thread]: Cash upgrade offers on Award tickets

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:01 am

For those who have received these offers at check in, did you check in on the website or the app? Does it make a difference?
griffy208 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by JTE458
For those who have received these offers at check in, did you check in on the website or the app? Does it make a difference?
Bump. I am very curious to hear answers to this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
I recently booked 4 award tickets MSP-SEA-LIH at the Main Cabin rate. One passenger (wife) is Diamond and another (daughter) is Silver. To maximize the chances of an upgrade, I booked the 4 tickets under 2 separate PNRs. The PNR with my wife got upgraded immediately to Comfort.

Now, when pulling up the booking on the app when logged in as a Diamond, I see an offer to upgrade to First for ~$300. OTOH, when I login to the app as a No Status Nobody under the PNR with my daughter who is Silver (with upgrades to Comfort and First requested) I see an offer to upgrade for $129 to First Class and $95 for Comfort.

My question is - Will this cover all the 4 segments MSP-SEA-LIH-SEA-MSP? Or just the outbound? Or just the initial MSP-SEA? Currently some of the seat maps on 3/4 flights look wide open so I am optimistic of scoring at least a couple of the segments. The trip is still couple of months away though
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:19 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Now, when pulling up the booking on the app when logged in as a Diamond, I see an offer to upgrade to First for ~$300. OTOH, when I login to the app as a No Status Nobody under the PNR with my daughter who is Silver (with upgrades to Comfort and First requested) I see an offer to upgrade for $129 to First Class and $95 for Comfort.

My question is - Will this cover all the 4 segments MSP-SEA-LIH-SEA-MSP? Or just the outbound? Or just the initial MSP-SEA?
I believe the website occasionally shows offers either way, i.e. sometimes priced for an entire direction, but sometimes a misleading teaser price just for one segment to induce you to jump on it. Less sure that the app does it both ways.

The prices you mentioned sound like single segments, but there's an easy way to find out -- just tap on it and you'll see the total price. For example:

But on tapping on the Select button;

Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
DUH! I guess it was a teaser after all. The $129 was just for the MSP-SEA segment. The next one from SEA-LIH was $223. Guess I'll hope for a free one
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.