Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated Thread]: Cash upgrade offers on Award tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated Thread]: Cash upgrade offers on Award tickets

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

No MQMs/MQSs/MQDs for award ticket FCM offers.
Thank you. Mods you can close this up thanks.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: Delta GM

No MQMs/MQSs/MQDs for award ticket FCM offers.
No MQM/MQSs, but you do get MQD for the FCM amount.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by JoelThomas
No MQM/MQSs, but you do get MQD for the FCM amount.
Have you experienced this yourself. There was just a discussion about this in the FCM thread last week where someone had the same question and it was stated by multiple posters that you don’t earn any MQMs/MQDs.

EDIT: Looks like those posters where wrong as I found another thread where others were reporting that you do receive MQDs but not MQMs. Sorry for giving the OP the wrong answer.

Last edited by MCO Flyer; Mar 18, 2018 at 1:39 pm
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:20 pm

Have you experienced this yourself. There was just a discussion about this in the FCM thread last week where someone had the same question and it was stated by multiple posters that you don’t earn any MQMs/MQDs.

EDIT: Looks like those posters where wrong as I found another thread where others were reporting that you do receive MQDs but not MQMs. Sorry for giving the OP the wrong answer.
No worries, just wanted to give my input. And yes, experienced this in December. Just looked it up to make sure I was not mistaken, and surprisingly I earned RDMs for the FCM buy-up as well.
MCO Flyer likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Got it. MQDs seem fare since it is money spent on the ticket, MQMs/MQSs wouldnt seem logical.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:33 pm

FCM on Award Ticket

Hi all,

I have a FCM offer on an award ticket. Any idea if I'll earn MQMs or RDMs if I take the offer? I did a quick search and I couldn't find an answer.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by trentryan
Hi all,

I have a FCM offer on an award ticket. Any idea if I'll earn MQMs or RDMs if I take the offer? I did a quick search and I couldn't find an answer.
There's this post in the FCM thread, among others:

I haven't tried this yet but others have reported that you don't earn any MQM's or MQD's on award ticket buy ups.
although I can't find the actual reports; and this was later corrected to say that you earn MQDs for the buy-up amount, just not MQMs (which kinda makes sense).

There was also this thread:

Mileage ticket+Cash buy up to F
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
although I can't find the actual reports; and this was later corrected to say that you earn MQDs for the buy-up amount, just not MQMs (which kinda makes sense).
This. You will earn MQD for the FCM amount, plus RDM based on the MQD and your standard earning rate.
Old May 6, 2018, 10:15 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Anyone taken one of these upgrades recently? still curious if there are any reports of earning any MQD for doing this.
Old May 6, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Did it in early March. TPA-ATL-IAH coach award flight for buddy and myself. FCM’d and got MQDs and RDMs for the upsell amount.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
If one has GM/PM/DM status and buys up to F on an award ticket does that then allow them to SDC to another flight with an open premium seat that day?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
If one has GM/PM/DM status and buys up to F on an award ticket does that then allow them to SDC to another flight with an open premium seat that day?
It feels like it ought to according to the rules, but even if that were true in theory it doesn't mean it would be handled smoothly that way in practice. Please contribute a data point if you find out

BTW status does not affect SDC eligibility (it only affects whether you pay $75 for it)
Old Jun 9, 2018, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
It feels like it ought to according to the rules, but even if that were true in theory it doesn't mean it would be handled smoothly that way in practice. Please contribute a data point if you find out

BTW status does not affect SDC eligibility (it only affects whether you pay $75 for it)
True. I should have been clearer.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
I belive the buy up would be an add-on in this case. Ie specific to the ticketed flights only, make a change and lose the upgrade.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I belive the buy up would be an add-on in this case. Ie specific to the ticketed flights only, make a change and lose the upgrade.
Do these remain in the original award class or rebook into RY/OY? tried searching but most discussion (reasonably) revolves around the MQD/MQM question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.