Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated Thread]: Cash upgrade offers on Award tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated Thread]: Cash upgrade offers on Award tickets

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
Is there an answer yet to whether one receives F RDM's and MQM's?
I really can't imagine getting any RDM/MQM on an award ticket (although this is Delta IT we're talking about here ...)
Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:23 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
I really can't imagine getting any RDM/MQM on an award ticket (although this is Delta IT we're talking about here ...)
Im tempted to buy up and find out.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Yeah I had a similar thread on here a week ago about this.
Upgrade offer on domestic award ticket?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
I just booked a trip in March for gf and I. Got C+ at booking, and while changing seats got FCM offer both ways. Considering it.
The offers were DTW-PHX ~$270pp, PHX-DTW ~$220pp
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: US Gold
I received an offer to upgrade on an award ticket from YVR-MSP. Cash offer of CAD 197 in the messages in the app as well as on the seat map. Decent offer especially since I need to check several bags.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:43 am
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
I'll have a data point in a month, but I suspect that it will not earn MQMs, and probably will earn MQDs. It shows (RY) on the view my trips page and NX on the receipt. RSW-JFK is the route. Here's the receiptescriptionAmountCurrency

Miles

Miles Redeemed10,000Miles

Air Transportation Charges

Taxes, Fees and Charges

Per Passenger Summary Of Air Travel Taxes, Fees, And Related Charges. Per Passenger Total Travel Charges Provided At End Of TableDescriptionAmountCurrencyUnited States - September 11th Security Fee(Passenger Civil Aviation Security Service Fee) (AY)$5.60USDSummary Of All Charges For All Passengers, Including Air-Fare, Taxes, Fees, And Other ChargesDescriptionAmountCurrencyTotal Taxes, Fees & Charges:$5.60USDTotal:10,000

$5.60Miles +
USDDescriptionAmountCurrencyDescriptionAmountCurre ncyPaid With American Express Ending 1234

Upgrade

UpgradeProduct SummaryItem NameChargeSeat Upgrade$ 79.00 USDTaxes & Fees$ 5.93 USDTotal$ 84.93 USDPaid With American Express Ending 1234Total
$ 90.53 USD
View Terms and Conditionsopens in new window
GRAND TOTAL
$90.53 USD
Old Dec 20, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
rec'd the offer and actually pulled the trigger on this a few weeks ago. I THINK it was BWI-MSP-STL and I only wanted to UG the BWI-MSP but it made sense financially to do both legs. IIRC, no MQD's, no MQM's. I still felt that it was worthwhile, for me, at least.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
how about PWM? has anyone seen an offer on those and would you get the 150%??
Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL-PM
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
how about PWM? has anyone seen an offer on those and would you get the 150%??
Yes, and yes. As long as you don't pay in full with PWM, if you did PWM in full you don't get any MQM.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Data point ATL-GCM Comfort+ $313 each way F $463 each way. I have exit row and drink vouchers, going to take a pass on this one.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:04 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by cmx
I'll have a data point in a month, but I suspect that it will not earn MQMs, and probably will earn MQDs. It shows (RY) on the view my trips page and NX on the receipt.
Someone in one of the other threads also reported seeing RY in their "my trips" after taking one of these offers. I agree, it's probably yes to MQDs and no to MQMs.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:51 pm

I was surprised to see an offer of $63 per passenger each way on BDL <-> MSP 12/25 - 12/30. Upgrading to Comfort+ or First Class was the same price.

This is also with using a Dela Amex Platinum companion certificate. I'm FO now with a Reserve Card. I took the upgrade one way and the return FC looks sold out now.

Fare classes show First Class (G) and Main Cabin (V). My companion shouldn't earn miles as the free companion, it'll be interesting if the upgrade changed this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
I received an upgrade offer for my award flight a couple weeks ago. Wasn't an attractive offer, so I declined.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Mileage ticket+Cash buy up to F

Just need quick clarification then this thread can be locked and deleted. Searched quite a bit and found various versions of this question.

If a client books a mileage ticket then takes an online offer to upgrade with cash to domestic F, will they receive MQDs based upon the incremental up-fare?

Thanks,
Old Mar 18, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Just need quick clarification then this thread can be locked and deleted. Searched quite a bit and found various versions of this question.

If a client books a mileage ticket then takes an online offer to upgrade with cash to domestic F, will they receive MQDs based upon the incremental up-fare?

Thanks,
EDIT: After doing some research, it looks like you do receive MQDs only (not MQMs however)

Last edited by MCO Flyer; Mar 18, 2018 at 1:38 pm Reason: Corrected my Answer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.