Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Not showing up for flight booked with miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

If I dont show up for a flight I booked with Delta miles will I lose the miles I used? What happens?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nydisneykid
If I dont show up for a flight I booked with Delta miles will I lose the miles I used? What happens?
If you dont cancel at least 72 hours prior you lose.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by nydisneykid
Yes, of course. Unless you cancel and redeposit >72 hours prior to first flight departure.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 5:44 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
The miles from all no-show award tickets go into a pool and, there's a drawing at the end of the month and winner takes all.

Paplover likes this.

Last edited by davetravels; Oct 27, 2017 at 5:53 pm
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by davetravels
The miles from all no-show award tickets go into a pool and, there's a drawing at the end of the month and winner takes all.

What??? They should go into my account! Don't they know who I am?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like OP already has an existing thread on this topic -- Hurricane cancellation info needed

Rather than going with the bogus Dr.'s note route, I suggest just calling DL and truthfully explaining your situation. They've been known to show mercy in such cases.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by LBJ
Looks like OP already has an existing thread on this topic -- Hurricane cancellation info needed

Rather than going with the bogus Dr.'s note route, I suggest just calling DL and truthfully explaining your situation. They've been known to show mercy in such cases.
Shame on you for suggesting that OP try a direct and honest approach and not presume that every DL phone agent out there has heard every silly lie 1,000x !
Old Oct 28, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Old Oct 28, 2017, 5:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When DL first introduced the 72 hour rule, they stated that agents would be willing to make exceptions if there were compelling reasons to cancel late, such as illness.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.