Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Platinum member and #13 on the upgrade list got a F seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum member and #13 on the upgrade list got a F seat

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by bergamini
I think it would be fairly easy to implement a transparent method for rewarding those with a long series of UG misses. They are never going to do it but I routinely code for far more complex scenarios in real life. Throw that stuff on a Hadoop cluster and create an algorithm to value each customer and then see which customers are profitable but not getting UG's and throw them a bone. Never going to happen but could definitely be done. But probably not with Delta IT but it most certainly could be done
The algorithm could easily throw the pax a RUC to use if they truly do give out upgrades to people that rarely get them.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by yohanson
So Delta is blaming it on the GA. If that's true, I wonder why a GA would randomly pick number 16 on the list to upgrade.
Maybe the GA was on the second page of the upgrade list and number 16 on the overall list appeared to her as the first item on her screen.

Just a possibility. We used to call these user errors PICNIC -- problem in chair not in computer.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yohanson
The algorithm could easily throw the pax a RUC to use if they truly do give out upgrades to people that rarely get them.
I like that idea even better!
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by bergamini
I think it would be fairly easy to implement a transparent method for rewarding those with a long series of UG misses. They are never going to do it but I routinely code for far more complex scenarios in real life. Throw that stuff on a Hadoop cluster and create an algorithm to value each customer and then see which customers are profitable but not getting UG's and throw them a bone. Never going to happen but could definitely be done. But probably not with Delta IT but it most certainly could be done
Boy, you guys are dreamers. This is the same airline that wouldn't even keep middle seat Monday going. And that was all of 500 miles.

http://pointsmilesandmartinis.boardi...onday-morning/

If you complain to Ed that you missed 10 upgrades in a row, he's going to buy doughnuts for the revenue management team.

David
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by DiverDave
If you complain to Ed that you missed 10 upgrades in a row, he's going to buy doughnuts for the revenue management team.
Well, maybe just some Biscoff and Brownie Brittle.
DiverDave and hi55us like this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:37 pm

One thought perhaps the Coc has a hidden clause to upgrade someone who smiles and is approachable to the gate agents. Perhaps there is a Upgrade FlyerTalk passengers or the computer just randomly chooses who will get an upgrade.

Another idea is that Delta wants you to continue being loyal to them so they will entice you with an upgrade in hopes you will fly them more or pay to upgrade using the offers, miles or cash. Sort of like a "Free trial of Pandora for three months".

What you need to take into account is that you are on a flight that you were given an upgrade and just be happy you got that larger seat, more legroom, booze and food. Perhaps its a gift.

Like they say don't question the upgrade just take it(:
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Peatisback
Has it been a while since he has had an upgrade?

As I recall DL management has said they have the ability to upgrade someone who hasn't had an upgrade in a while, and out of order from the upgrade list.
there may be something to do this as my wife who was silver at the time got upgraded nyc-slc. She was on a fairly expensive fare but was showing like 30th on the upgrade list so was shocked when the machine spit out her new seat on boarding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.