Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerWx
Hurricane Irma Travel Advisories for Delta:

Delta Travel Advisory Hurricane Irma

Updated as of 28 Sep 2017, 12:45pm EDT:

Affected Cities & Dates

Key West, FL (EYW)

Travel Dates: September 20- October 12, 2017 (New travel must originate on or before October 15, 2017)
---

Turks and Caicos, TC (PLS)

Travel Dates: September 5- October 31, 2017 (New travel must originate on or before October 31, 2018 )
---

San Juan, PR (SJU)
St. Thomas, VI (STT)
St. Maarten, SX (SXM)

Travel Dates: September 5, 2017 - April 2, 2018 (New travel must originate on or before September 27, 2018 )
---

Albany, GA (ABY)
Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Augusta, GA (AGS)
Birmingham, AL (BHM)
Brunswick, GA (BQK)
Charleston, SC (CHS)
Columbus, GA (CSG)
Daytona Beach, FL (DAB)
Dothan, AL (DHN)
Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood, FL (FLL)
Fort Myers, FL (RSW)
Fort Walton Beach, FL (VPS)
Freeport, BS (FPO)
Gainesville, FL (GNV)
Georgetown, BS (GGT)
Havana, CU (HAV)
Huntsville, AL (HSV)
Jacksonville, FL (JAX)
Key West, FL (EYW)
Marsh Harbour, BS (MHH)
Melbourne, FL (MLB)
Miami, FL (MIA)
Mobile, AL (MOB)
Montgomery, AL (MGM)
Nassau, BS (NAS)
Orlando, FL (MCO)
Panama City, FL (ECP)
Pensacola, FL (PNS)
Punta Cana, DO (PUJ)
Sarasota/Bradenton, FL (SRQ)
Savannah, GA (SAV)
Santiago, DO (STI)
St. Croix, VI (STX)
Tallahassee, FL (TLH)
Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater, FL (TPA)
Valdosta, GA (VLD)
West Palm Beach, FL (PBI)

Travel Dates: September 6-20, 2017 (rebooked travel must begin by September 30th)
---

TEMPORARY BAGGAGE AND PET IN CABIN FEE WAIVER
Delta has put a temporary policy in place to waive all baggage and pet-in-cabin fees for customers traveling to or from the following cities:
Brunswick, GA (BQK)
Charleston, SC (CHS)
Daytona Beach, FL (DAB)
Destin-Ft Walton Beach, FL (VPS)
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
Fort Myers, FL (RSW)
Freeport, BS (FPO)
Gainesville, FL (GNV)
Georgetown, BS (GGT)
Havana, CU (HAV)
Jacksonville, FL (JAX)
Key West, FL (EYW)
Marsh Harbour, BS (MHH)
Melbourne, FL (MLB)
Miami, FL (MIA)
Nassau, BS (NAS)
Orlando, FL (MCO)
Panama City, FL (ECP)
Pensacola, FL (PNS)
Punta Cana, DO (PUJ)
San Juan, PR (SJU)
Santiago, DO (STI)
Sarasota/Bradenton, FL (SRQ)
Savannah, GA (SAV)
St. Croix, VI (STX)
St. Maarten, SX (SXM)
St. Thomas, VI (STT)
Tallahassee, FL (TLH)
Tampa, FL (TPA)
Turk Caicos ISLS, TC (PLS)
West Palm Beach, FL (PBI)

When you check in at the airport, Delta will waive all baggage fees and pet-in-cabin fees for customers traveling to or from the above cities now through September 15, 2017. There will be limitations to the amount of baggage that an aircraft can carry, and some or all of your luggage may not be able to be accommodated on your flight. In that event, please ask the Airport Customer Service representative if baggage that cannot be placed on your flight can be accommodated on a later flight. Pets traveling in the cabin must be properly contained in accordance with carry on policy.
Print Wikipost

Hurricane Irma Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Anyone mileage running to south Florida on Saturday with the full Y fares?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I live in Fort Pierce, FL and am sure will be evacuated if track holds true.

Seen our little city on the map on both CNN and Today Show today.

In the MSP SC about to fly home. I am sure the traffic will be a mess on 95 and all I am doingis trying to get home to pull the hurricane shutters closed and grab some clothes.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by apodo77
I live in Fort Pierce, FL and am sure will be evacuated if track holds true.

Seen our little city on the map on both CNN and Today Show today.

In the MSP SC about to fly home. I am sure the traffic will be a mess on 95 and all I am doingis trying to get home to pull the hurricane shutters closed and grab some clothes.
Call a neighbor to pull the shutters and buy clothes if needed?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:41 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by ekozie
This is a very bad idea, as it opens one to the possibility of flying down there and getting stuck. Please don't do this. If the weather turns bad earlier than forecast or a plane goes mechanical, all your carefully made plans could go south in a hurry. And, you're taking a seat from someone who may need to get out of there. Leave the flights out for people who need to evacuate.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by TomMM
Call a neighbor to pull the shutters and buy clothes if needed?
I live on the beach in a codo (Hutchinson Island) with roommates. The HOA will pull the shutters closed if need be for about $150.

Meeting friends at their condo more inland. It has impact windows, doors and on the 2nd floor of a 5 story building. WIll be safe as can be. Just wish they had room service!
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by us2
This is a very bad idea, as it opens one to the possibility of flying down there and getting stuck. Please don't do this. If the weather turns bad earlier than forecast or a plane goes mechanical, all your carefully made plans could go south in a hurry. And, you're taking a seat from someone who may need to get out of there. Leave the flights out for people who need to evacuate.
While a good message nonetheless, I think my sarcasm may have been a little too dry...
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I'm interpreting your post as a jest.

But, lest someone decides to try this, just remember that this would mean one less seat available on the return flight for someone having a legitimate need to get the hell out of Dodge.

========================

Edited to add: I keep suggesting that FT needs a sarcasm emoji.

But, as others have suggested, it is not beyond the realm of credibility that someone here on FT would attempt the mileage run, totally oblivious to the potential unintended consequences.

Someone from the "I know this is not legal/ethical, but help me try to figure out how to get away with this..." crowd.

Last edited by StayingHomeIsBetter; Sep 7, 2017 at 11:01 am
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
While a good message nonetheless, I think my sarcasm may have been a little too dry...
Heh, I was 50/50 when I read it, couldn't make up my mind if it was a joke or not. Because I could imagine someone on FT saying this in seriousness.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:54 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
This is FT and I've been here awhile (16 years). I've seen some strange things and a MR to South Florida on Saturday falls within the bounds of things I'd consider plausible!

Nonetheless, sorry for the misinterpretation. My sarcasm detector is a bit off today, perhaps because I've got friends in South Florida I'm a bit worried about.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by us2
This is FT and I've been here awhile (16 years). I've seen some strange things and a MR to South Florida on Saturday falls within the bounds of things I'd consider plausible!
Funny enough, I've done a segment run to FLL, just not in the middle of a hurricane.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: 2018: Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
hmmmm.....have a BNA->ATL->FCO trip next Weds afternoon (9/13).....starting to wonder whether I should re-route through JFK......
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

Someone from the "I know this is not legal/ethical, but help me try to figure out how to get away with this..." crowd.
You forgot to add the "spare me your moralizing" and/or "don't judge me"
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Not to take anything away from DL's accomplishment here at all, but there were many special circumstances. This was the only plane moving at the airport, so it never had to wait in line. The inbound was virtually empty, so they didn't really have to unload. I'm certain there were no boarding zones; as soon as the plane was empty the announcement was likely "Everybody on, now!" And the passengers were no doubt highly motivated to make it a fast boarding.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did special boarding, lining everybody up in advance, and foregoing priority boarding to just board as speedily as possible.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
The waiver now includes the following airports:

Brunswick, GA (BQK)
Charleston, SC (CHS)
Savannah, GA (SAV)

Date of Impacted Travel: September 6 - 17, 2017

Wiki has been updated.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:19 pm

Not sure if anyone caught this yet, but one of the Delta press releases says that South Florida ops are cancelled on Saturday.

http://news.delta.com/update-delta-a...eparation-irma

Cancellations don't seem to be showing up in the system though, and tickets are still on sale.

edit: nevermind, all the cancellations just posted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.