Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerWx
Hurricane Irma Travel Advisories for Delta:

Delta Travel Advisory Hurricane Irma

Updated as of 28 Sep 2017, 12:45pm EDT:

Affected Cities & Dates

Key West, FL (EYW)

Travel Dates: September 20- October 12, 2017 (New travel must originate on or before October 15, 2017)
---

Turks and Caicos, TC (PLS)

Travel Dates: September 5- October 31, 2017 (New travel must originate on or before October 31, 2018 )
---

San Juan, PR (SJU)
St. Thomas, VI (STT)
St. Maarten, SX (SXM)

Travel Dates: September 5, 2017 - April 2, 2018 (New travel must originate on or before September 27, 2018 )
---

Albany, GA (ABY)
Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Augusta, GA (AGS)
Birmingham, AL (BHM)
Brunswick, GA (BQK)
Charleston, SC (CHS)
Columbus, GA (CSG)
Daytona Beach, FL (DAB)
Dothan, AL (DHN)
Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood, FL (FLL)
Fort Myers, FL (RSW)
Fort Walton Beach, FL (VPS)
Freeport, BS (FPO)
Gainesville, FL (GNV)
Georgetown, BS (GGT)
Havana, CU (HAV)
Huntsville, AL (HSV)
Jacksonville, FL (JAX)
Key West, FL (EYW)
Marsh Harbour, BS (MHH)
Melbourne, FL (MLB)
Miami, FL (MIA)
Mobile, AL (MOB)
Montgomery, AL (MGM)
Nassau, BS (NAS)
Orlando, FL (MCO)
Panama City, FL (ECP)
Pensacola, FL (PNS)
Punta Cana, DO (PUJ)
Sarasota/Bradenton, FL (SRQ)
Savannah, GA (SAV)
Santiago, DO (STI)
St. Croix, VI (STX)
Tallahassee, FL (TLH)
Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater, FL (TPA)
Valdosta, GA (VLD)
West Palm Beach, FL (PBI)

Travel Dates: September 6-20, 2017 (rebooked travel must begin by September 30th)
---

TEMPORARY BAGGAGE AND PET IN CABIN FEE WAIVER
Delta has put a temporary policy in place to waive all baggage and pet-in-cabin fees for customers traveling to or from the following cities:
Brunswick, GA (BQK)
Charleston, SC (CHS)
Daytona Beach, FL (DAB)
Destin-Ft Walton Beach, FL (VPS)
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
Fort Myers, FL (RSW)
Freeport, BS (FPO)
Gainesville, FL (GNV)
Georgetown, BS (GGT)
Havana, CU (HAV)
Jacksonville, FL (JAX)
Key West, FL (EYW)
Marsh Harbour, BS (MHH)
Melbourne, FL (MLB)
Miami, FL (MIA)
Nassau, BS (NAS)
Orlando, FL (MCO)
Panama City, FL (ECP)
Pensacola, FL (PNS)
Punta Cana, DO (PUJ)
San Juan, PR (SJU)
Santiago, DO (STI)
Sarasota/Bradenton, FL (SRQ)
Savannah, GA (SAV)
St. Croix, VI (STX)
St. Maarten, SX (SXM)
St. Thomas, VI (STT)
Tallahassee, FL (TLH)
Tampa, FL (TPA)
Turk Caicos ISLS, TC (PLS)
West Palm Beach, FL (PBI)

When you check in at the airport, Delta will waive all baggage fees and pet-in-cabin fees for customers traveling to or from the above cities now through September 15, 2017. There will be limitations to the amount of baggage that an aircraft can carry, and some or all of your luggage may not be able to be accommodated on your flight. In that event, please ask the Airport Customer Service representative if baggage that cannot be placed on your flight can be accommodated on a later flight. Pets traveling in the cabin must be properly contained in accordance with carry on policy.
Print Wikipost

Hurricane Irma Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:16 pm

Not sure if this has been commented on yet...

Were You On This Delta Plane That Flew Into Hurricane Irma? (Updated)
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: DLDime & MM - Marriott LifePlat - Hertz Prez - Hyatt Dissapointedist
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Edited to add: I keep suggesting that FT needs a sarcasm emoji.
Please!
Pharaoh likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Edited to add: I keep suggesting that FT needs a sarcasm emoji.
Originally Posted by calrick
Please!
Don't they though? ->
calrick likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Smaug
Looking at the current 4-day forecast, Irma may lie just off the GA/SC coast on Monday. I wonder how much this would affect ATL operations that day.
GA is the largest state in terms of area that lies entirely east of the Mississippi River. I think ATL will be fine for the most part. Maybe just some rain from the outermost bands if that.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Booked a flight today to FLL for Wednesday next week but found out my event is being postponed to Thursday to allow folks to get back into town. Will DL allow me to move the flight to Thursday under the weather waiver given I booked today, after the waiver went into effect? Would prefer not to cancel since I got one of the reduced Y fare tickets...
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
GA is the largest state in terms of area that lies entirely east of the Mississippi River. I think ATL will be fine for the most part. Maybe just some rain from the outermost bands if that.
Just because I am basically OFF now through Tuesday, save for battening down the hatches tomorrow, I must note, in true FT style, that Michigan and Florida both exceed Georgia in this metric.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_area
Not that Georgia isn't a Good State.....
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
Regardless of size ranking of GA, as of this moment the 5 day forecast has a Cat 1 while in S Ga early Mon morn, and a tropical storm up in TN Tue morning. Many paths are going right through ATL.

It is very possibly that ATL will see a tropical storm, and not completely impossible it could still be a weak hurricane.

Again, not worried about real damage (compared to the coast), but ATL ops will be severely downgraded if it takes this path.

EDIT: If it stays near the coast we will have a pattern that happens often. Bands of heavy rain, some T-storms. But no worse than typical stormy WX in ATL.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by woodford02A
Booked a flight today to FLL for Wednesday next week but found out my event is being postponed to Thursday to allow folks to get back into town. Will DL allow me to move the flight to Thursday under the weather waiver given I booked today, after the waiver went into effect? Would prefer not to cancel since I got one of the reduced Y fare tickets...
I don't see anything in the DL waiver about the original ticket needing to be issued before a certain date (AA waivers always specifically include that language).
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by exwannabe
Regardless of size ranking of GA, as of this moment the 5 day forecast has a Cat 1 while in S Ga early Mon morn, and a tropical storm up in TN Tue morning. Many paths are going right through ATL.

It is very possibly that ATL will see a tropical storm, and not completely impossible it could still be a weak hurricane.

Again, not worried about real damage (compared to the coast), but ATL ops will be severely downgraded if it takes this path.

EDIT: If it stays near the coast we will have a pattern that happens often. Bands of heavy rain, some T-storms. But no worse than typical stormy WX in ATL.
Based on the 5p EDT update of the storm track, I am fearful that ATL will turn into a mess on Monday afternoon/evening. This would be a nice time for DL to be proactive and slide ATL into the weather waiver list. Instead, they will wait until Sunday when the imminent mess becomes apparent and do the waiver then, which will overwhelm the most-likely-already-overwhelmed phone lines even more.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by Robert Leach
Based on the 5p EDT update of the storm track, I am fearful that ATL will turn into a mess on Monday afternoon/evening. This would be a nice time for DL to be proactive and slide ATL into the weather waiver list. Instead, they will wait until Sunday when the imminent mess becomes apparent and do the waiver then, which will overwhelm the most-likely-already-overwhelmed phone lines even more.
I doubt they will wait that long, but the phone lines are absolutely overwhelmed already. 1.5 - 2 hours when my mother called earlier. In a way, it could make sense to hold off a little (not until Sunday but a little) to let the Florida people handle their calls before adding in the calls for the megahub.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by ty97
I doubt they will wait that long, but the phone lines are absolutely overwhelmed already. 1.5 - 2 hours when my mother called earlier. In a way, it could make sense to hold off a little (not until Sunday but a little) to let the Florida people handle their calls before adding in the calls for the megahub.
I seriously doubt DL even thought of what you just suggested.

I think they are making a mistake in not issuing the ATL waiver now. Even if it turns out not to be needed, it will free up spots for others in need.

The actually WX at ATL will not be anything exceptional, but combined with all those fleeing the coast, it is.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
MCO finally got a decent airplane for a change. Flight 1076 was operated by a 777 today. I'm not sure why they didn't upguage the rest of the flights. Fortunately by coincidence I am flying of tomorrow but I booked it weeks ago. There are people who would be willing to pay quite a bit to get out of here though.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Currently on ATL-PBI on a 739 with about 60 empty seats. Can't ever remember such an empty flight to PBI.

The 5pm update from the NHC was a kick in the nuts to FL. Now the latest GFS (American model) at 6pm was just as bad. It was the one model consistently keeping Irma east of FL and now has her going right up the spine as a strong Cat 4.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
MCO finally got a decent airplane for a change. Flight 1076 was operated by a 777 today. I'm not sure why they didn't upguage the rest of the flights. Fortunately by coincidence I am flying of tomorrow but I booked it weeks ago. There are people who would be willing to pay quite a bit to get out of here though.
Yep there were two 777 flights into MCO today. DL1058 and DL1110 were both 777s today. Great to have a larger planes coming in to help get people out. Also strange that there isn't more widebodys going to South Florida as the only widebody that went down there today was an old 76P to FLL.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Yep there were two 777 flights into MCO today. DL1058 and DL1110 were both 777s today. Great to have a larger planes coming in to help get people out. Also strange that there isn't more widebodys going to South Florida as the only widebody that went down there today was an old 76P to FLL.
I doubt DL has a few dozen widebodies just sitting around.

With loads up at 80%, they can not shift many around to cover that w/o impacting other flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.