Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What are the most stupid things you have heard people say when walking through F/J?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the most stupid things you have heard people say when walking through F/J?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:02 pm
Taz

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by David Ocamb
Living in Austin TX and spending a good amount of time in the valley I find this hilarious. The entire concept that you can tell net worth based on dress or age is hilarious. To be honest it seems like those that hold it are from flyover states where they might be the richest in their city but have no concept of big money.
Apparently they can at SRQ, because that's consistently where someone tries to stop my jeans, t-shirt & running shoes wearing, backpack toting self from boarding with first class. Darned near every time.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES

Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by s0ssos
"Are you sure you aren't in my seat"? (but they say it with a smile)
This one is annoying. It actually makes me take another glance at my boarding pass, on the off chance I'm in the wrong seat.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
"These are where the corrupt politicians sit"
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
"These are where the corrupt politicians sit"
I believe those people fly private paid by their sponsors. At least we can all hope that the guy with a 757 isn't corrupt.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
I didn't have this problem when I flew SQ Suites and we boarded from our own jet bridge.
hi55us likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by David Ocamb
Living in Austin TX and spending a good amount of time in the valley I find this hilarious. The entire concept that you can tell net worth based on dress or age is hilarious. To be honest it seems like those that hold it are from flyover states where they might be the richest in their city but have no concept of big money.
Isn't Austin which is located in Texas in a flyover state?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Ha! Not according to the poster. They are right about dress as it relates to money- not a tight correlation over here.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Texas a flyover state? Tell that to Austin, DFW, Houston, and San Antonio. Plus numerous otger cities along I35/I10. Also add in AA, UA, and WN hubs.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by nichojo
I didn't have this problem when I flew SQ Suites and we boarded from our own jet bridge.
In Asia, you are not generally judged on your appearance but rather your ability to pay for something. As far as SQ Suites are concerned, you paid and you deserve your seat in the Suites on the 380.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by wolf72
In Asia, you are not generally judged on your appearance but rather your ability to pay for something. As far as SQ Suites are concerned, you paid and you deserve your seat in the Suites on the 380.
What I was referring to was the fact that on an A380 the only people I saw from the time I walked out of the airport onto the jetbridge to the time we deplaned was my wife and a few FAs.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:52 pm

Interesting thread. Unless my schedule is tight, I always dress down when I fly, and I am always in First/Business class. Outside the random DB as described above, I never have an issue. Crew only cares about if you are a D'head or not, now how you are dressed.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Actually what surprises me is how people lose their ability to count once they board a plane.

99 times out of 100 I am in 1A or rhe physical equivalent on airlines that don't start with row 1.

Passenger boarding via 1L walking down aisle holding BP: "Is this 12 A?" he says. Or perhaps "Is this 22c?"
canadiantransplant likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:13 am

I haven't had someone "say" something to me, but i got a large number of disapproving stares on my very first LHR-JFK D1 flight, paid. I boarded through L1 and walked into my seat, took my jacket off and took a moment to look at the seat (i'm used to VS layouts as i fly TATL with them mainly). I look up and about 4 people across the cabin are staring right at me, one of which has a visible disapproving look on his face.

None of them explicitly said anything, but i did get a "why are you here?" vibe from them.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Actually just remembered a flight last year, CHC-SYD in J on EK. Pretty empty flight, and as we were settling in a few Y pax were making their way through the cabin and slowing down to peek at some of the empty J seats. Nothing wrong with that, really.

Then one woman literally yells across the cabin (she was in the left aisle, and was yelling to me and my wife, as well as the guy in the row behind us, in the window seats on the right aisle - the only 3 people in the cabin at that time), "Hey, how much did you guys pay for these seats?"

I just ignored her. Guy behind us decided to tell her, "Nothing. I bought this with miles."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.