Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What are the most stupid things you have heard people say when walking through F/J?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the most stupid things you have heard people say when walking through F/J?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Man, your smartphone is HUGE.
Dennis88 and Great_circle like this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by ULDB65
Actually, I think some secretly enjoy feeling superior and being looked at by Y pax as they parade past. After all, if you fly private and no one sees you do it, what's the point?
http://www.theonion.com/article/amer...wo-way-m-56545 You mean this?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
I will just mutter in toungs while picking out one or two F pax to stare at as I deliberately write down their seat numbers.

I can't stand those spoiled OPM flyers and DMs that stole my upgrade.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Ledfish
This is the what the participation generation parent says.

This is what the motivational/realist parent says.

Which kid do you think has a more likely chance of flying up front when they grow up?

Sadly, I sense the former will be more prevalent 10 years from now.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by pvn
I know, it's hard to endure. You deserve a medal. Not many people understand the hardships of hearing that stuff.
Really?

Someone starts a tongue-in-cheek thread.

Others, participate, in-kind, in a jestful manner.

And you have come along in your typical Debbie Downer mode just to take a gratuitous shot at someone?

Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I wonder what people walking through the J cabin on a 767 say. Especially on TPAC flights.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by WWads
I wonder what people walking through the J cabin on a 767 say. Especially on TPAC flights.
"Thank God I saved my last GUC for DTW->PEK on the 350 instead of this modest seat"
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, WN A-List, AA Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by exwannabe
"Thank God I saved my last GUC for DTW->PEK on the 350 instead of this modest seat"
For PS like DL would like us to use GUC's for, right?

Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I was on the last leg of a ATL - BUD flight. The last leg was KLM from AMS to BUD. I am in those ridiculous European Biz Class seat. The bulk of the passengers were seniors from the US going on river cruises. The comments were hysterical (and accurate) as they were boarding. They acted like no one could speak English and understand them, so they had no filter:

"This is first class? Who would pay for this?"

"See honey? I told you first class was a waste of money!"

"These people are idiots for paying for no extra leg room! Do they think they are special?"

I am chuckling because, of course they are right, in that I wouldn't have paid extra for business class on this leg, but they also didn't see me sleeping flat on the ATL - AMS flight.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
I was on the last leg of a ATL - BUD flight. The last leg was KLM from AMS to BUD. I am in those ridiculous European Biz Class seat. The bulk of the passengers were seniors from the US going on river cruises. The comments were hysterical (and accurate) as they were boarding. They acted like no one could speak English and understand them, so they had no filter:

"This is first class? Who would pay for this?"

"See honey? I told you first class was a waste of money!"

"These people are idiots for paying for no extra leg room! Do they think they are special?"

I am chuckling because, of course they are right, in that I wouldn't have paid extra for business class on this leg, but they also didn't see me sleeping flat on the ATL - AMS flight.
One would think that most of those US pax were also connecting on from TATLs. Short memory, I guess (and of course missing context/understanding).

​​​​​
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Where are those jobs whose bosses pay for their tickets in F/D1???????
My boss does pay for all my F/J flights. :-)
Bi weekly Europe to Asia.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I was once flying a LAX-MEM redeye in NW, and during boarding, one lady pointed directly at my seat and said to her companion "Look, these are the seats they tried to sell us for 50 dollars". I looked at them, smiled, and said "too bad you didn't take the offer, cause they are really nice and also come with free booze".
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
^ I was going to say the same thing. What's funny is that with the galley configuration on the MD-88/90/95 coach usually gets served before first class.
Good point!
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Maybe I'm just really good at ignoring what is happening around me (I am a life long city slicker), or maybe I just don't care enough to remember, but in my >100 first class and business class flying experiences, I can't readily think of anything like this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium.
Living in Austin TX and spending a good amount of time in the valley I find this hilarious. The entire concept that you can tell net worth based on dress or age is hilarious. To be honest it seems like those that hold it are from flyover states where they might be the richest in their city but have no concept of big money.

Originally Posted by synergistic
I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've actually paid for FC, though I've been fortunate to have good upgrade luck. The only negative experiences I've had have come from other FC/elite passengers, who sometimes think I'm trying to board at the wrong time or have seated myself in some other more deserving soul's seat.

I'm youngish (not really anymore, I suppose!) and am usually wearing jeans and flipflops, hair still wet from the shower, blearily working my way through a hangover... I've been asked something along the lines of, 'Are you sure that's your seat?' more than a couple times. It's worked out well for me, though, because I reply with something like, "I know, guess they can't exactly accommodate window requests on upgrades... Don't suppose you'd like to switch?" and someone in the cabin always overhears and immediately offers to take my aisle for their window.

As for coach passengers, it's normally just a look of envy as they look at the big seats and then glance forward to coach - I figure I probably have a similar look when I'm trudging to the back of the bus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.