Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What are the most stupid things you have heard people say when walking through F/J?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the most stupid things you have heard people say when walking through F/J?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, WN A-List, AA Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium

I know people that regularly fly F or D1 know what I'm talking about...in the constant stream of passengers walking back to Y there are always a few that think they are making smart comments about the premium cabin...

I'll start:

Mother to daughter in her late teens on a B767 LAX-JFK redeye: "this is NOT where we are sitting. These people had their boss pay for their tickets".

Any others that come to mind?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Was on a early morning 321 flight from MCO-ATL one time when a mother told her little son who asked "why can't we sit in these big seats" and she responded "this is where the rich people sit." This is why I love planes with L2 boarding and not having to deal with PAX staring us down while they make there way back to Y (I don't like it when I have to sit in Y either.)
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
"These are the idiots who paid $1000 extra to sit in a slightly wider seat for an hour and a half."

Cheers,

Doc
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:42 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
A320 BEFORE the refurb, so, a VERY basic seating area.....

A young boy says to his father. . . . .

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW! How do you get to sit up HERE?!?

Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
"These are the idiots who paid $1000 extra to sit in a slightly wider seat for an hour and a half."

Cheers,

Doc
^ I was going to say the same thing. What's funny is that with the galley configuration on the MD-88/90/95 coach usually gets served before first class.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL DM MM
Not stupid but once I heard a mom say to her 6-7 year old daughter, "No, we're not sitting here but if you work really, really hard in school and get a good job, you can sit up here some day". I had the urge to respond that most of the people here would be in economy if not for the free upgrades.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 8:09 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
This is why I love planes with L2 boarding and not having to deal with PAX staring us down while they make there way back to Y (I don't like it when I have to sit in Y either.)
man, it sure is rough out there.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Was on a early morning 321 flight from MCO-ATL one time when a mother told her little son who asked "why can't we sit in these big seats" and she responded "this is where the rich people sit." This is why I love planes with L2 boarding and not having to deal with PAX staring us down while they make there way back to Y (I don't like it when I have to sit in Y either.)
You are special.
MCO Flyer likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
At the DL Museum walking through the 747 exhibit today...some of the amazement from others who seemed to have never seen a modern intl J cabin before. Was kind of interesting to hear and made me remember that we're pretty lucky to be able to experience those cabins enough that threads like this exist.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by pvn
man, it sure is rough out there.
Yep it sure is! Except I just realized that I totally butchered that post and meant to say that I don't like walking through F when I have to sit in Y. I sit in Y all the time so what do I have to say.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
MCO Flyer is only saying what many of us, who regularly turn left, are thinking...
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:47 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by gooselee
At the DL Museum walking through the 747 exhibit today...some of the amazement from others who seemed to have never seen a modern intl J cabin before. Was kind of interesting to hear and made me remember that we're pretty lucky to be able to experience those cabins enough that threads like this exist.
Which J seats are on that plane?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Some people think lie flat seats=first class. At the Museum of Flight in Seattle, I was walking through a 787 prototype. The front section had B/E diamond seats (like on the 757) and several people referred to those seats as first class.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Originally Posted by Dennis88
Mother to daughter in her late teens on a B767 LAX-JFK redeye: "this is NOT where we are sitting. These people had their boss pay for their tickets".
This is the what the participation generation parent says.

Originally Posted by LonghaulCommuter
Not stupid but once I heard a mom say to her 6-7 year old daughter, "No, we're not sitting here but if you work really, really hard in school and get a good job, you can sit up here some day".
This is what the motivational/realist parent says.

Which kid do you think has a more likely chance of flying up front when they grow up?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by davetravels
Which J seats are on that plane?
The new D1 seats, same as are on the remaining active 744s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.