Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What are the most stupid things you have heard people say when walking through F/J?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the most stupid things you have heard people say when walking through F/J?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by jspira
Actually what surprises me is how people lose their ability to count once they board a plane.

99 times out of 100 I am in 1A or rhe physical equivalent on airlines that don't start with row 1.

Passenger boarding via 1L walking down aisle holding BP: "Is this 12 A?" he says. Or perhaps "Is this 22c?"
The corollary to that are the people who pause and look at the number above row one, and then at their boarding pass, and then at the number again. Then they continue down the aisle and do the same thing at row 2....

How much do they think the numbering schema changed in 3 feet?!?!?!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:58 am

Bill Engvall did a comedy turn based on that... "They number them NUMERICALLY!"

The comment I remember most vividly was boarding an NZ 747 (yes it was a while ago) at AKL bound for LAX... I was in the Portside "mini cabin" of Premium Economy (only 8 seats next to the stairs...very cosy) and a family came through...Dad coping with all the carry ons...Mum coping with the kids....the dad looked at the Y+ seats and said to his wife "See...it doesn't look bad at all"....as they carried on through to the Y cabin...

I felt awful....they seemed like very nice folks...
FlyingNone, Zeeb and Great_circle like this.

Last edited by trooper; Aug 22, 2017 at 1:40 am
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by BOB W
Most annoying to me is people I am traveling with trying to make me feel bad as they walk past me to whatever is behind the curtain. Not ever going to happen!!!!
I said to some friends once "Why are you speaking to me, get back in steerage."

Once I heard a woman remark "Why are there only men sitting up here?" Granted, only guys were up front on that flight, but usually there's a mix.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:07 am

About 10 years ago, I had to travel to MSP with 2 co-workers. Since I had status (they did not), I was upgraded. One of my co-workers was visibly upset that I was upgraded and deliberately hit me with his carry-on as he passed me.

He was fired a few months later for verbally abusing (and physically threatening) a department assistant.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:04 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
The corollary to that are the people who pause and look at the number above row one, and then at their boarding pass, and then at the number again. Then they continue down the aisle and do the same thing at row 2....

How much do they think the numbering schema changed in 3 feet?!?!?!
Hum, have you seen house / building numbers in Tokyo?

(Apparently buildings are numbered in Tokyo in the order in which they are built.)
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
I got upgraded on a recent flight. Standing at the gate, waiting to board with two colleagues who did not get an upgrade, I told them about FT and this thread. When they boarded, one said as he passed me, "Wait until the revolution comes!"
trooper and Osmo like this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: DL Million Miler
Boarding Detroit-London a robust, huffing, swaggering, middle-aged Brit with a working class accent - - a newly minted FO - - comes on board and starts heading into Business class.

The FA stops him and asks to see the boarding pass, and redirects him toward the back of the plane.

He does a double take, and before heading down the aisle, says with indignation, "So THIS is SILVER class."
Xeno and davetravels like this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Alaska Airlines LAX-BWI redeye; the jet was a 12F 737-800 ... toward the end of boarding a couple who looked to be late 20s/early 30s are passing row 2 and the guy says (with a big grin) "You know, I think that's the couple who stole our tickets!"

almost all the F pax, as well as the FAs, broke out laughing and complimented him on his creativity
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by stc
Hum, have you seen house / building numbers in Tokyo?

(Apparently buildings are numbered in Tokyo in the order in which they are built.)
Yup. Needless to say, GPS was a huge hit. Prior to that, people would often fax you directions if you were coming to their offices.

Works similarly in Korea. A Korean friend said that the Koreans had invented the system, and got the Japanese to adopt it, as a form of revenge for centuries of mistreatment.
trooper likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I don't know if this counts but a Y pax was told by the lead FA to put his rollaboard in the F bin. She then asked if there was anything he needed out of it so he grabbed his ear buds and something else. People were still boarding at this time and she was telling anyone with a larger carry on to put it in the empty spaces in the F bins (F was boarded in full). He walks back to his seat and about 1-2 minutes later he asks the FA if he can grab one more thing. She didn't immediately answer so he said he'd be quick. He grabs one more thing and heads back. People are still boarding. I hear his voice again behind me pleading with the FA to let him grab one more thing and then he said something I couldn't understand. He ended up grabbing his rollaboard and heading back to his seat. His vacated bin space was quickly claimed.

Not the intent of the OP but this was definitely a very strange experience for me sitting in F.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
Flying SYD>LAX and we had premium Y seats (which were actually very nice/they since changed) and while sitting there, pressing all the buttons and figuring out what does what while enjoying our beverages, a pax walking past us yells, "Keep walking. Plebs up the back!".

Ive also once heard, "Really, SHE gets to sit in First?" but I cant argue with the person because Im a middle aged, fat wife from the suburbs who no doubt was badly dressed (I try to dress better these days but I prefer comfort).

These days we sit in J or F and I rarely notice anything if its said, Im too busy settling into my seat to notice anyone walking past me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.