Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta simply does not know how to police their boarding!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta simply does not know how to police their boarding!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:51 pm

This may also be a DYKWIA on my part, but to be fair, I was traveling with my in-laws who are one of those who forget everything they know once they enter the airport.
In the end of Feb this year we were coming back from SJO to LAX and the LAX>SLC flight was a little delayed. I left the wife, infant and in laws at the gate while I “got some better info from the sky club” (a beverage). I got word we were about to board and met the group and bagged up the stroller and walked up just in time to see people boarding. I walk over to the dozen or so people standing in the priority lane and ask the finely dressed gentleman, “are you guys boarding?” He looks at me in my hoodie and shorts carrying a stroller bag and states, “they are boarding premium.” I looked at him for a half of a second to see if he made a move toward the gate and then I replied, “thank you”, and just pushed my way through everyone without another word.
I was tired and irratated, not my best moment but come one. I can see you are a group of regular flyers and you are doing what we all complain about. I hope they assumed I missed the pre boarding and didn’t know what I was doing. If I was not completely drained I may have said, “ wow! The nice lady put us in 2a b c and d and this is our first time flying!”

Last edited by sevastras; Oct 16, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:55 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
​​​​​​congrats to all the nosey busybodies, airlines are finally cracking down on these lawless reprobates

https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...er/2452165002/

Terry Podraza, a disabled man, had to pre-board a Southwest Airlines flight from Reagan National Airport to Omaha on Saturday without his wife Kathy, who is sick with stage-four colon and liver cancer, after a ticket agent wouldn't allow them to board together.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by pvn
​​​​​​congrats to all the nosey busybodies, airlines are finally cracking down on these lawless reprobates

As long as I get my PDB, I can tolerate allowing those with terminal cancer and bodily disfigurement to board early. It’s when I don’t get my Mimosa that things turn ugly and the FAA needs to step in to curtail the insanity.
bergamini likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by pvn

For every overzealous GA, there are the ones that completely ignore "preboarders are permitted ONE family member to assist". I watched a family of three (with Cxx numbers) board with wheelchair-bound dad, instead of the permitted wife or teenage son.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.