Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL changed my seat 17G to 18A

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2017, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by C W
Is this in the CoC or something? Not doubting you, just curious as to where to find this sort of information.
DOT rule. Also one must be checked in at least one hour prior to bump someone if the airline doesn't block the seats. If they block them then technically you must request it at least 24 hours prior after which anyone can select and the airline doesn't have to move them.
Old May 27, 2017, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
There's an online disability service request form --

https://www.delta.com/contactus/disa...ervice-request
I filled out the form.
Old May 28, 2017, 7:21 am
Original Poster

I feel like a total DYKWIA about this issue. My BF said it's a non-issue. He could sleep in a crate tied to the wings, lol. I looked at seats in row 21, but it's next to the toilets. I've sat next to toilets before and not happy. So, I apologize for this thread.
Old May 28, 2017, 2:43 pm

I had a similar issue recently. I got bumped from one side of plane to other in same row...as I was walking to the gate the app updated with the seat switch...the purpose was to allow a couple to sit together...I had seen them and chatted with them earlier, and, at the time, had seat request cards.

I have a torn MCL in my right knee...so, I booked the left side aisle in C+ which would allow me to stretch my right leg into the aisle from time to time.

At least I remained in C+. But still, it is a pain, some times literally, when you choose your seat only to have it taken from you. And, it is frustrating that it usually happens without any notification. I know, I know, CoC and all that. yada, yada, yada...so, if any are inclined to chime in with the "you aren't guaranteed a particular seat" spiel...save it
Old May 28, 2017, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

My left knee is the issue. I've had right side aisle seats before but somehow manage to have left leg sticking out in the aisle and getting it knocked around when I'm sleeping. I figured in a window seat, 17A, I can use my carryon discretely as a foot rest. Or, I can find an inflatable footrest.
Old May 29, 2017, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CalVol
I had a similar issue recently. I got bumped from one side of plane to other in same row...as I was walking to the gate the app updated with the seat switch...the purpose was to allow a couple to sit together...I had seen them and chatted with them earlier, and, at the time, had seat request cards.

I have a torn MCL in my right knee...so, I booked the left side aisle in C+ which would allow me to stretch my right leg into the aisle from time to time.

At least I remained in C+. But still, it is a pain, some times literally, when you choose your seat only to have it taken from you. And, it is frustrating that it usually happens without any notification. I know, I know, CoC and all that. yada, yada, yada...so, if any are inclined to chime in with the "you aren't guaranteed a particular seat" spiel...save it
If you really wanted it they could be put you in it. They're supposed to accommodate you on whichever side best works.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
My left knee is the issue. I've had right side aisle seats before but somehow manage to have left leg sticking out in the aisle and getting it knocked around when I'm sleeping. I figured in a window seat, 17A, I can use my carryon discretely as a foot rest. Or, I can find an inflatable footrest.
There is no need to be discreet about using your carry-on as a footrest. You must stow all carry-ons during take off, but after that can legitimately keep it in front of you as a foot rest. You'll just have to stow it again before the descent for landing. Seat 17A is a great seat for that. There's enough legroom to access the aisle without disturbing the person in the aisle seat.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:15 am
Original Poster

I wanted to give an update. Two days ago a CS rep called me to ask about the disability form I completed about my knee issue. He was very nice and professional. He made note of my disability on my record. He assured me I will keep my selected seats.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Had a similar situation over the weekend. I selected 17AB about 8 months ago. TATL 767-400, C+, 17AB regular ordinary seats third row back. We are FF/GM and GM.

Went to OLCI and we were now in 15AB. No equipment change. Still C+ but 15AB which is bulkhead and missing a window. Pharaoha hates the bulkhead.

GA could do nothing as flight was full so I sent in a complaint two days ago. Yesterday got a call and the agent agreed there was "absolutely no apparent reason" for the move. etc. etc. Fortunately, no real harm and we got a few miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.