DL changed my seat 17G to 18A

Old May 27, 2017, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Exclamation DL changed my seat 17G to 18A

Selected and paid extra for C+. Had 17G for months. I checked today and moved to 18A. This is not acceptable at all to me. I need your help. JFK-LHR.

On hold now with DL now for a long time. Tried twitter as well.
Old May 27, 2017, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Flight and aircraft type? Is 18A C+ or not? Is 17G bulkhead or something special within C+? You might have been moved if there's a special needs passenger who requires the bulkhead seat. Was there an aircraft change or a schedule change?
Old May 27, 2017, 9:12 am
Original Poster

DL 402. 767-300. No aircraft change. It is C+, and I needed the extra room for my bad knee. No schedule change. On hold now. Twitter no response.
Old May 27, 2017, 9:23 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
I think MSPEconomist's suggestion of a pax with diability is likely correct.

If your knee is so bad (and my sympathies, I also have knee problems and it sucks) that you cannot fly outside of a bulkhead I would suggest obtaining documentation and registering with Delta for future flights.

Being moved for disabled pax is a known risk of self-assigning bulkheads, so if you become the disabled passenger from Delta's perspective you should have an easier time of things.
Old May 27, 2017, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's an online disability service request form --

https://www.delta.com/contactus/disa...ervice-request
Old May 27, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
I once flew on a 757 in a seat with a slide obstruction. Never again.

Last edited by Canarsie; May 27, 2017 at 9:55 am Reason: Removed now-deleted quoted content.
Old May 27, 2017, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Everything is fixed now. Supervisor told me someone with a disability or service animal has my seat. I have no problem with that. I asked very nicely to move to the later flight and now have 17A. No change fee. Great customer service experience. Thanks for all your suggestions.
Old May 27, 2017, 10:20 am
C W

Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
Everything is fixed now. Supervisor told me someone with a disability or service animal has my seat. I have no problem with that. I asked very nicely to move to the later flight and now have 17A. No change fee. Great customer service experience. Thanks for all your suggestions.
Glad to hear that it worked out and thanks for letting us know what happened!
Old May 27, 2017, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
When is the flight? If 17A is also a special needs case, you could still lose it unless your knee qualifies for special needs seating. [I'm not sure whether the left side bulkhead seats are also considered special needs seats on the 767 like the ones on the right of the aircraft.]
Old May 27, 2017, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When is the flight? If 17A is also a special needs case, you could still lose it unless your knee qualifies for special needs seating. [I'm not sure whether the left side bulkhead seats are also considered special needs seats on the 767 like the ones on the right of the aircraft.]
Technically the rules are quite simple. Your knee must either be fused or immobilized to qualify to bump someone or prevent someone from taking it. A bad knee in itself doesn't qualify.
Old May 27, 2017, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Technically the rules are quite simple. Your knee must either be fused or immobilized to qualify to bump someone or prevent someone from taking it. A bad knee in itself doesn't qualify.
I do wear a knee brace as I have torn ACL and a tear in MCL.
Old May 27, 2017, 1:36 pm
C W

Is this in the CoC or something? Not doubting you, just curious as to where to find this sort of information.
Old May 27, 2017, 2:07 pm

Correct. The 3 situations that trump everything (body) else are: 1) fused/immobile knee 2) customers who use an "aisle chair" 3) actual service animals (not ESA's).
Old May 27, 2017, 2:12 pm

You can find it on Delta.com....

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...abilities.html
Old May 27, 2017, 2:33 pm
C W

Originally Posted by OHDL1
Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.