FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   DL changed my seat 17G to 18A (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1844862-dl-changed-my-seat-17g-18a.html)

CosmosHuman May 27, 2017 8:59 am

DL changed my seat 17G to 18A

Selected and paid extra for C+. Had 17G for months. I checked today and moved to 18A. This is not acceptable at all to me. I need your help. JFK-LHR.

On hold now with DL now for a long time. Tried twitter as well.

MSPeconomist May 27, 2017 9:08 am

Flight and aircraft type? Is 18A C+ or not? Is 17G bulkhead or something special within C+? You might have been moved if there's a special needs passenger who requires the bulkhead seat. Was there an aircraft change or a schedule change?

CosmosHuman May 27, 2017 9:12 am

DL 402. 767-300. No aircraft change. It is C+, and I needed the extra room for my bad knee. No schedule change. On hold now. Twitter no response.

C W May 27, 2017 9:23 am

I think MSPEconomist's suggestion of a pax with diability is likely correct.

If your knee is so bad (and my sympathies, I also have knee problems and it sucks) that you cannot fly outside of a bulkhead I would suggest obtaining documentation and registering with Delta for future flights.

Being moved for disabled pax is a known risk of self-assigning bulkheads, so if you become the disabled passenger from Delta's perspective you should have an easier time of things.

xliioper May 27, 2017 9:31 am

There's an online disability service request form --

https://www.delta.com/contactus/disa...ervice-request

RRDD May 27, 2017 9:41 am

I once flew on a 757 in a seat with a slide obstruction. Never again.

CosmosHuman May 27, 2017 9:44 am

Everything is fixed now. Supervisor told me someone with a disability or service animal has my seat. I have no problem with that. I asked very nicely to move to the later flight and now have 17A. No change fee. Great customer service experience. Thanks for all your suggestions.

C W May 27, 2017 10:20 am

Originally Posted by CosmosHuman (Post 28366704)
Everything is fixed now. Supervisor told me someone with a disability or service animal has my seat. I have no problem with that. I asked very nicely to move to the later flight and now have 17A. No change fee. Great customer service experience. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Glad to hear that it worked out and thanks for letting us know what happened!

MSPeconomist May 27, 2017 11:35 am

Originally Posted by CosmosHuman (Post 28366704)

When is the flight? If 17A is also a special needs case, you could still lose it unless your knee qualifies for special needs seating. [I'm not sure whether the left side bulkhead seats are also considered special needs seats on the 767 like the ones on the right of the aircraft.]

flyerCO May 27, 2017 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 28367186)
When is the flight? If 17A is also a special needs case, you could still lose it unless your knee qualifies for special needs seating. [I'm not sure whether the left side bulkhead seats are also considered special needs seats on the 767 like the ones on the right of the aircraft.]

Technically the rules are quite simple. Your knee must either be fused or immobilized to qualify to bump someone or prevent someone from taking it. A bad knee in itself doesn't qualify.

CosmosHuman May 27, 2017 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 28367546)
Technically the rules are quite simple. Your knee must either be fused or immobilized to qualify to bump someone or prevent someone from taking it. A bad knee in itself doesn't qualify.

I do wear a knee brace as I have torn ACL and a tear in MCL.

C W May 27, 2017 1:36 pm

Is this in the CoC or something? Not doubting you, just curious as to where to find this sort of information.

OHDL1 May 27, 2017 2:07 pm

Correct. The 3 situations that trump everything (body) else are: 1) fused/immobile knee 2) customers who use an "aisle chair" 3) actual service animals (not ESA's).

OHDL1 May 27, 2017 2:12 pm

You can find it on Delta.com....

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...abilities.html

C W May 27, 2017 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by OHDL1 (Post 28367759)

Thanks