Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Raises Maximum VDB Compensation to $9,950 in Vouchers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Raises Maximum VDB Compensation to $9,950 in Vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by davetravels
I've seen this posted one or two times here before. I can never figure out the rationale for a company doing this.

When I think about it, I don't remember seeing a post that someone's company doesn't allow it - - But I think I saw a couple of posts stating that if an employee accepts a VDB, the dollar amount belongs to the company.
We're allowed to take the VDB and keep the voucher. The only catch is that missed time is on us, i.e., no per diem and required to take vacation if the VDB means spending the night somewhere. And obviously that only works on the return leg. Can't exactly miss the first day of a meeting because I took a VDB. So it's possible for me on work trips, but I don't have a whole lot of flexibility.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by 355F1
http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....l-fly-tonight/

In the aftermath of the David Dao dragging incident in April, several airlines revamped their policies around paying denied boarding compensation. Delta authorized gate agents to go up to $2000 in compensation, and allowed supervisors to offer up to $9950.

I’ve never heard of anyone receiving anything close to $10,000. Involuntary denied boardings are exceedingly rare already, especially on Delta. When they do guess wrong on overbooking customers usually volunteer their seats for a few hundred dollars.

Today however a passenger did receive several thousand dollars to give up their seat on an overbooked flight. Tracy Jarvis Smith accepted $4000 and only had to delay her travel by several hours today.
$4000!? Amateur, should have waited until 8.5K

Old Sep 9, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
It's not difficult to spend $4000 in a year.
For us on FT, of course not, but for John Q Public, perhaps.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
"Not one fan wanted to get in late"...This is an unnecessarily excessively kind description of these passengers' behavior, lol...We all know what he deep down is thinking of them...
IndyHoosier likes this.

Last edited by nk15; Sep 9, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.