FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   TSA Plans to Limit PreCheck to Enrolled Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1817885-tsa-plans-limit-precheck-enrolled-trusted-travelers.html)

jamesteroh Feb 2, 2017 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Fleck (Post 27856313)
Confirmed good news.

It says "significantly reduce" not eliminate though. Now if they only give precheck to those with a TTN it will be great news

davetravels Feb 7, 2017 10:38 am

So, we're a week into February. Has anyone who has NOT paid for GE or PreChek - - <ie: that Delta as given it to for free> - - NOT gotten PreChek this month?

OHDL1 Feb 7, 2017 11:03 am

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 27877317)
So, we're a week into February. Has anyone who has NOT paid for GE or PreChek - - <ie: that Delta as given it to for free> - - NOT gotten PreChek this month?

There was no shortage of people...mom, pop, brother Ken, Uncle Ned, the neighbor from down the street getting free Pre-Check in CVG this past weekend.. I.E. things have not changed...yet.

davetravels Feb 7, 2017 11:29 am

Originally Posted by OHDL1 (Post 27877438)
There was no shortage of people...mom, pop, brother Ken, Uncle Ned, the neighbor from down the street getting free Pre-Check in CVG this past weekend.

I hope'ya said hi to my uncle Ned!

:D

acrophobia Feb 7, 2017 12:12 pm

My wife, son and I were clearly the only ones with TTNs in our precheck line at DTW on Saturday. There were easily 20 completey clueless people ahead of us.

CarmenOM Feb 7, 2017 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by pa3lsvt (Post 27857551)
So we can look forward to K9 Managed Inclusion?

The K9 inspection has been going on for some time (at least a year?) now. When the dogs are in use passengers in the regular lines are treated like PreCheck pax in regard to shoes and removal of laptops and liquids from carryon bags. As in all the screening, there are elements of randomness, so some passengers will still have to go through the full screening. The lines move really fast when the dogs are used.

lucycan Feb 8, 2017 9:50 am

No changes that I've seen at MSP yet. The TSA lines typically meet in the middle of the concourse on Friday mornings.

DL-Don Feb 9, 2017 5:07 am

As far as I can tell, this is not happening and, in fact, may be getting worse. My point of reference is yesterday at 5:30AM, the Pre-check line at SDF was three times longer than the other line. That was on Wednesday, not exactly a high business travel day. So either lots of random people received the Pre-check gift or tons of leisure travels are spending the money. I'm betting it was random gifts.

vincentharris Feb 11, 2017 4:57 am

MCO had every leisure tourist traveler in the pre check line this week.

The lady in front of me was holding up the line pulling out liquids. I let her know you don't need to take it out, she said thank you and started to pull her laptop out. I politely told her she didn't need to do that either :)

she he started to take her shoes off when the TSA officer chimed in telling her she didn't need to take those off either.

After this lady passed through the very nice TSA officer rolled her eyes, and funny enough commented to me that the lines have not been reduced in February after the "changes" were supposed to go into effect.

CJKatl Feb 11, 2017 10:12 am

A close friend with neither Pre-Check clearance, GE nor DL status above having the Amex Card received Pre-Check for two flights this week: ATL-PHX on Sun and the return on Friday.

Often1 Feb 11, 2017 11:49 am

Every time you go through a check-point and there is a person who clearly does not have a KTN in the pre-check line who is not 70+ or 12-, send in a webform complaint to TSA and then to the DHS Inspector General noting that the agency's public statements are simply untrue.

Make sure to include the date & exact time as well as the specific checkpoint.

CJKatl Feb 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 27895918)
Every time you go through a check-point and there is a person who clearly does not have a KTN in the pre-check line who is not 70+ or 12-, send in a webform complaint to TSA and then to the DHS Inspector General noting that the agency's public statements are simply untrue.

First, how would you know this? You might assume this, but how would you know? My friend mentioned it to me and we discussed it, but otherwise, how would you know?

Second, how would it be inconsistent with the statement, which said access would be "significantly reduced" but not eliminated? Witnessing it happening once or twice might not mean it was not reduced.

Third, when you sign up for Pre-Check, you are not signing up for an exclusive fast line. You are signing up for expedited screening, which means, like all the others in that line, you don't have to take off your shoes, remove you liquids, take off light jackets or remove large electronics from your bag. While it might frustrate you that others have been accorded the same and are slowing down your line, does that really give you the right to demand that others not be allowed in your line?

pgh234 Feb 11, 2017 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 27895918)

I for one REFUSE to pay the government more than I already have to pay for anything. I find it disgusting the amount of marketing dollars the TSA spends on staffing the enrollment centers to help justify taking more dollars out of my pocket. My wife and I enjoy how 90% of the time we fly we get pre check for free while the smug whiners on this board who paid money cry behind us in line.

CCIE_Flyer Feb 11, 2017 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by pgh234 (Post 27896467)
My wife and I enjoy how 90% of the time we fly we get pre check for free while the smug whiners on this board who paid money cry behind us in line.

But I think the point is that your 90% success rate is about to seriously plummet, no? Will you still refuse, then?

(Edit: I should add that I'm not sure I'll continue in the GE/Pre program my own self, so just asking vs. antagonizing in any way...)

pgh234 Feb 11, 2017 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer (Post 27897146)
But I think the point is that your 90% success rate is about to seriously plummet, no? Will you still refuse, then?

(Edit: I should add that I'm not sure I'll continue in the GE/Pre program my own self, so just asking vs. antagonizing in any way...)

Yes...I would still refuse to sign up if our success rate plummets. I think the point of this thread though is that we doubt our success rate will ever plummet based on previous threats from the TSA to take PreCheck away.