FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   TSA Plans to Limit PreCheck to Enrolled Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1817885-tsa-plans-limit-precheck-enrolled-trusted-travelers.html)

Orange County Commuter Feb 24, 2017 11:41 am

At least some of the 'clueless' have DM cowbells on their bag. Apparently the multiple tags exempt them from the need to empty their pockets???? Is this a bizarre case of DYKWIA?

quoo Feb 24, 2017 1:12 pm

Followed someone through pre-check at ORD earlier this week who had the oddest assortment of random items on the conveyer belt (we're talking small things like a, folder, a book, a belt, not in a bin). Not sure if it was someone having a rough day or just not understanding the security process.

Also, is the pre-check line at JFK always getting random people waived through? I managed to follow a few 20 somethings who each had several full water bottles on them, and every time i go there it seems much longer than every other pre check I've been in.

arkangel Feb 24, 2017 5:03 pm

My wife and I are both PLT and this past weekend she received free pre-check, but I did not, on our outbound flight. On the return, we both received pre-check.

jamesteroh Feb 24, 2017 5:17 pm

Someone I know flying tomorrow didn't get it as a PM and normally does (no TTN). I'm at DTW right now and plenty of clueless people in line. You would think people by now would know precheck doesn't exempt you from bottled water being banned. Thank God for clear

CJKatl Feb 24, 2017 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 27954657)
You would think people by now would know precheck doesn't exempt you from bottled water being banned.

A TSA agent once told me that people constantly say something along the lines of, "It's not a liquid. It's water." She also told me that people have a hard time understanding that a metal detector detects metal and that coins are metal.

Fleck Feb 24, 2017 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Widgets (Post 27940447)
I checked in 2 DMs over the weekend who were surprised and borderline offensive that they didn't have PreCheck status. Neither had enrolled in a TT program.

You should not have to suffer the foot stomping tantrums of a couple of ignorants. Hand them a pamphlet and dismiss them.

Howste Feb 24, 2017 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Fleck (Post 27954952)
You should not have to suffer the foot stomping tantrums of a couple of ignorants. Hand them a pamphlet and dismiss them.

I was going to say I'd worry about a post on FT about how they were mistreated by a rogue DL employee. But clearly they aren't FTers or they would already know why they didn't get PreCheck.

quoo Feb 27, 2017 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by CJKatl (Post 27954868)
A TSA agent once told me that people constantly say something along the lines of, "It's not a liquid. It's water." She also told me that people have a hard time understanding that a metal detector detects metal and that coins are metal.

:eek:

davetravels Feb 27, 2017 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by quoo (Post 27965722)
:eek:

Well, what do you expect from people who do THIS: . . . . (This happened behind me once)

TSA Agent: Ma'am, you hafto put the baby seat up on the belt and thru the x-ray.

LONG pause: . . . . .

TSA Agent: Ma'am, you hafto take the baby out first!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

jamesteroh Feb 27, 2017 3:17 pm

They are obviously still giving it out at LAS like candy. There were at least 20 people in the precheck line yesterday. Thank God for clear, only one in that lane but the four people in front of me were clueless.

Took about five minutes to get through the magnometer with just four people in front of me (they were clueless belts stayed on and so did light jackets and that an Ipad could stay in a bag even if it wasn't precheck).

I saw a couple that these drinks belong to arguing with an agent. They claim they bought a bunch of items at the liquor store in baggage claim when landing and they were told by the clerk that as long as they had a receipt proving they bought it at the airport and got precheck they could take them back home with them. I can't believe the clerk would tell them that and if he didn't I can't believe they would think they could BS the TSA agent and get those things through. I didn't see how it turned out (I admit I took my good old time getting my cell phone and insulin pump out of my bag so I could listen to as much of the conversation as possible). but the wife was showing the agent the receipt "proving" she bought the items in the airport (and not sure how that proves anything, they could have drank the beer and bought more at another store).

Sad these people getting precheck.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...e14946-tsa.jpg

gooselee Feb 27, 2017 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 27966644)
they were told by the clerk that as long as they had a receipt proving they bought it at the airport and got precheck they could take them back home with them.

That sounds like a nifty airport employee prank if I ever heard of one.

KevinDTW Feb 27, 2017 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee (Post 27966773)
That sounds like a nifty airport employee prank if I ever heard of one.

Damn, I knew I shouldn't have bought that first class upgrade from the guy at the duty free shop! ;)

davetravels Feb 27, 2017 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by KevinDTW (Post 27966783)
Damn, I knew I shouldn't have bought that first class upgrade from the guy at the duty free shop! ;)

FAKE UPGRADES!!!

;) :D :p

Qwkynuf Feb 27, 2017 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 27966820)
FAKE ALTERNATIVE UPGRADES!!!

;) :D :p

Fixed that for ya ;)

dmarge18 Mar 1, 2017 7:03 am

Precheck today at BWI was an absolute clown show. Twelve people in line, four didn't have precheck, so they had to leave the line. Another one tried to go with his wife but she didn't have precheck; booted her and sent him thru, only to call him back and say you don't have precheck either (after scanning him and his bags), and made him go back to the beginning of the 'normal line.'