Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Upgrade Success (Or Lack Thereof)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
JFK-AUS upcoming on Friday afternoon. I guess because it's Good Friday, business travel is down, because my upgrade has already posted. I almost never get upgraded on this route.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
First miss of the year after 14 segments... #6 for 1 seat on LGA-DFW.

Was supposed to fly back on DFW-LGA, but now need to fly to DFW to YYZ on AC and then doing YYZ-LGA on a Delta codeshare with Westjet
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
Originally Posted by Start_at_UIN
4/10 STL>DTW and DTW>BWI both cleared last night @ the window.

24 of 30 so far this year for 80%.
4/13/2017 DCA>DTW @ 3day DTW>MLI @ 5day

26 for 32.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Monday 4-10-17
PBI-ATL was 15 for 0 seats
ATL-CLT 14 for 4 seats

CLT-ATL today was upgraded when I bought the ticket 4 days prior.

ATl-PBI no chance. 21 for 0 seats.

2 of 40 on the year.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
My streak ended today. I had been on a major roll this year.

However, today, as a DM, I was #16 on the list from Atlanta to DFW with 2 seats open. There were 67 people on the upgrade list.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Got the upgrade on JFK - RDU tonight as an SPG Plat with one seat going out empty.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
I thought switching To DL would be a good idea. Oops !
I'm platinum and haven't even seen light. RUCs only waitlist. I'm number 11/20 tomorrow from DFW-SLC. I don't even remember cracking the top recently
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: Delta PM, American Platinum
I'm flying out of Boston as a Platinum and have been pretty happy with my upgrades this year (12/17). Details below.

BOS-CVG-DFW: Upgraded both legs

BOS-ATL-DFW: Upgraded both legs (flying on a Saturday morning)

BOS-SLC-BOI-SLC-BOS: Cleared all legs using RUC

BOS-LAX-BOS: No upgrade

BOS-ATL-DEN: Cleared ATL to DEN, didn't clear BOS-ATL (flying on a Thursday)

BOS-LAX-HNL: Cleared both legs on a Tuesday (shocked but very pleased to have cleared BOS-LAX -- I've never made that upgrade before and have probably flown this flight ten times in the last 16 months).

HNL-LAX-ATL-BOS: Getting ready to head to the airport. ATL-BOS cleared at the five day window. No shot at LAX-ATL (19/42 for six seats). Things were looking good this morning for HNL-LAX (3/23 for seven seats), but I've watched 6 of these seats vanish throughout the day, presumably to FCM.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
After first miss of the year (14th flight with 3 not upgrade eligible), I received an upgrade instantly after booking the newly created LGA-YOW night flight. My trip is on Tuesday and I think is the first time I've ever gotten an upgrade as soon as I booked
Old Apr 14, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
Made it last night SAN/SEA....#4 with 4 open. # 3 didn't show so they pulled #5 up before the door closed.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
I jumped from United to Delta this year, after matching Gold status. My first domestic flight is this coming Monday (BOS-RDU), and I've already been upgraded to First.

I think that already beats my number of upgrades all last year on United (zero)!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Hey everyone... I'm missing every upgrade. Not even cracking top 10 80% of the time. I fly mostly out of DFW to LAX (was easy last year ) , DTW, MSP and Atlanta. Sometimes New York. I am 0 for the world on upgrades. Is life better as a Diamond or am I wasting money even trying ?

Also. RUC waitlist for LAX-HNL and hasn't cleared with cabin half empty . Missed my last RUC by a mile. Was #14 ATL-SFO.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aero0729
Hey everyone... I'm missing every upgrade. Not even cracking top 10 80% of the time. I fly mostly out of DFW to LAX (was easy last year ) , DTW, MSP and Atlanta. Sometimes New York. I am 0 for the world on upgrades. Is life better as a Diamond or am I wasting money even trying ?

Also. RUC waitlist for LAX-HNL and hasn't cleared with cabin half empty . Missed my last RUC by a mile. Was #14 ATL-SFO.
DTW MSP and ATL are hubs. It's TOUGH. Need to be a DM really in those hubs to have a shot.

Wouldn't be discouraged. Only major routes and through hubs. And they are offering FCM to no status people for lower than you are seeing.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by aero0729

I feel your pain. I am 2 of 40 on the year. Haven't used any RUC's yet but will on an STL-SFO-ATL flight coming up (both on 757-300) and am applying RUC's.

Living in PBI area I am really hub captive to DL so it is what it is. As long as I have an aisle seat I am good to go.

Have PBI-ATL-CLT-MSP-DTW-BNA coming up and there was a great FCM offer and the boss approved. About the only way I am sure to get first.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Got all 4 legs again Wednesday and Thursday this week. DAY-ATL-AUS-ATL-DAY the Dayton to Atlanta legs 3 days out and the legs to Austin 1 day out and the leg back from Austin at the gate 2/56 with 2 seats remaining

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.