Problems using e-Drink Coupons

Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:30 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pvn
I mean, I can't just leave the app running in the foreground forever, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard if they actually expect people to do that.
I don't understand your attitude, isn't the most important thing in your life Delta and the Delta app?

/sarcasm off
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:52 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by pvn
I mean, I can't just leave the app running in the foreground forever, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard if they actually expect people to do that.
Even if I leave my app open, but not necessarily showing on the screen at the moment, after a short while, if you go back to it, it's still open without re-logging in - - but - BUT . . . after a certain amount of time being open, when you access it, it STILL has to re-log you back in.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by puddinhead
I don't understand your attitude, isn't the most important thing in your life Delta and the Delta app?
I hope, our "famous" Bubba doesn't mind me quoting a recent post of his . . . . .

Originally Posted by bubbashow
All that I know keep ego in check. All that I know would never base their self worth on some plastic card that an airline assigns to them. It is sad that so many on here do. Must be some empty lives to base so much worth on a marketing scheme.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:41 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by davetravels
Even if I leave my app open, but not necessarily showing on the screen at the moment, after a short while, if you go back to it, it's still open without re-logging in - - but - BUT . . . after a certain amount of time being open, when you access it, it STILL has to re-log you back in.
Right. And this is an application problem, delta could code their app to avoid this.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:47 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pvn
Right. And this is an application problem, delta could code their app to avoid this.
^ my auto insurance company's app has an option for showing the insurance card even when you aren't logged in.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
But, it's not just the app. When the app won't load, usually, Delta.com won't load either, in a regular internet browser.

Why isn't there a separate thread on this?

This has been mentioned numerous times before!!!

Maybe we can kick some butt over at GoGo and get them to fix this!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: SkyMiles PM
how to use drink coupons?

I can display them in the app but then what?

I tried to use them yesterday on a flight. The flight attendant used my phone and kept trying to get the coupons to open. I can tap them all I want but they just sit there. If I tap my Platinum Medallion credential right below the drink coupons then that opens up into what looks like a code that can be scanned. After the flight attendant tried and failed to scan that code she went back to the coupons and tried to open them again to no avail. She said they are supposed to open but never having seen that myself I don't know what that looks like.

How are they supposed to work?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by Contradancer
I can display them in the app but then what?

I tried to use them yesterday on a flight. The flight attendant used my phone and kept trying to get the coupons to open. I can tap them all I want but they just sit there. If I tap my Platinum Medallion credential right below the drink coupons then that opens up into what looks like a code that can be scanned. After the flight attendant tried and failed to scan that code she went back to the coupons and tried to open them again to no avail. She said they are supposed to open but never having seen that myself I don't know what that looks like.

How are they supposed to work?
What type of mobile device?

On Android, it is pretty straightforward.

Go to My Wallet, Click on a drink voucher. I get a notification 'This voucher will be removed from your wallet'. Click Yes and the voucher appears. Screenshot it and use it later.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:41 pm

which device

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
What type of mobile device?

On Android, it is pretty straightforward.

Go to My Wallet, Click on a drink voucher. I get a notification 'This voucher will be removed from your wallet'. Click Yes and the voucher appears. Screenshot it and use it later.
Thank you for the explanation. I'm using Android also and I'm in My Wallet. Clicking the voucher does nothing.

Now that I know what's supposed to happen I can decide what to do next--uninstall and reinstall, call Delta, do nothing...

Thanks again.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:47 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Depending on your needs, one workaround would be to redeem them from the DL website and print them out or save to PDF (I did this to give a couple to a co-worker and they say "please use by 2/2/18")
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
Depending on your needs, one workaround would be to redeem them from the DL website and print them out or save to PDF (I did this to give a couple to a co-worker and they say "please use by 2/2/18")
That's Ground Hog Day. I thought that the last day to use them would be January 31st.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Mine for some reason say Oct 20 2017 but I just print them out instead of bothering with them still. Seems in My Wallet on my iPhone you can touch it and "use" it but haven't tried on the plane itself.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by Contradancer
Thank you for the explanation. I'm using Android also and I'm in My Wallet. Clicking the voucher does nothing.

Now that I know what's supposed to happen I can decide what to do next--uninstall and reinstall, call Delta, do nothing...

Thanks again.
You could tap on them and in the past they would open like your SC and Medallion credentials.
After reading your post i tried to tap on one of the 8 vouchers and also failed to open them.

(Android Samsung Galaxy S8+)
Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
They expire one year from issue date. Thus why different expiration dates.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:36 am

misery loves company

Originally Posted by Grouchy
You could tap on them and in the past they would open like your SC and Medallion credentials.
After reading your post i tried to tap on one of the 8 vouchers and also failed to open them.

(Android Samsung Galaxy S8+)
Comforting to know I'm not the only one. In the interest of full disclosure I've got an old Motorola DROID MAXX running Android 4.4.4.

Now that I know that I'm not the only one I'm inclined to do nothing. Both times I've experienced this the flight attendant ended up giving me the drink anyway. If Delta made it super-easy for me or its employees to report bugs then maybe I'd sing a different tune.

And I don't mean to imply Delta is alone in this regard--my employer doesn't make it easy either. Sigh.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.