Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone willing to check on shenanigans?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone willing to check on shenanigans?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Wrong! The rules are posted on a publicly accessible web page dlnet.delta.com
Haha, I fully appreciated the irony of posting that. But it is from the publicly accessible Deltanet login page.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Very possible - the WX was tough Friday morning and many of those oversolds might have been from misconnects to an earlier flight. This was a late AM departure.

While probably not applicable in this case, there's another situation that can be misinterpreted. I have a friend who's a Captain for another airline. She lives in New Orleans and is LAX based. While I don't know the exact details, her airline provides F tickets (probably heavily discounted) on DL for her MSY-LAX work travel. There are many people who see an airline uniform and don't necessarily know which airline the person is from. Some of the uniforms are very similar. So, someone sees her seated in F and jumps to conclusions.
NetJets does this. I've seen twice where a customer has gotten upset and complained to the gate agent about upgrading a nonrev over her. Then the gate agent has to embarrass the customer: "they paid for their seat and they have higher Medallion status than you."

My LAX friend told me of a time the pax came back up to the gate after boarding and half yelled at him about giving first class to nonrevs. The GA half yelled back
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Widgets
NetJets does this. I've seen twice where a customer has gotten upset and complained to the gate agent about upgrading a nonrev over her. Then the gate agent has to embarrass the customer: "they paid for their seat and they have higher Medallion status than you."
any GA who can calmly do that with poise and tact deserves a dozen JWDs ... sadly, I think few if any DL FT regulars would take it well
My LAX friend told me of a time the pax came back up to the gate after boarding and half yelled at him about giving first class to nonrevs. The GA half yelled back
there were obviously no DL FTers in the vicinity
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Fly_Delta_Jets
False. All activity within a Delta system is logged and tied back to the user. If they wanted to look and found an employee accessing info for a non work-related purpose, they could be subject to disciplinary action.

From the Deltanet login page:
CONTENT: You must not copy, reproduce or forward any content from Deltanet outside of Delta Air Lines, including posting on any personal or public Web pages, blogs, or social media sites, including, but not limited to Flyertalk, Facebook, or Twitter.

Use of Deltanet is governed by all applicable company policies. Violation of company policy regarding the use of Deltanet may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. To review the policy regarding corporate intranet use, please read HRPM1119.13 on Deltanet.
Because of this, you're less likely to see employees publicly checking "shenanigans" on FT.
I don't see where that prohibits access for "non work-related purposes". For instance, I highly doubt they object to an employee looking up seat availability to decide where to attempt to non-rev on their days off.

I said they don't much care what people look at. That's completely distinct from copying content (such as you did) to anywhere else.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others

How do they (think they) know who is a nonrev?

(If it's something I can do, I might start doing it on flights I'm in (paid or upgraded) F/J just to annoy them.)
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by sethb
How do they (think they) know who is a nonrev?
I suspect many simply assume (and you know the result of that) that anyone in crew uniform is DL crew, and therefore NRSA
Originally Posted by sethb
If it's something I can do, I might start doing it on flights I'm in (paid or upgraded) F/J just to annoy them.
I trust you're being sarcastic, but just in case ... please don't be a p**** and do it just because you can do it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.