Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N639DL
Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SLL
I bet if I flew from SAN through LAX then to ATL (was $200 more) on a FLAT-Bed 767-ER (DeltaOne) they would be serving breakfast.
Nope. You get a flat bed but it is not Delta One service. Delta One is a product that is a combination of hard product (flat bed seats) + soft product (meals, Westin bedding, etc). LAX-ATL would be the exact same service as SAN-ATL (domestic first class), but would have the flat beds (just a nice perk).
Old May 19, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
Must be 8pm? Not that I know for sure but have a DTW-LAS in a couple weeks that departs at 8:05 and we are also looking forward to the luxury "refreshments" offered.
I have actually taken that flight and typically receives a sandwich (no choice/hot). It is possible that could have changed, but in the 3 times I have taken it in the last year, we were always fed up front.
Old May 19, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I have actually taken that flight and typically receives a sandwich (no choice/hot). It is possible that could have changed, but in the 3 times I have taken it in the last year, we were always fed up front.
I've been on the ATL/SAN 8pm ish flight many times. Schedules change often:
7:59 pm departure: full dinner
8:01 pm departure: snack from basket
Old May 19, 2016, 9:22 am
SLL

Programs: DL-Gold Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by vgb2001
I've been on the ATL/SAN 8pm ish flight many times. Schedules change often:
7:59 pm departure: full dinner
8:01 pm departure: snack from basket
Yup but Departing 11:01 PM (local time) i'm sure is after the cutoff between sandwich and Nothing.
Old May 19, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by SLL
Yup but Departing 11:01 PM (local time) i'm sure is after the cutoff between sandwich and Nothing.
You would hope for an "enhanced" snack basket, but I'm not sure you even get that. Others might have recent experience.
Old May 19, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Interesting data point. Do you recall if the itinerary showed "refreshments" as well?
Old May 19, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: Delta PM
Interesting data point. Do you recall if the itinerary showed "refreshments" as well?
Just took a closer look, the DTW-LAS leg actually shows "snack" whereas the first flight PWM-DTW is "refreshments." Perhaps snack = cold sandwich?
Old May 19, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Just took a closer look, the DTW-LAS leg actually shows "snack" whereas the first flight PWM-DTW is "refreshments." Perhaps snack = cold sandwich?
It's actually a hot sandwich, but yes.

In Delta.com's meal-service parlance, "snack" indicates a single-option, light, hot meal. It's typically a sandwich with chips, fruit, and a packaged dessert. The "snack" is mostly served on 1,500+ mile flights departing between 8:00 and 9:00 p.m., but also on a number of long, late-night routes such as ANC-MSP, OGG-LAX, LIH-LAX, etc.

"Refreshments," on the other hand, indicates beverage and snack basket service only.
Old May 19, 2016, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113
The "snack" is mostly served on 1,500+ mile flights departing between 8:00 and 9:00 p.m..
"Snack" is also used to describe the meal service for the short haul shuttle flights that don't get full meal service, such as the Luvo snacks on the SFO-LAX route.
Old May 21, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
DL2499 LAX-DTW
B767-300
May 2016
First Class

Lunch

Choice of chilled Asian beef salad or chicken quesadillas.

Meal orders taken back-to-front by a friendly crew, although no PDB service was provided. Snack basket offered 45 minutes prior to landing. F seat pitch and width are laughably bad on the 763, but hard to complain too much about a free upgrade given I'm batting about 20% this year as a DL Plat.

Name:  20160517_133739_zpsm0gc0hcf.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  208.1 KB
Old May 22, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Any recent reports on SEA-KOA? Or even SEA-OGG/HNL? I know it's your standard domestic fare, just looking for examples. My upgrade just cleared for this week.

Also, is the BOB menu the regular BOB or the Hawaii EATS menu? I couldn't tell if Hawaii EATS was just for MSP/ATL/JFK-HNL, or if it covered all Hawaii routes. Part of our party is traveling in Y.
Old May 22, 2016, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Also, is the BOB menu the regular BOB or the Hawaii EATS menu? I couldn't tell if Hawaii EATS was just for MSP/ATL/JFK-HNL, or if it covered all Hawaii routes. Part of our party is traveling in Y.
The Hawaii eats menu is only for the long hauls (MSP/ATL/JFK), because, for some reason, Delta thinks its OK to run 8+ hour flights and not serve a meal. If flying in coach on any DL flight to Hawaii (including 5 hour runs from the west coast) I would bring my own food.
Old May 22, 2016, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
DL 2433
MD-88
Depart 0935
Arrive 1243

Full open bar for PDB

Once in the air multi drinks runs and snack basket, so on this trip it was DL and AA and it seems that they serve roughly the same things in the snack basket, would have been nice to have breakfast items in the basket.

Also would be nice if the power ports on these planes had USB ports... But did enjoy the free wifi for the IFE.
Old May 22, 2016, 5:38 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
CDG-SEA May 2016:
Settling In

Lemongrass Prawns
with fennel mango salad and sriracha mango coulis

Starters

Radicchio and Rocket Salad
with strawberries, roquefort cheese, spicy pretzel croutons and olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette

Red Lentil Soup
with lime and cilantro cream

Main Course

Poached Cod
topped with a creamy saffron broth served with sautéed spinach, turned carrots and steamed potatoes

Iberico Pork Tenderloin
with a mustard and apricot glaze, black quinoa and Guernica peppers

Corn-Fed Chicken Breast
with polenta cake, anise, creamed spring peas and baby carrots

Caprese Ravioli
with yogurt and spring pea sauce and sun-dried tomatoes

Desserts

Vanilla Ice Cream Sundae
with your choice of sauces and whipped cream

Chocolate Ganache
with yogurt

Selection of Fine Cheeses
morbier, cantal and pave d’affinois offered with fresh fruit and onion jam

Snacks

Skybreak Basket
A variety of sweet and savory snacks will be available for your enjoyment

Mid-Flight Snack
Warm Chocolate Chip Cookie Service

Almost There
Lobster Sliders
with lettuce, tomato and pickles served with mixed green salad

Fattoush Salad
with grilled chicken, pita chips and lemon wedge serve with fresh seasonal fruit

Wine
Whites
Stuhlmuller Chardonnay Reserve 2013
Domaine des Baumard Savenniéres 2013

Reds
Charmes de Kirwan 2012
Bernadus Estate Pinot Noir 2012

Dessert Wine and Port
Banfi Rosa Regale Bracherto d’Acqui
Ferreira Dona Antonia Tawny Porto

Champagne
Pol Roger Brut Champagne
Old May 22, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Ugh, opted for a "chicken fajita salad" on MCO-LGA. Blah Salas with no dressing per se. Greens, yellow/red peppers, mushrooms, chicken breast. Some sort of goo with pepper/spices on the side. Not a fan.

I avoided the meatball thing, due to it being very space in the past. They have apparently improved that one adding spinach and feta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.