Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Skyclub doors at MKE open out, so you have to stand back and wait before you enter.
puck021, synergistic and scog like this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Can't believe how DL can't get their equipment right. I sit down in my F seat and they offer a PDB, and I request wine.

And they say they can't serve it because they don't have a corkscrew to open the bottle with.

The FA even goes to the plane at the gate next door and they don't have a corkscrew either!

Does DL not understand the importance of corkscrews?! smh
KenTarmac likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Last week at a SkyTeam partner check-in counter I was scolded for not using the SkyTeam Elite counter. I told the agent I was traveling with my wife on separate tickets and we wanted to stick together. She told me to make sure I used the Elite security lane and that they would let my wife through with me. They did not let my wife through with me.
puck021, strickerj and scog like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:16 am
HMO

Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity
Last week at a SkyTeam partner check-in counter I was scolded for not using the SkyTeam Elite counter. I told the agent I was traveling with my wife on separate tickets and we wanted to stick together. She told me to make sure I used the Elite security lane and that they would let my wife through with me. They did not let my wife through with me.
Consistency at its finest...
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by AquaDyne
Can't believe how DL can't get their equipment right. I sit down in my F seat and they offer a PDB, and I request wine.

And they say they can't serve it because they don't have a corkscrew to open the bottle with.

The FA even goes to the plane at the gate next door and they don't have a corkscrew either!

DL figures if they screw you enough in other ways that the corks should just come out for you on their own?
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AquaDyne

Are you whining about a wineless flight, or did the FA find a corkscrew up in the air?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:32 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I had to call Delta a few days ago, and the agent answered the phone:

"Thank you for calling the Delta PLATINUM Medallion line, can I help you?"

Jeeeeez! They really know how to make you feel bad! . . . .

This was the first time I had to call since I dropped from the glamour and glory of Diamond status. Couldn't they have been a little passionate and a little more soothing for the first phone call?!?!?

puck021, strickerj and TheHorta like this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:57 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by davetravels

Dave, you know you'll always be Diamond in our hearts
davetravels likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K

This was the first time I had to call since I dropped from the glamour and glory of Diamond status. Couldn't they have been a little passionate and a little more soothing for the first phone call?!?!?

hopefully the phone agent acknowledged your 2MM status ...
davetravels likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: DL PM, HHD, MG
Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity
Ha, I was at a KLM check-in counter checking in for a DL metal DL res flight, they wouldn't put priority tags on my wife's bag (who was on the same res), nor would they give her Skypriority security either...Her Delta app electronic boarding pass was tagged SP....I made them retag the bag in my name just out of spite!
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:00 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Zorak
Dave, you know you'll always be Diamond in our hearts
Thanx. That's very thoughtful. . . .

To do a parody on the old expression - - - "That, and a nickel will get you a cuppa coffee" . . . . .

That and $59 will get me entrance to a SkyClub!

Originally Posted by jrl767

hopefully the phone agent acknowledged your 2MM status ...
Hmmmmmm 🤔🤔🤔 I'll hafto think about it! I may hafto complain to Marketing!
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I’ve noticed that DL staff (PM line, GAs, counter agents, and FAs) tend to acknowledge current status — for other pax as well as myself — probably >90% of the time, but mention of any level of MM status is a lot less frequent (maybe ~10-15%)
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

The good news is that you'll get Chosholm. Yay iron range.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
I’m in 16f today and the passenger keeps shutting the shade that’s almost entirely at my side. I decided to recline to definitely “own” the shade and she reached up again.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: skyteam
when other passengers in business take more than one snack from the snack basket before the remaining passengers in the cabin even have a chance to take one.
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.