Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by marcworld
A, I hate when they speak at all. There is literally nothing they can say that is actionable or I can't figure out myself with my phone or the seat screens..
I actually don't mind them giving status updates when operations is in 'load and hold' mode for Ye Olde Outstatione due to air traffic over Atlanta. Give me a heads up if I need to stop playing Candy Crush and worry about possibly having to rebook a tight connection.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I actually don't mind them giving status updates when operations is in 'load and hold' mode for Ye Olde Outstatione due to air traffic over Atlanta. Give me a heads up if I need to stop playing Candy Crush and worry about possibly having to rebook a tight connection.
Same here out of PNS. Can count on two fingers how many times we didn't have to hold for ATC clearance to ATL out of Pensacola. It is just a given now.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by blagger
Or when you depart late and they promise to try and make up time en route. Will the pedal faster? Lean forward in their seat? Pray?
No kidding, I mean I would prefer they take their time and do things properly. Rushing causes mistakes...
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My hotel displays airport flight status but doesn't include DL flights. It's strange as I first suspected that today's version of my flight was cancelled, but on delta.dumb, flight status says on time. Then I looked further and discovered that no DL flights are on the list.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:33 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
They’re still using cocktail napkins in-flight that are Santa themed on Jan 18th
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
They’re still using cocktail napkins in-flight that are Santa themed on Jan 18th
......and those red and green stripes are ugly.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:00 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Why do GAs always assume I'm a nonrev when I ask about standby? I guess it's the words I use? I asked if there was any available standby space and the GA said "for nonrev?"

On the plus side they did clear me into the last available seat (E75 SEA-SFO so whatever, any seat is fine) -- thus I made a 20-minute I-D connection ^

But not the first time a GA has either explicitly said, or from the following conversation strongly implied, the nonrev assumption.

(NTTAWWT, nonrevs are people too! Unless they Shena our upgrades and then they can burn in hell )
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:50 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Zorak
Why do GAs always assume I'm a nonrev when I ask about standby?
I had this EXACT same thing - - on RNO/SLC, a few years ago.

As it was getting closer and closer to departure time and I was still waiting for a seat, I asked the GA several times (VERY NICELY), what my status was, and, he mumbled something about non-revs. Finally, the last time, he said something like . . . .

You non-revs want EVERYTHING . . . or something like that. I said - I'm NOT a non-rev! He looked at me like I was CRAYZEE, and handed me a BP for a middle seat and said - - - "Are you happy now"?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:55 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by davetravels
He looked at me like I was CRAYZEE, and handed me a BP for a middle seat and said - - - "Are you happy now"?
Well, don't leave us in suspense, were you?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Zorak
Well, don't leave us in suspense, were you?
Crayzee . . . or happy?!?

Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:58 pm

Crayzee . . . or happy?!?

Often indistinguishable.....
NotHamSarnie likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Often indistinguishable.....
Have we met?!?!?!?!?

Qwkynuf likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Have we met?!?!?!?!?

beat me to it ...
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:13 pm

I had this EXACT same thing - - on RNO/SLC, a few years ago.

As it was getting closer and closer to departure time and I was still waiting for a seat, I asked the GA several times (VERY NICELY), what my status was, and, he mumbled something about non-revs. Finally, the last time, he said something like . . . .

You non-revs want EVERYTHING . . . or something like that. I said - I'm NOT a non-rev! He looked at me like I was CRAYZEE, and handed me a BP for a middle seat and said - - - "Are you happy now"?
Did you get the middle seat out of spite?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Did you get the middle seat out of spite?
Hard to say. Probably not. It was VERY full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.