Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Ok FT-ers, you tell me I of this is pathetic to complain about.

Flew DEN-SEA in F. Departure 715pm - so departure time and flight distance are within the slot for meals per DL T&C. Even PNR on app and online says meal service is dinner.

So I skip the SC and skip getting food at the airport. To my surprise after takeoff FA comes around with the most pathetic snack basket that I have seen.

I ask about a meal and she apologizes and said the catering company was changed.

I didn't pay for F but given I was UG'd I didn't get food at the airport. Now I'm hungry. Should I complain?
I would complain if it listed a meal and you got none. I'd expect at least some SM funny money. Also is the flight long enough for meal service? I know 900 miles is the cutoff, but don't know if it's statue miles or nautical.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
@Gigglypug --
at least you're on tonight's flight ✈️ ... just sayin' ...
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:40 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/3.4 MM, DLAmex Plat, PC Plat, MR Gold, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite, Hertz Gold 5*
The sinks in the front lav on 75s are too small!
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by kop84
And Van Halen only added the M&M rider to ensure that the venue had really read their contract, as they had a lot of dangerous pyrotechnics and a complicated stage set up. If the venue was not detail orientated enough to notice the M&M's they probably aren't detail orientated enough to ensure their safety.
I used to manage a couple different arenas and a stadium. I'd say that the majority of items in the riders for major talent were just to make sure we read the thing.

As we had many sponsorship contracts of our own and other general limitations as to what we could do, we would just strike out most of them and send the contract back. Rarely was a problem, though one time we had an artist who held very firm to the request for 99 clean, white bath towels in his green room prior to the show.

As for the water, Dasani is basically filtered Atlanta tap water, so I rather enjoy having it when away from home. Mrs. Lee claims she knows the difference between SmartWater and others. I've found that I don't care for the taste of Deer Park and Evian. Deer Park seems to have some kind of sulfur taste going on (similar to tap water in Florida or the gulf coast), and that "silky" taste of Evian isn't appealing to me.

That said - if I'm thirsty and you put any of those bottles in front of me, I'll drink it. The differences are minute, but they are there IMO.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SW A List, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum United 1K
Originally Posted by jrl767
@Gigglypug --
at least you're on tonight's flight ✈️ ... just sayin' ...
@jrl767 yep, hence the "random and pathetic" category...otherwise this would fully legit, of course 😄

Also, flying MSP-SNA again next Friday.. I asked Grumpy Santa, and yes, he'll be delighting us with his underwhelming service again 🙄
Old Sep 16, 2016, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
I used to manage a couple different arenas and a stadium. I'd say that the majority of items in the riders for major talent were just to make sure we read the thing.

As we had many sponsorship contracts of our own and other general limitations as to what we could do, we would just strike out most of them and send the contract back. Rarely was a problem, though one time we had an artist who held very firm to the request for 99 clean, white bath towels in his green room prior to the show.
You must have the some very interesting stories, but that's more OMNI territory!
Old Sep 16, 2016, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by kop84
You must have the some very interesting stories, but that's more OMNI territory!
Lol - definitely! It was many years ago, but there are definitely some highlights that stand out. Was a fun gig, for sure.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital

Impresario is a minor part of my job, and I've noticed that agents and managers sometimes insert riders that the talent doesn't care about. One contract came with a long list of snacks and beverages to be placed in the artists' dressing rooms. The artists didn't want any of them.

As for the water, Dasani is basically filtered Atlanta tap water, so I rather enjoy having it when away from home. Mrs. Lee claims she knows the difference between SmartWater and others. I've found that I don't care for the taste of Deer Park and Evian. Deer Park seems to have some kind of sulfur taste going on (similar to tap water in Florida or the gulf coast), and that "silky" taste of Evian isn't appealing to me.
Most brands of filtered municipal water taste the same to me, but I notice differences in spring water. Saratoga--I live in New York State--is especially distinctive (and expensive).
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:02 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by TurfGuy
the 739 ones are barely a sliver of a fixture.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
ATL-FLL on a refurbed 757-200.
Clogged sink in mid cabin lav and it was so full I was afraid to wash my hands.

Last edited by apodo77; Sep 16, 2016 at 11:49 pm
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:33 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
are you doing laundry on the plane?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:58 am

ALL airplane sinks are too small for those of us with large hands. Donald Trump must have designed them
Old Sep 16, 2016, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by The Situation
ALL airplane sinks are too small for those of us with large hands. Donald Trump must have designed them
One of the few pluses on MU is their J seats and J/F bathrooms. They're huge and the sink is full size, not the mini metal bowel. The J/F lav are kept clean. Y not so much. Luckily I can say Id never fly MU in Y.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
One of the few pluses on MU is their J seats and J/F bathrooms. They're huge and the sink is full size, not the mini metal bowel. The J/F lav are kept clean. Y not so much. Luckily I can say Id never fly MU in Y.
Other than the horribly placed IFE remote and power plug, I actually really enjoyed my one MU flight (on the 330 with 2-2-2 seats in J), but I didn't notice anything special about the lavs. And, this was just following a DL 744 flight with the tiny UD lavs.

OTOH, I did very much notice the larger lav on the 777, in between the two J cabins. I could actually change in/out of my PJs without having to wedge my back up against a wall.

Side note: FA on the MU flight dumped an entire tray of PDBs in the aisle during boarding - she clipped the my seat shell with her tray after serving me an OJ. It was just an accident and she looked horrified, but I was impressed by how the rest of the cabin crew in the area swarmed around it and had everything cleaned up in less than a minute. I'm sure reactions would have been different if she'd spilled any of the drinks on me or another pax, but luckily they all fell into the aisle.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Yes, the 777 is what I was meaning. They're brand new and have the new 1-2-1 DL A330 style seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.