Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Random Brag Tag Question

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by puddinhead
I keep an old SM tag on mine. Mostly to annoy DM's who see me sitting in FC and assume I stole their UG.

Without any identifying info (DL used to put the FF barcode on the tag) they are useless if one misplaces their bag.
+1000

I also use a TWA Ambassador Club tag that has name & address info.
Old May 19, 2016, 6:56 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
The ONLY tag I have EVER put on has been my current Diamond tag. I have it on my brief case and my carry on luggage.

Agreed: it has zero benefit as far as identification goes. It would be nice to have a bar code or something on it.

However, I am generally conflict adverse in the airport(I've outgrown my head strong ways) so when the boarding CHAOS begins, I like to have it kind of visible just so I don't get any stares and look like i belong there. Once Im on the plane, I could care less if its seen or not.

I fly a lot in and out of SFO and LAX and have almost seen hands thrown during the boarding process. No thanks!! just get me on the plane and I am a happy camper.
Old May 20, 2016, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I like to board in Zone 8, that is the when everyone else has boarded, and they are about to close the doors I get on.

I never understood (save for carry on luggage) why people want to rush the plane to just sit cramped in.
Old May 20, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by vincentharris
I like to board in Zone 8, that is the when everyone else has boarded, and they are about to close the doors I get on.

I never understood (save for carry on luggage) why people want to rush the plane to just sit cramped in.
I am checking bags more and more often. It is nice to wait and be the last on - even up front.

Now that we are coming into warmer months - at least they have generally turned on the APU by that point and it is cooler. I hate the Delta sauna sit until we get to the end of boarding.
Old May 20, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle

Totally agree about the checked baggage. Carry on makes things quicker on the arrival end. I just go right to the rental car or taxi area. When we fly personally, we usually check all our luggage, thus avoiding the need to board early.
Old May 20, 2016, 12:42 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC

+1

Except for the occassional seat squatter who tries to grab my aisle seat when only windows are available for UG.

It is better to sit in a lounge and get on with no line.

Last edited by puddinhead; May 21, 2016 at 11:35 pm
Old May 20, 2016, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by keonjee
Hey folks,

I will be hitting PM for the first time on my next flight. With Delta taking away brag tags for GMs, this is the first time I will be receiving them. Just had a quick question on when Delta sends these out. Should I expect to receive it 4-6 weeks after hitting my status? Also, am I correct that Delta will send it out again once the new calendar year starts?

Thanks in advance.
still waiting for mine from 2014 and 2015
Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by squatch
still waiting for mine from 2014 and 2015
Well if you hadnt got it yet, feel free to use the one in this post. Sadly you have to laminate it though......
Old Jun 16, 2017, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by bubbashow
THANK YOU! I have honestly never understood the point except to satisfy frail egos.
I agree...

I'm in a VERY Delta-centric community in "Atlanta" where I recently found out i'm well on my way to whatever the heck Delta 360 thing. If they send me anything i'll leave it at the Publix and see if it ever pops up.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 2:48 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Ski18
If they send me anything i'll leave it at the Publix and see if it ever pops up.
There'z'a market for some of that stuff on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...g+tag&_sacat=0
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold

They are bitten by gate lice and got infected. You are not infected by the gate lice virus you wouldn't understand.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
HAHA NICE!!!!

I do the same thing, and I also have this one on my bag too.

Attachment 11539
LOL....8675309...showing your age (as am I for knowing it).
Old Jun 17, 2017, 5:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ross123
If you don't get one then PM me. I have a bunch of DM tags that are sitting in a drawer. they don't have a name or number on them but I can send you one. I use the United Gold tag on my bag as you can print you name/phone on the bag of it - much more useful to me.
Sell them on eBay, apparently people will pay a small fortune for them.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
LOL....8675309...showing your age (as am I for knowing it).
Lol. Yeah, no kidding. It took a solid five minutes for that one to sink in for me.
​​​
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: FB Gold
If you really want to annoy those people into thinking you stole their UG, I have some Flying Blue Silver and Gold tags I would be more than happy to swap with a Delta brag tag to give my bag more of a DYKWBIA look :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.