FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Random Brag Tag Question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1766760-random-brag-tag-question.html)

keonjee May 18, 2016 2:15 pm

Random Brag Tag Question

Hey folks,

I will be hitting PM for the first time on my next flight. With Delta taking away brag tags for GMs, this is the first time I will be receiving them. Just had a quick question on when Delta sends these out. Should I expect to receive it 4-6 weeks after hitting my status? Also, am I correct that Delta will send it out again once the new calendar year starts?

Thanks in advance.

mnbp May 18, 2016 2:37 pm

You should expect your tags sometime between "two weeks" and "never". DL's fulfillment process for medallion credentials is anything but consistent.

ColonelForbin May 18, 2016 3:00 pm

I hit PM on December 31st of last year. I received my medallion card and tags last week.

EditingFX May 18, 2016 3:38 pm

Tangential: "might" PM/DM get new tags each time they gain each status for the next year? Or just one set/year?

youvesaiditall May 18, 2016 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by EditingFX (Post 26646526)
Tangential: "might" PM/DM get new tags each time they gain each status for the next year? Or just one set/year?

Last year was my first year getting Diamond and I did receive both PM and DM tags.

ross123 May 19, 2016 8:17 am

Originally Posted by keonjee (Post 26646084)
Hey folks,

I will be hitting PM for the first time on my next flight. With Delta taking away brag tags for GMs, this is the first time I will be receiving them. Just had a quick question on when Delta sends these out. Should I expect to receive it 4-6 weeks after hitting my status? Also, am I correct that Delta will send it out again once the new calendar year starts?

Thanks in advance.

If you don't get one then PM me. I have a bunch of DM tags that are sitting in a drawer. they don't have a name or number on them but I can send you one. I use the United Gold tag on my bag as you can print you name/phone on the bag of it - much more useful to me.

puddinhead May 19, 2016 8:36 am

I keep an old SM tag on mine. Mostly to annoy DM's who see me sitting in FC and assume I stole their UG.

Without any identifying info (DL used to put the FF barcode on the tag) they are useless if one misplaces their bag.

bubbashow May 19, 2016 8:54 am

Originally Posted by puddinhead (Post 26649998)
Without any identifying info (DL used to put the FF barcode on the tag) they are useless if one misplaces their bag.

THANK YOU! I have honestly never understood the point except to satisfy frail egos.

EditingFX May 19, 2016 10:29 am

The metal ones are rather nice in that they can take a lot of abuse. I write my email/phone on them w/ ultra-perm Sharpie.

pvn May 19, 2016 10:43 am

I keep an old SM tag on mine. Mostly to annoy DM's who see me sitting in FC and assume I stole their UG.

hahahah, excellent

spamkiller May 19, 2016 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by bubbashow (Post 26650086)
THANK YOU! I have honestly never understood the point except to satisfy frail egos.

I find it helps when in the Sky Priority line, I don't have to explain it to the people who Don't Know Who I Am.

vincentharris May 19, 2016 3:39 pm

1 Attachment(s)

HAHA NICE!!!!

I do the same thing, and I also have this one on my bag too.

Attachment 11539

Bradhattan May 19, 2016 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by keonjee (Post 26646084)
Hey folks,

Thanks in advance.

Bradhattan May 19, 2016 4:32 pm

I will send you my old FO (yes there was a time they sent those out), my GM and PM.....they look brand new as I never was vain enough to use them. If I could only remember where they are.....lol.

xolinlevh May 19, 2016 5:23 pm

:D:D:D glad im not the only one