Random Brag Tag Question

Old May 18, 2016, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - PM, United - Gold, Marriott - Platinum, Hyatt - Diamond
Random Brag Tag Question

Hey folks,

I will be hitting PM for the first time on my next flight. With Delta taking away brag tags for GMs, this is the first time I will be receiving them. Just had a quick question on when Delta sends these out. Should I expect to receive it 4-6 weeks after hitting my status? Also, am I correct that Delta will send it out again once the new calendar year starts?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 18, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
You should expect your tags sometime between "two weeks" and "never". DL's fulfillment process for medallion credentials is anything but consistent.
Old May 18, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL PM
I hit PM on December 31st of last year. I received my medallion card and tags last week.
Old May 18, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Tangential: "might" PM/DM get new tags each time they gain each status for the next year? Or just one set/year?
Old May 18, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by EditingFX
Tangential: "might" PM/DM get new tags each time they gain each status for the next year? Or just one set/year?
Last year was my first year getting Diamond and I did receive both PM and DM tags.
Old May 19, 2016, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by keonjee
Hey folks,

I will be hitting PM for the first time on my next flight. With Delta taking away brag tags for GMs, this is the first time I will be receiving them. Just had a quick question on when Delta sends these out. Should I expect to receive it 4-6 weeks after hitting my status? Also, am I correct that Delta will send it out again once the new calendar year starts?

Thanks in advance.
If you don't get one then PM me. I have a bunch of DM tags that are sitting in a drawer. they don't have a name or number on them but I can send you one. I use the United Gold tag on my bag as you can print you name/phone on the bag of it - much more useful to me.
Old May 19, 2016, 8:36 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
I keep an old SM tag on mine. Mostly to annoy DM's who see me sitting in FC and assume I stole their UG.

Without any identifying info (DL used to put the FF barcode on the tag) they are useless if one misplaces their bag.
Old May 19, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by puddinhead
Without any identifying info (DL used to put the FF barcode on the tag) they are useless if one misplaces their bag.

THANK YOU! I have honestly never understood the point except to satisfy frail egos.
Old May 19, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
The metal ones are rather nice in that they can take a lot of abuse. I write my email/phone on them w/ ultra-perm Sharpie.
Old May 19, 2016, 10:43 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I keep an old SM tag on mine. Mostly to annoy DM's who see me sitting in FC and assume I stole their UG.
hahahah, excellent
Old May 19, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bubbashow
THANK YOU! I have honestly never understood the point except to satisfy frail egos.
I find it helps when in the Sky Priority line, I don't have to explain it to the people who Don't Know Who I Am.
Old May 19, 2016, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc

HAHA NICE!!!!

I do the same thing, and I also have this one on my bag too.

Name:  1zpr24g.jpg
Views: 3010
Size:  47.5 KB
Old May 19, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by keonjee
Hey folks,

Thanks in advance.
Old May 19, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
I will send you my old FO (yes there was a time they sent those out), my GM and PM.....they look brand new as I never was vain enough to use them. If I could only remember where they are.....lol.
Old May 19, 2016, 5:23 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
glad im not the only one

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.