Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:34 pm

I got the email for my flight to LHR later this week. Umm.. choices are pretty pathetic IMHO. What I need is a "try again" option Luckily since it's an 11 PM flight I was planning to skip meal service anyway.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
Delta’s various hubs and out stations offer a variety of meals, but may not have in stock EACH option on the list at all times. Substitutions are made to a more restrictive meal, when inventory requires it.
I have experienced this mistake when flying out of MSP, LAX, JFK and SFO. There have been reports of this exact problem out of ATL, AMS and other huge hubs. These are all major international hubs that certainly should have all of the special meal options stocked. There is a pattern that clearly points to a problem in their system.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
So again, are there any pics of the Diabetic Lunch & Dinners for long haul Domestic flights?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
So again, are there any pics of the Diabetic Lunch & Dinners for long haul Domestic flights?
There's a thread dedicated to this type of question here in forum. Can't remember name at moment. It has pictures.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
There is one for all meals, but anything for this type? On the AA forum, the Diabetic option is a popular choice, I just wondered how it was, on Delta?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
FA on my flight today showed me a note at the bottom of the manifest saying that they are having issues with the emails going to some people about the preorder meals. It said they are working on it and expect a fix in 10 days. This may be behins my total lack of emails on the subject.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Flying JFK to AMS on Friday in D1. No email yet. Any idea what options will be on this flight?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
There is one for all meals, but anything for this type? On the AA forum, the Diabetic option is a popular choice, I just wondered how it was, on Delta?
The thread I'm talking about should have a wiki at top which points to special meals with pics.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Got the e-mail for my LAX-ATL flight last week. Didn't get one for DTW-LAX on Sunday.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by flyerCO
The Chinese meal has always been selectable even before selecting main meal choices. Getting an email or not is no reason for not selecting it as a special meal choice.
Thanks, this was my first time flying Delta long-haul to Asia... have always just ordered off the menu on other carriers and had never encountered this issue (the pax sitting directly behind me actually made this very point to the FA). Most of the other passengers seemed surprised/bewildered, as well.

I just checked the Delta website, and see that, indeed, DeltaOne customers can pre-order Korean, Chinese, or Japanese meals between the U.S. and the corresponding countries-- independent of the email pre-select option. This is great info.

I'll try to pass this tip along to other pax next time I fly Delta. As I previously stated, the rest of the A350 was great...this was my first time to encounter this "short catering" issue.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Yes, ordering lacto-ovo veg got me a vegan meal. :/ I wish I would have gambled on the regular meals - the grilled shrimp salad (I do eat fish) sounded good!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by curl
Yes, ordering lacto-ovo veg got me a vegan meal. :/ I wish I would have gambled on the regular meals - the grilled shrimp salad (I do eat fish) sounded good!
Does any airline consistently deliver a lacto-ovo meal rather than a vegan meal?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by richarddd
Does any airline consistently deliver a lacto-ovo meal rather than a vegan meal?

Yes. And DL consistently did until a year ago.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Lufthansa Miles & More
Well first time I received the email. Night flight - LIM - ATL in Delta 1 - DL 150 - I suppose I will be commenting on how tasty, or not, the Croque Monsieur is...
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Have a JFK-BCN flight coming up this Saturday, no email yet. Hoping I'll get it for that one.

Strangely enough I did receive an email for a recent MSY-DTW flight for lunch selection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.