Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Credentials (2016)?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG PLT100, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nichojo
You're supposed to get a package for every level you qualify for?
I think you at least get one for every new level. The year before was only 50% travel, so I was GM from that year. I got another GM package when I re-qualified for 2016 GM (in 2015), but then I never got packages for my first time PM and first time DM.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BOSTransplant
I think you at least get one for every new level. The year before was only 50% travel, so I was GM from that year. I got another GM package when I re-qualified for 2016 GM (in 2015), but then I never got packages for my first time PM and first time DM.
I went from Silver to Gold three weeks ago and I should hit Platinum after return from BOM next week. My credentials may just be shipped together. 😀
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Completed PM challenge about 10 days ago, received credentials today. Surprisingly good turnaround time. ^
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by anon2k2
I went from Silver to Gold three weeks ago and I should hit Platinum after return from BOM next week. My credentials may just be shipped together. 😀
They don't send any for Gold anymore.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I still haven't gotten either my plat package or diamond package from last year. I qualified for plat in early September, then diamond in December. They definitely have my address, because I received a gold package at my current address.
They don't normally send out packages when you hit a level at the very end of the calendar year. Instead they wait and just send you the full package once the new benefit year starts in February.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG PLT100, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
They don't normally send out packages when you hit a level at the very end of the calendar year. Instead they wait and just send you the full package once the new benefit year starts in February.
Good to know. I'm at all worried about it, because I don't use bag tags, the drink coupons are on the app now, and I can virtually always plan my travel far enough in advance to get C+ anyway. The only time I wished I had gotten a packet was with an IRROPS situation in January. A DL employee in MSP went way above and beyond for me, so if I had a JWD cert, I would have handed it out. I didn't though, so I just mentioned the employee by name in my post-flight survey.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Good to know. I'm at all worried about it, because I don't use bag tags, the drink coupons are on the app now, and I can virtually always plan my travel far enough in advance to get C+ anyway. The only time I wished I had gotten a packet was with an IRROPS situation in January. A DL employee in MSP went way above and beyond for me, so if I had a JWD cert, I would have handed it out. I didn't though, so I just mentioned the employee by name in my post-flight survey.
When I don't have JWDs, I use the Contact Us link on DL.com and give the employee a shout out, making sure to include as much identifying info as I can (name, airport/flight #, etc.). I like to think that stuff somehow makes it through to them.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 4:58 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond
Still no DM credentials packet for me. Sent numerous emails to Delta and told three different answers...it was mailed February 12, takes 4 weeks...then by April 8th...now it takes 8-10 weeks. At this rate, it will be June. Anyone else not get theirs? Trying to understand why I am getting stalled by the Diamond Desk. At this point they can keep their stuff.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
When I don't have JWDs, I use the Contact Us link on DL.com and give the employee a shout out, making sure to include as much identifying info as I can (name, airport/flight #, etc.). I like to think that stuff somehow makes it through to them.
It does!
Old Apr 13, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by Widgets
It does!
Can you explain, even in vague details, how this does occur? I have experience continued declines in service at DL across the board, so when someone is doing a great job I want to acknowledge it. I don't always have JWD certs with me. Frankly, I've stop sending any comments to DL since it's become apparent that they don't really care. So if one sends a compliment, with details, via DL.com, does that really get routed appropriately, and what benefit does that provide the DL person (if you can provide even vague details)?
Old Apr 13, 2016, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Widgets
It does!
^^^
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Can you explain, even in vague details, how this does occur? I have experience continued declines in service at DL across the board, so when someone is doing a great job I want to acknowledge it. I don't always have JWD certs with me. Frankly, I've stop sending any comments to DL since it's become apparent that they don't really care. So if one sends a compliment, with details, via DL.com, does that really get routed appropriately, and what benefit does that provide the DL person (if you can provide even vague details)?
While not a direct answer to this, what happens depends entirely on who picks up your request. I've been trying to give a JWD cert to someone well deserving at DL for a while, but the person responding to the online request hadn't even bothered to read it and just gave some generic copy and paste and clearly didn't bother to pass it on. I tried again. Ignored for weeks. Tried again. Same thing. Clearly didn't bother to read it and pass it on.

So, does the deserving person get it or not really depends on how good...or not good (careless) is the person who picks up your request. Now the chances are that it won't be passed through, if my recent experiences are a guide (DL service levels have really hit a new low in 2016 - it just keeps on getting worse).

DL service levels have dramatically decreased many, many fold over the last few years. Until sometime in 2013 or may be even 2014, you could be sure that all JWD certs you want to pass on to, say, a res agent, later via e-mail will make it. That is no more so. Now you may need to try several times (the online equivalent of HUACA) until you get someone at DL who actually cares and bothers to read your request to do what you ask.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RealHJ
While not a direct answer to this, what happens depends entirely on who picks up your request. I've been trying to give a JWD cert to someone well deserving at DL for a while, but the person responding to the online request hadn't even bothered to read it and just gave some generic copy and paste and clearly didn't bother to pass it on. I tried again. Ignored for weeks. Tried again. Same thing. Clearly didn't bother to read it and pass it on.

So, does the deserving person get it or not really depends on how good...or not good (careless) is the person who picks up your request. Now the chances are that it won't be passed through, if my recent experiences are a guide (DL service levels have really hit a new low in 2016 - it just keeps on getting worse).

DL service levels have dramatically decreased many, many fold over the last few years. Until sometime in 2013 or may be even 2014, you could be sure that all JWD certs you want to pass on to, say, a res agent, later via e-mail will make it. That is no more so. Now you may need to try several times (the online equivalent of HUACA) until you get someone at DL who actually cares and bothers to read your request to do what you ask.
I've had the opposite experience. If I submit the webform with the "compliment" category, I always get a response within about a week. It's a form response, yes, but there's always some copy pasting of my actual feedback and a promise to get it to "the right people" in the ACS/IFS/etc. team.

Call me an optimist, but since I don't really have any way of knowing what happens from there, I'm going to let myself believe Widgets' version of things that these comments really do make it back somehow. I find I'm much happier about life that way.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 4:55 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Tmsmedic
Still no DM credentials packet for me. Sent numerous emails to Delta and told three different answers...it was mailed February 12, takes 4 weeks...then by April 8th...now it takes 8-10 weeks. At this rate, it will be June. Anyone else not get theirs? Trying to understand why I am getting stalled by the Diamond Desk. At this point they can keep their stuff.
Are you at an overseas home address as well? I was also told that my DM packet was sent out on February 12th. DL told me it takes 8 weeks for international mail, which I buy, but at some point I need to just consider it lost and have them try again, I guess.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Delta PM, Hertz PC
Drink Coupons

Random question and apologies if this has been answered somewhere - is there anyone else who still hasn't received their electronic drink coupons? And who should I contact about it? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.