Search

Medallion Credentials (2016)?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2016, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM
Question Medallion Credentials (2016)?

Hi All,

I was wondering if DL plans on sending out Medallion credentials with card, baggage tags, certs, etc. this year? There's always this talk about DL going digital, and I'm just wondering whether this is where DL is heading? Or, is DL sending out packets this year?

Anyone have any insight about this?
Old Jan 22, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Hi All,

I was wondering if DL plans on sending out Medallion credentials with card, baggage tags, certs, etc. this year? There's always this talk about DL going digital, and I'm just wondering whether this is where DL is heading? Or, is DL sending out packets this year?

Anyone have any insight about this?
I called about this last night (midnight pacific time) because I'm flying to Asia early Feb and my current physical DM card says it expires 1/16.

They basically said "the shipments are backed up" and that I wouldn't receive it in time for my trip. I was told to just bring the expired card with me instead.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
You should have current credentials on the phone app in my wallet.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
I got my Diamond package for this year a couple of weeks ago.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
Received my Platinum package a few weeks back.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 3:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Qualified for Gold in December, did not get a package at all.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Agent I spoke to said that they would start sending DMs out in early February, and would work their way down. I was told that I should expect my PM packet in early-mid March.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Medallion Credentials (2016)?

Your current card is in your Wallet in the app and can be added to Passbook/Wallet on your iPhone. Not sure if it can be done on an Android phone though.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 4:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
The problem is that I've found many Skyteam employees who don't recognize the digital card as valid.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by SDQBound
The problem is that I've found many Skyteam employees who don't recognize the digital card as valid.
Bingo. Trying to use either a digital card or an expired card may not work at a Skyteam lounge internationally; the only official way to get in is with a currently valid Medallion card if you're using status to enter. DL knew they were making this change over a year ago and should have planned accordingly to get the cards out on time.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
If you qualified for status in December you most likely won't get your packet until later this month. From what the person I talked to said it seems like the end of the year always puts the shipping on hold for a while.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SDQBound
Same experience here, they want to see the physical card. Of course I have the one in the app but it isn't particularly useful if the agents don't accept it.

Originally Posted by HonoraryOrange
If you qualified for status in December you most likely won't get your packet until later this month. From what the person I talked to said it seems like the end of the year always puts the shipping on hold for a while.
I requalified sometime back in August, still haven't gotten anything.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Funny. I remember when this happened:

The Medallion year traditionally begins March 1 each year to allow time for Medallion membership packages to be delivered. With the streamlined production of membership packages and the availability of digital SkyMiles and Medallion cards in the Fly Delta app, we are able to begin the Medallion year earlier. Starting in 2016, the Medallion year will begin February 1 and subsequently, the 2015 Medallion year will end on January 31, 2016.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM
Two experiences:

When I was in a partner lounge, the lounge attendant wanted to see a physical card. The guy in front of me didn't have his and he wasn't allowed in.

When I was in a third-party lounge with other elites from other airlines, the lounge agent wanted the card even though my ticket said STE+ and I had an invitation.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: delta dm
Havent recieved my package yet either

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.