FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Medallion Credentials (2016)?
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2016, 10:20 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by RealHJ
While not a direct answer to this, what happens depends entirely on who picks up your request. I've been trying to give a JWD cert to someone well deserving at DL for a while, but the person responding to the online request hadn't even bothered to read it and just gave some generic copy and paste and clearly didn't bother to pass it on. I tried again. Ignored for weeks. Tried again. Same thing. Clearly didn't bother to read it and pass it on.

So, does the deserving person get it or not really depends on how good...or not good (careless) is the person who picks up your request. Now the chances are that it won't be passed through, if my recent experiences are a guide (DL service levels have really hit a new low in 2016 - it just keeps on getting worse).

DL service levels have dramatically decreased many, many fold over the last few years. Until sometime in 2013 or may be even 2014, you could be sure that all JWD certs you want to pass on to, say, a res agent, later via e-mail will make it. That is no more so. Now you may need to try several times (the online equivalent of HUACA) until you get someone at DL who actually cares and bothers to read your request to do what you ask.
I've had the opposite experience. If I submit the webform with the "compliment" category, I always get a response within about a week. It's a form response, yes, but there's always some copy pasting of my actual feedback and a promise to get it to "the right people" in the ACS/IFS/etc. team.

Call me an optimist, but since I don't really have any way of knowing what happens from there, I'm going to let myself believe Widgets' version of things that these comments really do make it back somehow. I find I'm much happier about life that way.