Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Emotional Support Animals, Service Dogs and Comfort Pets: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emotional Support Animals, Service Dogs and Comfort Pets: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Do I see blood dripping from its neck?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Is this photo shopped? Since when can someone bring a full sized Tom on an commercial aircraft?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
LMAO! I would imagine that this turkey is better than some of the pax on many flight. That said, I do have to wonder...in the end oxygen masks were to descend from overhead do you secure your mask and then assist the turkey or do you assist the turkey and then yourself?

Also brings to the mind the need to proceed with caution when asking for a wild turkey on the rocks inflight.

Thank you folks...I'm here all week!
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott PE
There is no chance I would sit next to a turkey, even if it meant I was the one who got the boot.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I would prefer to sit next to that thing as opposed to most of the butterballs I am generally stuck with...
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I would prefer to sit next to that thing as opposed to most of the butterballs I am generally stuck with...
Well played sir ^
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Let me apologize before I even say it,

Unless it gobbles up all the Woodford!!!!

Let me apologize again, I couldn't help myself.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
kop... many others WANTED to say that but were too CHICKEN. OMG, I had to....................... seriously, I would have snarfed if they'd served a hot open-faced turkey sandwich in FC.....
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This thread is being overrun by folks with a fowl sense of humor.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From DL:
Emotional Support Animals and Psychiatric Service Animals

Delta complies with the Air Carrier Access Act by allowing customers traveling with emotional support animals or psychiatric service animals to travel without charge with the following conditions:

Acceptance Guidelines

May or may not be trained to perform observable functions. However, the animal must be trained to behave properly in public settings as service animals do.
WRT to training of service animals:
Under most circumstances, we do not require passengers using trained service animals to provide additional documentation. However, it is expected that a service animal behave in public and follow the direction of its owner. In the rare event the animal doesn’t behave, we may ask you additional questions about the training of your animal.
How does one train a turkey?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
This thread is being overrun by folks with a fowl sense of humor.
Take 'er easy there Pilgrim.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
To quote Les Nessman, "As God is my witness," it's a turkey named Easter. A DL FA friend recently posted a pic of a turkey on a DL flight (she wasn't working it) and another DL friend asked if it was Easter because she had seen pics of the turkey on other flights.

https://www.facebook.com/TheEasterTurkey/

A sampling from the page...shows pics of the bird w the holiday ribbon as in the OP's pics.
The Easter Turkey Files added 6 new photos.
December 27, 2015 at 5:03pm ·
Made it home safely in Seattle! Easter was a sweetheart as usual. She quietly sat in my lap while I chatted with a couple of great ladies next to us.
The airline pilots and attendants loved her. She even got a pair of little wings for flying so well. Thanks, Delta!

The wonder Easter brought to travelers was such a bonus of having her with me on a trip that was great but emotionally strenuous as well.
Nice being home and seeing so many different races/types of people and of trees.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: National ES
Thumbs down So the turkey is actually an unusual pet. She even said so... on FB.

"Apparently, the plausibility of writing a book about having an unusual pet is doable. I wonder, would it be something that would interest readers? Perhaps young adults? I know I loved reading books about zoo keepers raising baby animals and surviving with pets like in Jack London books.

Too bad I haven't kept very good track of all the doings of our adventures. How does one even begin?"
Old Jan 11, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: WN A+, DL nobody, HH Dia, National EE
Originally Posted by WWads
I can't....
I agree.......I'm at a loss for words
Old Jan 11, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; IC Plat; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
To quote Les Nessman, "As God is my witness," it's a turkey named Easter. A DL FA friend recently posted a pic of a turkey on a DL flight (she wasn't working it) and another DL friend asked if it was Easter because she had seen pics of the turkey on other flights.

https://www.facebook.com/TheEasterTurkey/[/I]
We flew from SEA to SLC with Easter on Dec. 23. I must admit to having been amused and entertained. It was particularly interesting to see how Easter navigated the airport - in a wheelchair. Those of you inclined to carefully review her Facebook page will see for yourselves.

Last edited by ctbjr1309; Jan 12, 2016 at 8:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.