Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Emotional Support Animals, Service Dogs and Comfort Pets: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emotional Support Animals, Service Dogs and Comfort Pets: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Why are emotional support animals allowed to travel for free on all DL flights while emotional support lap-children are not allowed to travel for free on all DL?
I have the same question about emotional support lingerie models.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I'll support that as long as I can take my emotional support twinkie. (And I'm not talking about the food )
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
People over two years of age are required to have their own seat by the USG. People under two years of age and emotional support dogs aren't require by the USG to have their own seat.

Surely, unless talking about an inanimate mannequin, your emotional support lingerie models are well over two years old. So they need their own seat. But that made-yesterday inanimate mannequin/blowup doll may be a form of emotional support for some, right?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: QMiles,Delta, United, Miles & More, AA, Avis, Hertz, National, SPG, Le Club Accorhotels
Wow.. This thread went south.......
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
I was just discussing the other day about how to get an emotional support manatee on board. They are very calming to me. (and probably could rock a Hawaiian shirt and some sunglasses and we'd be indistinguishable from one another.)
Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Just note that the manatee is a very heavy critter so best avoid trying to get one on a small regional jet because of weight and balance restrictions. Laws of physics as applied to aircraft safety still trump the laws of the land.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by james318
I was just discussing the other day about how to get an emotional support manatee on board. They are very calming to me. (and probably could rock a Hawaiian shirt and some sunglasses and we'd be indistinguishable from one another.)
The TSA regulations against harmless water being transported by ordinary passengers at the screening checkpoint may interfere with the health and comfort of the transported sea-cow in the passenger cabin.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:59 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
The TSA regulations against harmless water being transported by ordinary passengers at the screening checkpoint may interfere with the health and comfort of the transported sea-cow in the passenger cabin.
Claim the seawater is medically required for the manatee
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
The government is always messing with my God-given right to fly with an emotional support sea-cow (again, wearing a saucy Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses).

I should write to congress on this matter.

Originally Posted by puddinhead
Claim the seawater is medically required for the manatee
Now there is some thinking!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
from poodle to puddle ...
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jrl767
from poodle to puddle ...
..... to piddle packs for the animals in the passenger cabin.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: AS, AA, WN
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
"Hair" and "fur" are the same thing, chemically. The distinction seems to lie in what kind of mammal it happens to be growing on. When it grows on a dog, we call it fur.

Here is one of many links I came across with minimal searching: http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...difference-be/.

I find it amusing (in a sad way) that a single individual can prevent peanuts from being served *anywhere* on an aircraft, but we can summarily dismiss someone's dog allergy simply by saying that "You're not allergic to *my* dog."
I was forced to be re-accommodated (and seriously inconvenienced) in the past when someone was traveling with their pet dog in the cabin. I've been taken to the ER my allergy to dogs is so severe. But sure, to hell with everyone else because you can't leave little Fluffy at home when you go on vacation? Then don't go on vacation.

Please note that I would have no problem switching flights if a TRUE service/support dog was booked on the same flight as me.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
It's not nice to refer to posterS like that. lol
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyerCO
It's not nice to refer to posterS like that. lol
Manatees are known as sea-cows. Here are some sea cow posters: http://www.zazzle.com/sea+cow+posters
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Can I bring my emotional support pooka?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.