Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bowgie
Delta Comfort+ FAQs
Delta Comfort+ - A New Domestic Branded Fare Product

Summary (effective November 14, 2015, for travel on or after May 16, 2016, in the U.S.50 and Canada):

No selecting C+ seats at time of booking. Eligible pax must request a C+ upgrade by checking the box in the UPGRADE REQUEST section or calling Delta. If upgrade inventory is available, DM and PM may clear after booking. If upgrade inventory is not available, you will remain in your C- seat until such time that DL either releases inventory, or it goes to the airport for gate upgrade.

GM and FO window remains the same at T-72 and T-24 hrs respectively.

Upgrades may automatically place you in any C+ seat, including middle.

F and C+ are separate checkboxes, so you can request an F upgrade without requesting a C+ upgrade. "Double upgrades" from Y to C+ followed by C+ to F are possible.

In your My Delta Preferences page there is a new box where you can choose the default setting for 1st class upgrades and C+ upgrade preferences.

Pax with a companion will be ranked for a C+ upgrade according to the highest level... ie a DM + general member companion in the same PNR will clear after booking..

Maximum of 1 companion may request a C+ upgrade. Per DL FAQ: "If you have three or more passengers in your reservation, all passengers in the reservation must have Medallion status in order for any passengers to be eligible for Delta Comfort+."

Amex Companion Cert flyers are eligible for C+ upgrades.

To "downgrade" to C- seats (exit, other preferred seats) you must call Delta.

Complimentary upgrades to C+, once on board the aircraft, are not allowed regardless of status.

C+ currently not available with corporate discounts, because C+ currently uses ticket designator /WCOM and corporate discounts also use ticket designators. A fare code can only have one ticket designator. This limitation is apparently temporary.

So far Delta is saying this does not impact upgrades to F.

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I have two separate flights on May 16, on two separate itineraries. As a PL, I was able to choose C+ seats shortly after booking months ago, by going through the new rigamarole... Today I was notified of upgrades to F on both itineraries, at the upgrade window. So for those who were wondering if a "double upgrade" can happen, yes, it can.
Print Wikipost

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Peatisback
On delta.com my waitlisted RUC segments now show no indication of the RUC. On the app they show as 'medallion upgrade requested'. Though the agents see the RUC, it would be nice if it were visible as before.
Look at the seating chart. Mine still says Upgrade Unavailable (it's a tcon) but it shows the seating chart twice, once with my Y seat and once with "you can only view seats".
Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Car Executive
"Manage Upgrades"

On my iPhone app tonight still shows Medallion Upgrade Requested for my flight home next week. My outbound confirmed RP/OP upgrade is still fine for BOS-JFK-LAX.

Last edited by mfFrom35K; Nov 12, 2015 at 8:45 pm
Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Isn't it great that DL IT does live alpha/beta-testing for these changes?

I still don't think they have an actual SW test group, or if they do somebody has no clue how to write test cases.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:56 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by sethb
If you're on an F fare, why are you on the upgrade list at all?
I cleared at the window for a flight tomorrow and even though I am in RU it still has this stupid Manage Upgrades thing on my trip.

Stupid.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
I love the big blue "Confirm" button.... "let me see, do I REALLY want a 1st UG.... well, no, just let me keep that lav-adjacent non-reclining windowless seat in the back". Why not invert that button's state & name to:
Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:00 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by vgb2001
Just checked and I have the same thing. And my RUC wait list disappeared.

Actually, when you follow the 'manage' link it goes to a new menu when one can physically request upgrades, for each segment of a flight, or all of them at once. Not sure yet if this differentiate medallion from RUC.
I called the diamond line and she said everything looks good on their end in my itinerary (same upgrade requests as before) but they are making changes that will take until Saturday but did not know what these changes are.
Although the GUC requests that I have disappeared, I am still seeing the duplicate seat maps so guessing that the request is still in the system. Not traveling for a month so will wait a week to see if things return.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:06 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles PM, AA ExPlat, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
As another data point, on my back to back JFK-SIN mileage runs coming up in a couple of weeks, one of my duplicate seat maps for a SIN-NRT leg disappeared as well.

FWIW, the DM agent that I spoke with was able to send me a confirmation email that showed me has having O space upgrade requests on all of my long haul segments. I guess that is all of the warm fuzzies that I am going to get from the DM line at this time.

Last edited by CAETravlr; Nov 13, 2015 at 6:08 am Reason: Spacing.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mot29
Although the GUC requests that I have disappeared, I am still seeing the duplicate seat maps so guessing that the request is still in the system. Not traveling for a month so will wait a week to see if things return.
That's my strategy too, although I'll be very annoyed if along the way, someone changed my upgrade request back to Medallion (free elite upgrade at T-5 into RU/OU) versus GUC (upgrade into RP/OP when inventory becomes available) for this domestic connection. When I booked it, upgrade space was available for everything but this segment and I had to argue and talk to a supervisor when the agent first tried to list it for just a Medallion upgrade and told me that it wouldn't matter. HA!
Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles PM, AA ExPlat, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Still on the UG lists as far as anyone can tell...

Oops, duplicate post.

Last edited by CAETravlr; Nov 13, 2015 at 6:09 am Reason: Duplicate
Old Nov 13, 2015, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by EditingFX
I love the big blue "Confirm" button.... "let me see, do I REALLY want a 1st UG.... well, no, just let me keep that lav-adjacent non-reclining windowless seat in the back". Why not invert that button's state & name to:
LOL. It's very rare, like once every other year, but I have chosen to decline upgrades before. In those rare cases I'm flying with someone that is non-status and I want to sit beside them to get work done in the air so I have more time to enjoy the city we are going to when I'm on the ground.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Look at the seating chart. Mine still says Upgrade Unavailable (it's a tcon) but it shows the seating chart twice, once with my Y seat and once with "you can only view seats".
Yesterday, right after the change, the double seating chart had disappeared. i called to confirm I was still RUC wait listed and they said yes.
Today, the double seating chart re-appeared.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
It is if the upgraded medallions are in C+ aisle (or window) seats, not so much if they're in middle seats. But there isn't time to handle that by asking the medallions in C- if they want specific C+ seats.
Yep. A first class seat is basically always an upgrade over any coach seat (yes, this is FT and I'm sure somebody can find an exception) but that isn't always the case in coach. A middle seat in C+ is not an upgrade over an aisle seat in C-for most people. And it is situationaly dependent whether a window seat in C+ is better than an aisle in C- (and that's just my opinion, there are others who would say the same thing about an aisle in C+ vs a window in C-). If they are going to do "upgrades" into C+ either there are going to be unhappy people suddenly in a middle seat or the GA is going to have to run down the list and personally ask every individual if they want a middle. And to even add complexity to that - what about people who are stuck in the middle in C+ and would love to move to the aisle if an upgrade makes that available. Are they out of luck due to the seat map being locked in order to process C+ upgrades?

I guess the TLR version is hopefully these upgrades are only for selection before check in, and they don't expect to be doing "upgrades" to C+ at the gate.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Zeeb

I guess the TLR version is hopefully these upgrades are only for selection before check in, and they don't expect to be doing "upgrades" to C+ at the gate.
I'm guessing they will do gate upgrades, thus why you can decide not to upgrade beforehand.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL could block off the middle seat in C+ like its European partners do in their Eurobusiness class. However, that would cost money, so it's extremely unlikely. OTOH, it would be an extreme game changer for many frequent travelers.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I'm guessing they will do gate upgrades, thus why you can decide not to upgrade beforehand.
I don't think they'll do gate upgrades, at least at first. Once a seat is open at T-24, any medallion can grab the seat at anytime, unless things change drastically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.