Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who is with me on moving to AA.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 7:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
Originally Posted by Esltroy
I hope bubbles doesn't follow me. That would be bad.
Umm, it might be a lil late for that. You kinda put the word out already http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...moving-aa.html
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by HDQDD
I've heard rumors that AA isn't doing status matches for DL/UA right now. I suppose they want to limit all the low value customers watering down their program (more) before they can change it. The best part is that once they do that: all the LVCs will come rushing back to DL/UA...with no status...
Is this very recent? There's quite a few reports in this thread people getting the EXP status match/challenge throughout the past two months.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
I am ready to move with my wallet and not just with my posts.Who is up for moving their loyalty to AA from delta. This is my thought. I am a diamond with delta. I am willing to status challenge to AA to platinum level.

I think if we can get enough diamonds to transfer to AA we may be able to negotiate a better deal. Discuss....
You should try negotiating an Executive Platinum challenge (25K EQP in 90 days) -- which is offered to only United 1K members at the moment.

However, I feel like AA already knows their FF program is superior...

But worth a shot if you get a couple of people going?

Edit: Just saw this post

Originally Posted by JamilD
Is this very recent? There's quite a few reports in this thread people getting the EXP status match/challenge throughout the past two months.
Yeah at the moment it seems like it's only for UA 1K members?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jediwho
First, what is your theory or hypothesis? I am still not sure. It would be great if you quantified it? How about a simple Q&A: since we are talking about DAL and AA, do you expect DAL stock to outperform AA in the next 1, 3 and 5 years? In the end, higher load, volume and PRASM boils down to profits.

Regarding large cities, there are at least a dozen ways to define it. A few: Top 100 metros by population; top 50 metros by population; the same by total income level (per capita GDP * pop of the metro). Since this is about airlines and airports, let's define by top 50 airport with O&D traffic. My guess is that the top 50 O&D airports account for at least 70% and more if you count international of the total US O&D traffic.
1) Why do I have to have a "theory"? First, I'm pointing out the holes in your's and pointing out that you make some rather huge assumptions to support your theory which in your mind isn't theory but fact. You keep "guessing" but you don't seem to like the "facts" (guesses) that you're using to support your "theory" being picked apart with real world examples. I can also see the industry for what it is. I see that the industry needs both the hub-and-spoke and point-to-point. If P2P worked in every market, how come no airline is flying CLE-PDX - a market between the 17th and 20th largest MSAs, respectively, with a population of almost 6.5 million between the two cities (nearly 3.5 million in Cleveland and nearly 3 million in Portland, OR). Again, if you're wiling to "bet" that P2P is where the money is all at, where is the carrier serving that market point-to-point?
2) Load and Volume do not automatically equal profits in the airline world. It's about yield. And airlines carry more than passengers. Cargo pays the bills too.
3) I can't predict the future on AA versus DL stock and I'm not even going to try. That is subject to so many factors, a lot of which are beyond the airlines' control.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lakersown81
I'm curious to find out if AA were to devalue their program, and everybody purchased based on price, how screwed the legacy carriers would be. I think that's a scary bet Delta/United are making... If the industry becomes even more price driven, PRASM will drop and LCCs will thrive. Especially JetBlue, if recent numbers + Mint is any indicator.

The program that is looking really attractive now is Alaska. Slowly, this relatively smaller airline has built a pretty good program with AA, DAL, EK, CX as some of its partners.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
AA seems to be learning from DL.

Specifically, the changes in SDC. MUCH MORE RESTRICTIVE than DL. And, they weren't announced, just slipped in overnight.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:06 pm

For some reason every time I see this thread today, this keeps popping into my head. (Nothing is over til we decide it is).

Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
And the crazy this is. Where am I in about 12 hours? Oahu.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:48 am

And the crazy this is. Where am I in about 12 hours? Oahu.
Work/Vacation? And what airline is flying you there?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by DYKWIA2014
Work/Vacation? And what airline is flying you there?
I am doing this trip on united... Let's just say I am glad that United has followed delta on the FF program. I am not doing a work trip, but a new consulting job for a group out of CHI. I will be back on Saturday morning. Flying without any status on this trip is horrible. Making the transition to AA for a few months until I make the status challenge will not be easy.On Sunday, on Delta, I fly out to Albany. It will be a lot better flying with status.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 5:04 am

Programs: AADULtArer
I am doing this trip on united... Let's just say I am glad that United has followed delta on the FF program. I am not doing a work trip, but a new consulting job for a group out of CHI. I will be back on Saturday morning. Flying without any status on this trip is horrible. Making the transition to AA for a few months until I make the status challenge will not be easy.On Sunday, on Delta, I fly out to Albany. It will be a lot better flying with status.
Look for middle age bald guy DL GA in AlB, last name starts with F.

A truly, top 0.1%employee
Old Jul 23, 2015, 5:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
I am ready to move with my wallet and not just with my posts.Who is up for moving their loyalty to AA from delta. This is my thought. I am a diamond with delta. I am willing to status challenge to AA to platinum level.

I think if we can get enough diamonds to transfer to AA we may be able to negotiate a better deal. Discuss....
you cant be for real.

I have a few words for you...don't let the door hit you. I mean, these weekly 'who's leaving Delta' threads need to be compiled into one sub thread. If you want to leave, good for you. Leave and enjoy AA. I will certainly enjoy less competition for upgrades so the more the merrier. However, keep this thought in mind; AA is maybe a year, two at best, away from beginning the decimation of the aadvantage program. Also, enjoy those angled flat bed seats in J on most 777's and 767's. It will be very nostalgic, sort of like stepping into a time machine. Enjoy and bye
Old Jul 23, 2015, 5:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
AA seems to be learning from DL.

Specifically, the changes in SDC. MUCH MORE RESTRICTIVE than DL. And, they weren't announced, just slipped in overnight.
Yup. As I said above, AA is a year or two away from beginning the decimation of the aadvantage program. In fact, according to you, it has already begun, maybe not in earnest, but the writing is on the wall.

At least with Delta, you get a solid product. AA is still flying in the 90's. Good luck folks.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: DL GM, 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHC Spire
For me, it has become a simple task of deciding where to burn and where to earn. All of my travel is personal, no longer business with expenses paid by someone else. So, after having moved to Key Biscayne, FL, I find AA has more to offer me than DL.
I am burning through all of my DL miles (down from 4 million once upon a time, now to 500,000) - and using them for very affordable business class trips to Europe from Miami on Virgin Atlantic. And moved earn from DL SkyMiles AX card to Starwood AX (with the 25% bonus to move to either AA or DL, but chose AA with the extra 5000 AAdvantage points per 25000 transferred!)
Embarked on Platinum challenge with AA and will make it with paid J AA marketed and flight number/BA metal J class ticket JNB-LHR-YUL in August!
Have now 750,000 AA miles to spend and enjoy.
When you retire, every day is a holiday or weekend!! YEA
Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DLBIZTRAVELER
For me, it has become a simple task of deciding where to burn and where to earn. All of my travel is personal, no longer business with expenses paid by someone else. So, after having moved to Key Biscayne, FL, I find AA has more to offer me than DL.
I am burning through all of my DL miles (down from 4 million once upon a time, now to 500,000) - and using them for very affordable business class trips to Europe from Miami on Virgin Atlantic. And moved earn from DL SkyMiles AX card to Starwood AX (with the 25% bonus to move to either AA or DL, but chose AA with the extra 5000 AAdvantage points per 25000 transferred!)
Embarked on Platinum challenge with AA and will make it with paid J AA marketed and flight number/BA metal J class ticket JNB-LHR-YUL in August!
Have now 750,000 AA miles to spend and enjoy.
When you retire, every day is a holiday or weekend!! YEA
If you don't mind stepping onto an AA 777/767 in business and finding out you have a 2-2-2 configured cabin with angled sleeper seats with no PTV's on the 767's, then AA is the airline for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.