Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who is with me on moving to AA.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Esltroy

I think if we can get enough diamonds to transfer to AA we may be able to negotiate a better deal. Discuss....
Are you proposing a "passenger's union" that can collectively bargain a FF program? Because that's what it sounds like.

I'm sure Doug Parker has only the best interests of FF's will keep AAdvantage's program exactly how it is and even add improvements once the merger is complete. So no negotiations will be necessary.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum
Every airline has their own level of suck, and they each suck in different ways. Yes, Delta makes it difficult to redeem miles. But where Delta excels is the in-flight experience. I've NEVER had a rude Delta employee. Perhaps I'm an exception, but Delta's people are exceptional.

You couldn't pay me to get on an AA plane these days. The former US employees have been completely demoralized by years of constant change to their work environment. And the one thing AA is introducing is instability with their reservation system.

And United is still trying to recover from a merger five years ago. Again, no thank you.

To me, there is less that sucks at Delta, at least in the things that I care about. So if you're leaving to go to AA, good luck while they finalize a merger with US Airways. And thank you for being one less person ahead of me in line to get an upgrade.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by mikehillwig
And thank you for being one less person ahead of me in line to get an upgrade.
I have had EXCEPTIONAL service on both AA and US over the last 3 months. YMMV.

This is a true statement....you will go from #6 of 48 for 0 seats to #5 of 48 for 0 seats.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by DYKWIA2014
+ 1MM ^^^

No wait, this is that thread
...no...this thread is about negotiation. LMFAO!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by avidflyer
I have had EXCEPTIONAL service on both AA and US over the last 3 months...
As a recovering US flyer, was Gold for most of the 90's and CP for much of the early 00's. US level of CS never ceases to amaze me on how bad they are and each year they found a new way to lower the bar further. After what UA did to CO, I expect AA to drop to a new level of suck once the merger is complete. I will get my 30 segs over the next few weeks and get back to DL.

Last edited by SYRRDU; Jul 20, 2015 at 2:12 pm
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by mikehillwig
Every airline has their own level of suck, and they each suck in different ways. Yes, Delta makes it difficult to redeem miles. But where Delta excels is the in-flight experience. I've NEVER had a rude Delta employee. Perhaps I'm an exception, but Delta's people are exceptional.

You couldn't pay me to get on an AA plane these days. The former US employees have been completely demoralized by years of constant change to their work environment. And the one thing AA is introducing is instability with their reservation system.

And United is still trying to recover from a merger five years ago. Again, no thank you.

To me, there is less that sucks at Delta, at least in the things that I care about. So if you're leaving to go to AA, good luck while they finalize a merger with US Airways. And thank you for being one less person ahead of me in line to get an upgrade.
I don't know about anyone else's experiences w/ the the "new" AA but my experience has been exactly the opposite - the pmUS employees, particularly the FAs, have been terrific and provided service that been very satisfactory. It's been the pmAA employees that seem to be having issues. Their FAs in particular have taken service on AA airplanes waaaayyyyy down. YMMV...
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
The grass is not always greener over the fence
TGIBE! The Grass Is Brown Everywhere!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Esltroy
I am ready to move with my wallet and not just with my posts.Who is up for moving their loyalty to AA from delta. This is my thought. I am a diamond with delta. I am willing to status challenge to AA to platinum level.

I think if we can get enough diamonds to transfer to AA we may be able to negotiate a better deal. Discuss....
I am almost done with the Platinum challenge -- one more trip and I should be done. But as someone said, the challenge is to get 10,000 EQPs and the best I was able to do was at 10 cents an EQP. Plus add the $240 fee for enrolling in the program. Also, the additional 0.5 EQP bonus for flying first class won't be counted for this challenge. So, the best you would do in first is 1.5 EQP.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kop84
Are you proposing a "passenger's union" that can collectively bargain a FF program? Because that's what it sounds like.

I'm sure Doug Parker has only the best interests of FF's will keep AAdvantage's program exactly how it is and even add improvements once the merger is complete. So no negotiations will be necessary.
Doug Parker will keep it similar or improve not because of the best interest of FF's but because it is likely to be a strategy that offers best risk to reward. If keeping it the same does not generate more FFs switching from DL and UA to AA, higher load and PRASM, at worst he would lose a year or two of extra profit. At best, he would have a much better brand and profits until DL and UA do a turnabout.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by jediwho
Doug Parker will keep it similar or improve not because of the best interest of FF's but because it is likely to be a strategy that offers best risk to reward. If keeping it the same does not generate more FFs switching from DL and UA to AA, higher load and PRASM, at worst he would lose a year or two of extra profit. At best, he would have a much better brand and profits until DL and UA do a turnabout.
I think DP also has some swampland in Florida to sell if you think he's interested in adding even more benefits especially to the low/mid tier levels.

He's got to keep it the same as AA/US will have some merger pains. Nothing like UA, but pains non the less. As soon as he can it will be de-valued and most likely revenue based.

Also 8 quarters of less than stellar profits will have DP utilizing his golden parachute, and then the new person can make the change to a revenue based system.

The writing is on the walls even if you don't want to see it.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Best of luck to all those making the switch. I certainly don't think AA will end up the refuge folks are hoping, but knock yourselves out.

FWIW, I've found OneWorld award availability ex-BOS/NYC to be bad. I mean, worse than DL bad. I've redeemed SkyMiles for 6 TPAC J tickets, 2 TATL J tickets, 2 Oz J tickets, and 2 Central America Y tickets all in low over the past 24 months or so. In each instance, OneWorld had nothing at low. Over that same time, the only time I was able to get something on OneWorld when DL had nothing has been a couple of flights on the BOS-LGA shuttle.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Best of luck to all those making the switch. I certainly don't think AA will end up the refuge folks are hoping, but knock yourselves out.
On balance, I agree. As I said previously, I love Delta and do not want to switch - my only reasons are schedule, schedule, schedule.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by kop84
I think DP also has some swampland in Florida to sell if you think he's interested in adding even more benefits especially to the low/mid tier levels.

He's got to keep it the same as AA/US will have some merger pains. Nothing like UA, but pains non the less. As soon as he can it will be de-valued and most likely revenue based.

Also 8 quarters of less than stellar profits will have DP utilizing his golden parachute, and then the new person can make the change to a revenue based system.

The writing is on the walls even if you don't want to see it.
Why don't you put some timeline and yardsticks? So, why when will AA devalue to at or below Delta level? And yardsticks would be profitability? How much below DL in a certain time period.

My base case is they don't do it for two more years, during which they evaluate the success of the current strategy. Most likely their FF will be better even after two years as they will see higher passenger traffic growth than both DL and UA.

Also, during that same time period, non-majors (LUV, JBLU, Alaska) will see a much higher growth in passenger traffic as people continue to get disillusioned by loyalty programs.

Essentially, DL has likely made the mistake of its lifetime.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Silver
This is a classic 'grass is always greener' example. Yes there are some issues with Delta and their programs, I won't take anything away from that, but there are quite a few flags to throw up before making the jump to AA. Many of my friends who have been AA for decades, and flown multi-million+ miles, are fed up with it and starting to jump to Delta (with a few walking on the wild side with UA), along with some who were US. Remember how bad it was during the DL/NW merger...well this one is only just getting started and it's going to be a bumpy ride. In the long run, if it's the schedule and direct flights that matter most, that's worth it, but upgrades (that vary by route) and perks (which are never set in stone) or types of planes...I'd think twice...
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
On balance, I agree. As I said previously, I love Delta and do not want to switch - my only reasons are schedule, schedule, schedule.
Schedule is precisely why I may not qualify for any DL status this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.