Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL Plat
the sfo skyclub finally had something besides the usual chicken con arroz and veggie pasta! turkey sandwhiches, nacho station, pho station with shrimp (shrimp is a new feature), and also had goat cheese. this was on a recent saturday afternoon

Last edited by runningformqm; May 6, 2019 at 7:49 pm
Old May 6, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by WWads
CVG has consistently the best food. Chicken strips, cheese cubes, multiple soups, healthy bar, ice cream, and 2-3 hot entrees. It's seriously underrated.
CVG is my home airport (I live in Dayton, but drive to CVG 90% of the time for the direct flights)
Food is good, but it has been a few moons since i have been in the club for anything other than an early morning flight, so breakfast is my best point of reference. Its the standard hot eggs and sausage patties. I do like the bar and the employees there. There is one bartender that is REALLY chatty: older gentlemen, a touch on the larger side. He's such a good cat. Always positive. Its a great club.
Old May 7, 2019, 12:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
CVG is my home airport (I live in Dayton, but drive to CVG 90% of the time for the direct flights)
Food is good, but it has been a few moons since i have been in the club for anything other than an early morning flight, so breakfast is my best point of reference. Its the standard hot eggs and sausage patties. I do like the bar and the employees there. There is one bartender that is REALLY chatty: older gentlemen, a touch on the larger side. He's such a good cat. Always positive. Its a great club.
I know exactly who you are referring to. Awesome guy. I connect through CVG any time I can. I'll pay the higher price to avoid ATL.
Old May 7, 2019, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
What happened to the cheese omelets they used to offer at some Sky Clubs? I prefer those to the scrambled eggs they now have.
Old May 7, 2019, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by sethb
What happened to the cheese omelets they used to offer at some Sky Clubs? I prefer those to the scrambled eggs they now have.
LGA had them recently. I’m sure they’re heated from a frozen state but I find them really good!
Old May 7, 2019, 7:13 pm

Alitalia club at FCO puts all Delta clubs that we've been in to shame! The selection of food at breakfast time was amazing, fresh pastries, eggs, bacon, fruit, meats and cheeses, juices, bar, etc.

The Skyclub in Atlanta F terminal in the afternoon has a good bar, nice bartenders and drinks, but the food was a carb nightmare. Pasta, potatoes, more pasta, etc. Ugh.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Moyerclan
Alitalia club at FCO puts all Delta clubs that we've been in to shame!
The Virgin Atlantic Club at LHR blows away all Sky Clubs, the Centurion Lounge, and even (based on decades-old memories) the BA First Class/Gold lounges.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:27 am

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Moyerclan
Alitalia club at FCO puts all Delta clubs that we've been in to shame! The selection of food at breakfast time was amazing, fresh pastries, eggs, bacon, fruit, meats and cheeses, juices, bar, etc.

The Skyclub in Atlanta F terminal in the afternoon has a good bar, nice bartenders and drinks, but the food was a carb nightmare. Pasta, potatoes, more pasta, etc. Ugh.
That all sounds good to me. I know it is not for everyone but I love Pasta(any kind of noodles) potatoes and even more pasta. Guess it's all subjective but for me bring it on and fill me up!
Old May 8, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
The Virgin Atlantic Club at LHR blows away all Sky Clubs, the Centurion Lounge, and even (based on decades-old memories) the BA First Class/Gold lounges.
Yes! Now if they could only update the inflight hard product.
NotHamSarnie likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:39 am

Was there Sunday, ordering from a menu and a waitress was odd but the food was really good. Also the cheese/meat bar was amazing. Just slow service, ended up going to bar myself for drinks after the first round. Also both orders of food for wife and I came out with everything on them even though we asked for them customized. But the setup was great, pool table room, outdoor lounge, sports room with floor to ceiling big screens.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by JTE458
ordering from a menu and a waitress was odd
This is one of the best parts, in my view. I love that the food is freshly prepped and has not been sitting out for others to breath on and touch. I also love that I don't have to worry about leaving my belongings while I go to a buffet.
Old May 8, 2019, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
This is one of the best parts, in my view. I love that the food is freshly prepped and has not been sitting out for others to breath on and touch. I also love that I don't have to worry about leaving my belongings while I go to a buffet.
Yes it was very nice, but it took nearly 20 minutes before I could flag someone down to take my order and they did not return for drink refills. I only had around an hour so I couldn't really relax and enjoy it.
Old May 8, 2019, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by JTE458
Yes it was very nice, but it took nearly 20 minutes before I could flag someone down to take my order and they did not return for drink refills. I only had around an hour so I couldn't really relax and enjoy it.
No good. That has certainly not been my experience.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

San Diego Sky Club, for lunch, had sandwiches rather than the regular food. The chicken was better (had some actual taste). Missing a lot of the usual foods. Desserts were on the balcony, and upgraded from the old cookies. (It looked like chocolate donuts and something else.)
Old May 9, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL Plat
overhead the bos agent saying they recently updated the food offerings. it seems harmonized with the new sfo offerings. same sandwhich (turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, aioli, egg, cheese) and cheese selection (feta, mozz, goat, and brie cheeses). there wasnt a hot dish provided besides two soups. hoping dl isnt phasing out the pasta/hot protein offerings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.