Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
A grilled cheese station would be an easy food option. Have a selection of nice breads and cheeses. Then just have a couple of panini presses. That would go well with the soups.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bgriff

But what do you eat it on / with? It reminds me of how the clubs used to have those little single serving packets of Nutella, which it was never very clear what they were meant to be used with (my opinion at that time was that they went on the Biscoff cookies, but those aren’t in the clubs any more either).
Bread or crackers, for both. Nutella is commonly served as a breakfast spread for breads in Europe. I also see in the photo that they have bananas there, which would also be nice.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
They used to have a PB machine in the E club at ATL and the Peanut butter was really good. I was surprised people with peanut allergies didn't complain
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
BOSTON satellite club had a very tasty hot Salisbury steak and mashed potato offering when I visited on Jan 9.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA
Originally Posted by RobertS975
BOSTON satellite club had a very tasty hot Salisbury steak and mashed potato offering when I visited on Jan 9.
Good to know. In the "main" SC in Boston recently, my choice of draft beer was Michelob Ultra...or Michelob Ultra. Opted for water, which has more taste
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by bgriff

But what do you eat it on / with? It reminds me of how the clubs used to have those little single serving packets of Nutella, which it was never very clear what they were meant to be used with (my opinion at that time was that they went on the Biscoff cookies, but those aren’t in the clubs any more either).
Valid...there's usually bread for toast, and especially at breakfast. I tend to take the cookies or brownie bites and just put it on them. Or since I love PB, I probably wouldn't be averse to just eating it plain.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
In JFK T4 right now- in addition to normal offerings:

Nathan’s Hot Dogs from a cart
Whole poached chicken breasts in wine sauce
Yellow rice pilaf
Veggie pasta to go with chicken.
Servers passing around hors doueurves (French onion soup puff pastry bites)
silverthief2 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by ND76
Ice cream freezer at PBI yesterday.
Yep, it's been there for awhile. They had some A/C issues after the hurricane and brought that in while it was warm in the club for a week or so while fixing. Glad to see they've left it, always grab one after landing for walk to car.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
A grilled cheese station would be an easy food option. Have a selection of nice breads and cheeses. Then just have a couple of panini presses. That would go well with the soups.
Virgin Australia had this in the Perth club when I was there about 4 years ago. At least I think it was Perth.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by JTE458
Yep, it's been there for awhile. They had some A/C issues after the hurricane and brought that in while it was warm in the club for a week or so while fixing. Glad to see they've left it, always grab one after landing for walk to car.
if i can add a comment for the smallest thing to complain about...its only vanilla ice cream, no chocolate
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by mot29
Virgin Australia had this in the Perth club when I was there about 4 years ago.
avianca has this in their bogota and san salvador lounges too...guessing in the us its a liability issue if someone burns themselves
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
I had a folded over cheese omelette thing at the ATL C SkyClub that was reminiscent of my old Hampton In. Brekkie days except it was not over cooked or dry and I had some toppings for it. It was nice to have warm eggs even if they came out of a bag.
MSP G SkyClub today Had decent chicken fajita meat which I’ve never seen before. Nice but the “warm” tortilla fell apart the moment I bit the into it.
The beers, however, were warm. Not “I like my beer really cold so this feels warm” warm but more like finding your half drunk beer from the night before taking a swig and going “oh here’s the beer I was drinking last night” warm
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:17 pm

deleted. Responded to the wrong comment

Last edited by fsuj25; Jan 12, 2019 at 8:17 am
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
I miss the individually wrapped Tillamook cheese they used to have at most clubs. I am sure it was expensive and the packing a waste, but they were SO good (and easy to grab a few extra to take on a flight).

Also, has anyone noticed that they have removed the mocha option from the Starbucks machine. BOS, ATL, TPA and JFK all seemed (if memory serves me correctly) no longer had this option. A girl can dump a bunch of hot cocoa mix into a cappuccino, but it's not quite the same.

Keeping on the breakfast theme, it would be SO easy to add sliced meats and cheeses to the breakfast assortment. Ham, prosciutto, salami, etc. Very common in Euro hotels (JW Marriott in MEX had the best spread evah). A little meat, a little cheese, a little fresh fruit, a little pastry. Perfect cold breakfast that keeps on a line forever.

Last edited by navi_jen; Jan 12, 2019 at 8:43 am
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by navi_jen
I miss the individually wrapped Tillamook cheese they used to have at most clubs. I am sure it was expensive and the packing a waste, but they were SO good (and easy to grab a few extra to take on a flight).

Also, has anyone noticed that they have removed the mocha option from the Starbucks machine. BOS, ATL, TPA and JFK all seemed (if memory serves me correctly) no longer had this option. A girl can dump a bunch of hot cocoa mix into a cappuccino, but it's not quite the same.

Keeping on the breakfast theme, it would be SO easy to add sliced meats and cheeses to the breakfast assortment. Ham, prosciutto, salami, etc. Very common in Euro hotels (JW Marriott in MEX had the best spread evah). A little meat, a little cheese, a little fresh fruit, a little pastry. Perfect cold breakfast that keeps on a line forever.
The Sheraton in PTY does a good job of this in the lounge. Salami, ham, turkey, salmon with caper, assortment of cheese and fruit. By the time I got to the made to order omelette I was full. This would definitely be a nice addition to the SkyClub

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.