Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta seat look?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:24 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
I rode in them this week and I would agree they are better.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 3:15 am

I have ridden in the new seats on Mad Dogs a few times. Do not feel particularly more comfortable to me. Now harder to store bottle of water in the back of the seat in front of you.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
I guess they had to keep their announcement a secret and didn't start re-branding the EC seats to C+. Seems like they'll have to re-do the Mad Dogs that already have new F seat covers to put in C+...
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I flew on a refreshed MD-88 with the new F seats Saturday afternoon. I like the design details - both with regards to storage and style - but did not find the bottom cushion at all plush.
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
I have ridden in the new seats on Mad Dogs a few times. Do not feel particularly more comfortable to me. Now harder to store bottle of water in the back of the seat in front of you.
I had two flights with these new seats on MD-88's last trip (forgot how claustrophobic the MD-88 FC section feels).

But, as to the seats, definitely less padding in the seat. Not as bad as a CRJ200 exit row, but much harder than the traditional DL FC seat.

I guess the investors can be glad of the lower fuel costs coming from lightening the seats.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I had the opportunity to fly on one recently and I've warmed up to them. The seats look better in person than in the pictures. No noticeable difference in seat comfort that I could perceive.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:52 pm

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Yeah, needs more padding! I had to put the pillow under my butt.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Used it for my first time on an M88 from ATL-EWR yesterday. I actually liked it. I found it comfortable and my favorite part was all the pockets.

One that perfectly fits a paperback, one for my little travel log and my camera, and then a big one for anything else that isn't cluttered with DL provided stuff. That was nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.