Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta seat look?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by spudley007
Timely thread, as I did actually fly on an MD-88 with these seats in first today. I didn't look into coach to see if there were changes made there, but they were certainly made in first. The pattern is definitely stitched in and is not a screen print. The head rest is really nice and full of cushion. The seat pocket in front of me was different as well...no more of the netting, and the reading materials switched pockets. It actually looked pretty nice in person.
Did the headrest elevate/move up? Many planes have this feature, though others do not. Critical for us tall folks who like to catch some shuteye.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Delta 764
It was reported that DL has narrowed the decision down to the 787-9 and A350-900, however, as always with DL we should expect the unexpected.
Like a bunch of used 777's??
Old Nov 17, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
Did the headrest elevate/move up? Many planes have this feature, though others do not. Critical for us tall folks who like to catch some shuteye.
I'm actually sitting in an MD-88 from ATL-PVD and it has the new seats. The headrest does slide up and down and the ends bend. Coach seats don't look any different. As noted the pocket is a lot nicer and no netting, it has a large lower pocket that spans the width of the seat, 2 half sized pockets on the left for all of reading material, and a half pocket on the right that is empty.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by ArmyFlyer05
I'm actually sitting in an MD-88 from ATL-PVD and it has the new seats. The headrest does slide up and down and the ends bend. Coach seats don't look any different. As noted the pocket is a lot nicer and no netting, it has a large lower pocket that spans the width of the seat, 2 half sized pockets on the left for all of reading material, and a half pocket on the right that is empty.
Great! Any chance you noted the ship or tail number? We could add a wiki here to track the mods.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:40 pm

I can confirm that these new seats are being rolled out on the entire MD-88 fleet in first class ONLY they are doing around 4 a day. It's just new seat covers.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
I flew on an MD88 with the new F seats last night. The seats looked and felt great. As others have said, the headrests are winged and height-adjustable. IMO the fresh design definitely spruces up an otherwise dated cabin.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 5:18 am

Programs: Delta 3MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Flew on them last week.

They are very comfortable and the headrest portion is great.

Seat backs have plenty of room for 'stuff'.

Count me in as one liking the design.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lamont2718
I flew on an MD88 with the new F seats last night. The seats looked and felt great. As others have said, the headrests are winged and height-adjustable. IMO the fresh design definitely spruces up an otherwise dated cabin.
I flew on a refreshed MD-88 with the new F seats Saturday afternoon. I like the design details - both with regards to storage and style - but did not find the bottom cushion at all plush.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
My understanding is that these are just new covers, so that comfort should not be improved, right? Or does the cover include additional padding?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:20 pm
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Didn't really notice any add'l (or lesser) comfort on the way from ATL to RIC this morning. Had the newly redone seats.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
My understanding is that these are just new covers, so that comfort should not be improved, right? Or does the cover include additional padding?
Had I not noticed before I sat down today, I would have never noticed the difference.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Life Diamond, Hertz Presidents, former US former Charimans
Look cool!

I just had an MD-88 flight with the refurbished seats this morning. I think they look very snazzy, and the embroidered Delta widget is a nice touch - 2 places, both on seat and seatback pocket. They are definitely the same physical seat as was in the plane before. I think though that when they put on these new covers, they also swap out the old beat-up cushioning for new cushioning, and take care of any loose bolts or head-rest wings and stuff - it was like sitting in a brand new seat. Identical comfort as when they originally put these in.

I do miss the footrests.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Platinum New Name: KeepClimbingEd
Originally Posted by DeltaFFATL
Hang in there until the first week in December... announcement coming...
Still hanging...

What's the announcement??
Old Dec 7, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
After seeing/riding in them, I think I like them. If nothing else, it acts like a placebo of sorts, akin to the newness feeling you get when you get a new car or phone or paint the walls of your house. I think it's fair to point out that the lighting in the pics in page 1 make the seats look much darker than they really are. They're the same Delta blue (I don't know if it has a name or a hue) as the new 739 seats. The quilting is definitely stitched in, and it was subtle yet noticeable (not in a bad way). The padding also felt nice. Granted, I don't complain about any F seat padding, even the old 757s and 320s. Still, I imagine they stripped the old padding and added new. With time it will compress, just like the pad under a new carpet. But for now, not bad. Also, the headrest does slide up a few inches and has adjustable wings.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 4:15 pm

I like them. The quilted padding is a nice change – I don't like how sticky the vinyl is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.