Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta seat look?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2014, 9:21 pm
Suspended

I actually like them. I am curious though if they are doing anything back in Economy, as the plane blue seats certainly don't match these new ones...
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by airplanegod
I actually like them. I am curious though if they are doing anything back in Economy, as the plane blue seats certainly don't match these new ones...
DL recently re-stitched and re-padded the Y seats, so I don't see them getting any changes anytime soon. However, personally think DL should at least incorporate some red in EC, since the row markers are red. Perhaps DL can replace the "Confederate gray" headrests with red ones, considering the gray is gone from F.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Fanjet
It looks like DL is sticking with the unbreathable "pleather" seating concept.
Folks, we're talking about coach airline seats here, a few notches above seats you'll find at the ballpark. This isn't like going through a stroll at the local Bobs Furniture store.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
Folks, we're talking about coach airline seats here, a few notches above seats you'll find at the ballpark. This isn't like going through a stroll at the local Bobs Furniture store.
Nobody's expecting top quality leather seats, but plenty of people find fabric seats to be more comfortable.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 4:22 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
looks like 70s cocktail lounge naugahyde.
Just think about all of the Nauga's they'll have to kill for all of the new seats?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by javabytes
Nobody's expecting top quality leather seats, but plenty of people find fabric seats to be more comfortable.
They could perforate the quilted area and then put a small blower in the seat... Right after I get my pony.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
But would you really prefer a seat that absorbs odors? I wouldn't.

Last edited by Delta 764; Nov 14, 2014 at 11:48 am
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Now I know what the United airlines next domestic F seats will look like
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by mh3265a
Now I know what the United airlines next domestic F seats will look like
Silly! UA never upgrades anything (or anyone for that matter)!
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by mother-
They could perforate the quilted area and then put a small blower in the seat... Right after I get my pony.
I'm holding out for the massage seats.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
most people can tolerate sitting in a ballpark seat, or an arena seat for 3 hours or so. I can see a certain US airline and a certain European airline installing ballpark style seats on planes with flights that are under 3 hours.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
most people can tolerate sitting in a ballpark seat, or an arena seat for 3 hours or so. I can see a certain US airline and a certain European airline installing ballpark style seats on planes with flights that are under 3 hours.
But when you're at the ballgame you get up more than when you fly for 3 hours. And who thinks ballpark seats are comfortable ;-)
Old Nov 14, 2014, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DCAproducer
But when you're at the ballgame you get up more than when you fly for 3 hours. And who thinks ballpark seats are comfortable ;-)
So just have the FAs instruct everyone to stand during a "7th inning" stretch just before the pilots begin the initial descent.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Wow, that's... fugly?
+1
Old Nov 15, 2014, 5:12 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Executive
I thought these were coach seats and thought they looked okay, but for First they look awful. I guess with less competition after all the mergers Delta does not have to compete as much with comfort and can still make great profits!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.