Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta seat look?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by Pi7473000
I thought these were coach seats and thought they looked okay, but for First they look awful. I guess with less competition after all the mergers Delta does not have to compete as much with comfort and can still make great profits!
Oh, that would be "F" in the A320 of which you speak.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 9:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
These look pretty good and are a huge leap better than the existing Vegas taxi cab looking seats.....
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: Delta, SPG
What was the Transformers line?

More than meets the eye.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by DLGrkItalNY
Same md-88 seat, new covering...

Surprised so many think the seat has changed dramatically.

That is even pointed out in the article. These are just new covers on the existing seats.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Is this for real? Didn't know DL was redoing seats...
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: DL-Pyrite Medallion
For those looking to get a peek at the new seats, I came across a couple on my last trip. Maddog ship #s 925 and 979 had them in First Class. There are probably others, but those are the ones I know for sure.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Is this for real? Didn't know DL was redoing seats...
Yep talked to my DL contact. Rolling out across the entire fleet! @:-)
Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:30 pm
Suspended

There are just so many things WRONG with this seat cover.

1. The overall look is that of a schoolgirl wearing a quilted dress, red belt and red barrette in her hair

2. Delta's style the past several years seems to be roughly themed around clean, modern lines. This is anything but

3. The Widget on the headrest is a nice touch, but why did DL not choose a leftie version so that all the Widgets are on the aisle. Those on the left, behind 1L, are lost by the windows

Delta needs a Chief Design Officer. This is just a tasteless mess that appears Mrs Anderson brought from her quilting club.

With all that said, I applaud Delta for riding the First cabin of the Confederate Gray seat insert.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 3:45 pm

The seats would look a lot better without the red strip.

Overall, it's not terrible. Its certainly in line with the diamond pattern delta is rolling out everywhere. I'd even argue that the darker shade of blue is an improvement over he current ambiguously lighter blue (I read "Walmart blue" somewhere in this thread ).

But yes, comfort will be key.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Saw the seat covers today

Timely thread, as I did actually fly on an MD-88 with these seats in first today. I didn't look into coach to see if there were changes made there, but they were certainly made in first. The pattern is definitely stitched in and is not a screen print. The head rest is really nice and full of cushion. The seat pocket in front of me was different as well...no more of the netting, and the reading materials switched pockets. It actually looked pretty nice in person.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.7MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Hang in there until the first week in December... announcement coming...
Old Nov 16, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
Originally Posted by DeltaFFATL
Hang in there until the first week in December... announcement coming...
Any hints? I did read that the new wide-body announcement will be made during Investor Day on 12/11/2014. Still hoping for the A330-900 for transatlantic flying!
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:43 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by CLTRob
Any hints? I did read that the new wide-body announcement will be made during Investor Day on 12/11/2014. Still hoping for the A330-900 for transatlantic flying!
It was reported that DL has narrowed the decision down to the 787-9 and A350-900, however, as always with DL we should expect the unexpected.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Would like to see what the coach seats look like though.
Personally, I hope to never see another new (or old) coach seat.

Sadly, that wish is probably about as likely as never missing another connection because they closed the door before departure time.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:05 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Air Houston
Personally, I hope to never see another new (or old) coach seat.

Sadly, that wish is probably about as likely as never missing another connection because they closed the door before departure time.
Not sure if Y got any changes, as on many aircraft they got new stitching and padding fairly recently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.