FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta Studio (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1598151-delta-studio.html)

BusTrav8yrs Aug 4, 2014 6:14 am

Originally Posted by vikingscout (Post 23302617)
Hi
Studio will not work in 64 bit browser. So a newer laptop and microsoft surface are a nogo.
Ios and android phone and tablets(except older android models) work.
How to get to studio
Easier way is to open a browser once you connect to gogo inflight. Towards the middle of the page is a item concerning delta . Click on delta and it will take you to the movies and tv programs offered. Once you select , you will see how much it will cost you and on the same screen also show how to get it for free and as a first, international business or economy comfort. Passenger. If you are eligible for it to be free it will ask for your name and seat number. Once started you can continue it on another flight(you login is good for 24 hrs) no mater what the length. I was in two planes last week (1 fours
hours the other 50 minutes ) and was able to use studio on those flights. Both flights only had wifi and no other ife's.

It doesn't work on the Galaxy 5.
so it doesn't work on my laptop (64bit), tablet (surface) or phone. Great job Delta.

AANYC1981 Aug 4, 2014 6:20 am

Worked great on my iPhone this morning....big kudos to Delta for this!

aww3583 Aug 4, 2014 6:34 am

Originally Posted by AANYC1981 (Post 23306615)

Same here. Sitting in EC got all free content.

From connecting to GoGo to watching a movie was under 2 minutes. Very cool.

Renes Points Aug 4, 2014 8:29 am

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs (Post 23306590)
so it doesn't work on my laptop (64bit), tablet (surface) or phone. Great job Delta.

Android users = Silver Medallion (to Delta)
IOS users = Diamond Medallion (to Delta)

I know I know, switch to an iPhone, no thanks! :rolleyes:

FlyAO2 Aug 4, 2014 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by MotelRomeo (Post 23300643)
I downloaded the Fly Delta iPad app and the Gogo Video Player app. I think you only need one, but to be safe I downloaded both. This link has the instructions.

That's correct. I have an IPAD yesterday and when I picked a movie yesterday to see, the next screen asked me if if I had the GOGO VIDEO PLAYER or the DELTA IPAD APP.

I had to click on the one I had and it opened up and played.

MSP_Monopoly Aug 4, 2014 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by vikingscout (Post 23305499)
I saw no live tv options , just preloaded movies and tv programs.

This is a big disappointment, I really liked this option when flying on Southwest because you can watch live TV via your iPad.

prushing Aug 5, 2014 11:48 am

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs (Post 23306590)

Originally Posted by Delta Points (Post 23307126)
Android users = Silver Medallion (to Delta)
IOS users = Diamond Medallion (to Delta)

I know I know, switch to an iPhone, no thanks! :rolleyes:

It didn't work on my Galaxy 4 or Kindle Fire HDX either. I did the live chat with an clueless person from Gogo and was no help. The only thing I can guess is that it doesn't work with Android 4.2.2 or later. They say they support Chrome, but only certain versions. She couldn't provide a list of versions they support though.

It definitely isn't ready, but I guess at least it does work on my laptop even though it is 64bit. She did say that they would be adding support soon, but who knows when that is.

MSPeconomist Aug 5, 2014 11:51 am

Originally Posted by AANYC1981 (Post 23306615)

What did you need to download to your iphone to make this work? I suspect that my ipad is too old; I haven't been able to download the DL app for the ipad, although I do have the DL app for the iphone, probably an older version, on my ipad. [I don't see the fancy new seat maps.]

FlyAndLive21 Aug 5, 2014 6:24 pm

Tried today on a 717 flight. Could not find Delta Connection Entertainment anywhere.

Xeno Aug 5, 2014 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 23314297)
What did you need to download to your iphone to make this work? I suspect that my ipad is too old; I haven't been able to download the DL app for the ipad, although I do have the DL app for the iphone, probably an older version, on my ipad. [I don't see the fancy new seat maps.]

Someone who knows iOS better than I can answer this, but my iP5S and iPad4 are on iOS 7.1.2 and I have had no problem downloading the software that is needed for Delta Studio.

So if your iPhone and iPad do not have this iOS then you likely need to upgrade the hardware to get the needed software.

SJC ORD LDR Aug 5, 2014 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 23314297)

As long as you don't have the original iPad, you should fte the latest version of iOS. You can watch movies on the Gogo video app or the latest Delta app.

nycflyer75 Aug 6, 2014 9:48 am

Originally Posted by FlyAO2 (Post 23276249)
I don't get how the system knows if I'm in First or coach?

I used the system twice yesterday (two connecting flights) I was seated in first class and all I had to do to watch the moves for free was to enter my last name and seat to verify that I was in First Class. I guess the system has the list of everyone in First class.

I was really impressed with the movie playing on my iPhone, It took less than 30 seconds to buffer and then movie played. No issues on both flights. I am happy Delta has finally brought out Delta Studio. I used to book flights depending on Aircraft with AVOD to catch up on movies!

daggerga Aug 6, 2014 10:05 am

Originally Posted by prushing (Post 23314269)
The only thing I can guess is that it doesn't work with Android 4.2.2 or later.

Worked fine LAS-ATL the other night for me on my Nexus 7 with Android 4.4.4.

davedimes Aug 6, 2014 10:46 am

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR (Post 23298386)
Below the price, there was a something that mentioned free for those in F/Economy Comfort. If you click on that, there is a seat verification.

Ahh. I missed this as well in EC and just thought it was a bug as they were still charging for the content. The standard $6/movie was still on the big button.

AEHawk52 Aug 7, 2014 9:25 pm

Delta Studio

Just got done using this. It was a bit troublesome at first figuring out how it worked but after 5 minutes everything went really smoothly. I was impressed at the quality. However, the selection of TV shows and movies was disappointing to say the least. Although, I did watch The Big Lebowski, so I can't complain ;)