Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E Fares....What a Joke!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:02 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by ATL787
Still enjoying reading everyone's stabs at me and insults to my obvious lack of intelligence. So much for no personal attacks on FT, right?

Lots of constructive comments out there, glad to have started such a wonderful discussion on the merits of a seat restriction rule on a fare that seems to be popping up more and more across the route spectrum (by the admission of the phone reps) and it's applicability to frequent flyers who have long been accustomed to benefits that in some ways (or many ways) do actually add value and keep flyers with a choice of airline coming back to DL.

Bring on some more, y'all.
No intention here to insult your intelligence, but I do very much disagree with the title of this thread... and people are responding with unnecessarily over the top put downs to your unnecessarily confrontational title for the thread. I like and support the idea of an E fare that gives others the option for a less expensive ticket while keeping seats open for me. The terms of these fares are clearly explained from the get go and they are marketed separately from the standard fares. Believe me, I think a number of things (like SM2015) with DL are a "joke," but there is nothing wrong with the idea of E fares.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:28 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Still enjoying reading everyone's stabs at me and insults to my obvious lack of intelligence. So much for no personal attacks on FT, right?

Lots of constructive comments out there, glad to have started such a wonderful discussion on the merits of a seat restriction rule on a fare that seems to be popping up more and more across the route spectrum (by the admission of the phone reps) and it's applicability to frequent flyers who have long been accustomed to benefits that in some ways (or many ways) do actually add value and keep flyers with a choice of airline coming back to DL.

Bring on some more, y'all.
Just as we're enjoying watching you try to explain how you didn't know about something that was, contrary to what you posted, presented clear as day.

If you didn't know what you were buying, it's YOUR fault and you have no one to blame but yourself, even though you're trying to. Unfortunately for you, no one else on here is buying it.
Old May 15, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Any recent experience with the seat assignments at OLCI? I need to do an ATL-SAT in 2 weeks and the E fare is $50 less than the next fare class. Can an FO move seats after check-in. Is there real world examples of seat assignments for Medallions?
Old May 17, 2014, 10:16 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by turkeyRIOO
Can an FO move seats after check-in.
Originally Posted by Canarsie
No seat changes are allowed — period.
Old May 17, 2014, 11:51 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
Any recent experience with the seat assignments at OLCI? I need to do an ATL-SAT in 2 weeks and the E fare is $50 less than the next fare class. Can an FO move seats after check-in. Is there real world examples of seat assignments for Medallions?
In return for paying less, you may not assign or change your seat at all. If you want to select your seat you'll have to purchase a regular fare. If you value saving $50, buy the deeply, deeply discounted E fare. Happy travels!
Old May 18, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Originally Posted by HatAndJacket
In return for paying less, you may not assign or change your seat at all. If you want to select your seat you'll have to purchase a regular fare. If you value saving $50, buy the deeply, deeply discounted E fare. Happy travels!
I found the loophole in the E fares. After E fare ticket purchase, I was able to purchase an Economy Comfort seat. It was well worth the $12.50.
Old May 18, 2014, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM Reserve
I found the loophole in the E fares. After E fare ticket purchase, I was able to purchase an Economy Comfort seat. It was well worth the $12.50.
Was this after OLCI? Or after purchase, before OLCI?

My experience was not being able to buy EC, and then getting Upgraded just before OLCI, so couldn't experience what happens at check-in.
Old May 18, 2014, 1:51 pm

Was this after OLCI? Or after purchase, before OLCI?

My experience was not being able to buy EC, and then getting Upgraded just before OLCI, so couldn't experience what happens at check-in.
Immediately after purchase, way before OLCI. It may be an FO issue since I have to pay half price for EC before 24 hours. Anyway, I have a great Y seat on an E fare.
Old May 18, 2014, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Immediately after purchase, way before OLCI. It may be an FO issue since I have to pay half price for EC before 24 hours. Anyway, I have a great Y seat on an E fare.
Now wouldn't that be hilarious - FO's can use EC to get a seat assignment by buying EC, where as higher elite classes that would otherwise get EC for free cannont. Pending the price of the E-fare versus the next lowest fare available, it could actually be cheaper for an FO to buy an E fare and EC than it would be to buy the next lowest fare outright (and only be able to select "Preferred" seats at that).

Wonder if this was a one-time glitch that you somehow managed to sneak through or if this is a work-around (although I'm sure by it being posted on here, some DL rep will see it and correct it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.