Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leaving DL: AS or AA?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You still get MQDs even if tickets were purchased before the MQD requirement was announced, unless the fares are otherwise ineligible.
I bought them last year. My MQD total on DL.com is a big fat zero right now.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by chowza
I bought them last year. My MQD total on DL.com is a big fat zero right now.
MQD posts when the flight posts which is why its at 0

Originally Posted by chowza
I'm currently torn between the two, though leaning toward AS as it seems it would be slightly easier to achieve MVP (20k miles) vs AA Gold (25 miles) for 2015.
Please note 20K for AS is AS metal only. Its 25K if including DL or AA flights in your total. If you credit to AS make sure you ask for status match first so you get MVP 50% RDM bonus
Old Mar 5, 2014, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDKing
MQD posts when the flight posts which is why its at 0
CDKing, thanks for clearing that up. I was laboring under the wrong assumption that they didn't count--reason being that when I saw them post as "fake" MQDs in my account last year, @DeltaAssist told me they wouldn't carry over and were just there to get people acquainted with the new system. But I didn't realize that there were "real" MQDs still to post associated with those tickets.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
To answer the OP's question, if I get a status match soon then yes; if not then I will hold out until next year and see what my options are then... we'll see if Mr. Parker decides to take AA rev-basad and if he does, if the ability to earn is still decent... also depends if DL decides to stop cutting back the little perks that make us love them and have a less insulting 2016 SM than 2015 looks like its gonna be
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:55 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Platinum
SEA-based here - DL >>>>> AS. Double Skymiles is worth it too.

Although I do fly AS too, DL gets me across the water when I need to. AA? No can do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.