Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

delta cutting access to many of the international lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mnbp
As of May 1, 2014, Delta no longer provides status-based access to third party lounges (lounges operated neither by Delta nor by a SkyTeam partner) for passengers departing on a Delta-operated flight. Based on reports in this thread, this does not apply to passengers departing the airport they're in on a flight operated by a SkyTeam partner: all other SkyTeam partners continue to provide status-based access to third-party lounges to all SkyTeam Elite Plus members, including Delta elites. Access to third-party lounges is determined by the policy of the operating carrier of the flight departing the airport.

Nothing has changed for passengers flying in business or first class on Delta.

From the link provided in the OP:

SkyTeam Benefits

LOUNGE ACCESS
Effective May 1, 2014, all Delta third-party operated international lounges will become Business lounges. (6)
  • On or after May 1, 2014, Delta SkyTeam Elite Plus passengers flying in the economy cabin will only have access to DL Sky Clubs and SkyTeam Lounges.
  • Passengers must be traveling in Business Class to have access to Third Party Lounges.

Third party-operated Lounges:

Latin America & the Caribbean:

Bogota, CO (BOG)
Caracas, VE (CCS)
Lima, PE (LIM)
Quito, EC (UIO)

Europe/Africa/Middle East:
Accra, GH (ACC)
Arlanda, SE (ARN)
Athens, GR (ATH)
Barcelona, ES (BCN)
Brussels, BE (BRU)
Copenhagen, DK (CPH)
Dakar, SN (DKR)
Dubaij, AE (DXB)
Dublin, IE (DUB)
Dusseldorf, DE (DUS)
Frankfurt, DE (FRA)
Lagos, NG (LOS)
Madrid, ES (MAD)
Malaga, ES (AGP)
Malpensa, IT (MXP)
Manchester, GB (MAN)
Moscow, RU (SVO)
Mumbai, IN (BOM)
Munich, DE (MUC)
Nice, FR (NCE)
Pisa, IT (PSA)
Roberts, LR (ROB)
Shannon, IE (SNN)
Tel Aviv, IL (TLV)
Zurich, CH (ZRH)

Asia Pacific:
Bangkok, TH (BKK)
Beijing, CN (PEK)
Fukuoka, JP (FUK)
Guam, GU (GUM)
Hong Kong, HK (HKG) access to VS (partner) lounge. This lounge IS available to STE+, despite VS not being a SkyTeam partner.
Nagoya, JP (NGO)
Osaka, JP (KIX)
Saipan, MP (SPN)
Shanghai, CN (PVG)
Singapore, SG (SIN)
Sydney, AU (SYD) (no longer relevant after opening of SkyTeam lounge in Dec 2014)
Tokyo (Haneda), JP (HND) DL promotion provides access to two TIAT lounges at HND through Oct 31, 2017. Promotion includes any SkyClub member traveling on any airline same-day flight, and all GM, PM and DM members traveling on any DL flight. Extension of Haneda Lounge Access Promotion
Print Wikipost

delta cutting access to many of the international lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:05 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Grouchy
Not much chance as a STE+ at the AF/KL lounge near gate 60 in HKG or any AF-KL lounge:

One (1) guest allowed if departure is on a AF-KL or SkyTeam international flight
And DL lounges?
Old Jun 20, 2014, 3:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Doesn't DL still use the QF business class lounge at HKG? it was nice even though it was in the basement, IMO much better than the SQ lounge at HKG.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 3:58 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Delta did use the Qantas Lounge in Hong Kong.
In the past it was one guest allowed as a STE+. Quantas opened a new lounge in April(?) this year and with the new Third-Party Business Lounge rules i honestly have no idea if you are still allowed in at all.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Grouchy
Delta did use the Qantas Lounge in Hong Kong.
In the past it was one guest allowed as a STE+. Quantas opened a new lounge in April(?) this year and with the new Third-Party Business Lounge rules i honestly have no idea if you are still allowed in at all.
I thought that there were three lounges in HKG that STE+ people could use: AF, CI, and KE. But it sounds like the AF lounge isn't open early enough - at least for Delta's HKG - SEA flight. So, CI will have to work. I wonder what CI's policy is for guests of a STE+ flying in coach.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Doesn't DL still use the QF business class lounge at HKG? it was nice even though it was in the basement, IMO much better than the SQ lounge at HKG.
I think not anymore.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 4:20 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Seems like it’s been a couple years since I have used the QF lounge. It was convenient when DL was flying out of the 20’s gates but when they switched to the 60’s gates, it became a long trek with a train ride. Throw in the early morning departure to NRT and it was impossible to use that lounge.

Instead, I have been using AF. QF was a short escalator ride down, AF is a short ride up. IMO, AF is not an especially impressive lounge – has a cramped feel to it with narrow walkways between seating – but better than nothing.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: UA & DL Gold
Elite+ Lounge Access in SYD

Hey,

With DL's changes to lounge access, Elite+ (Gold and higher) members are no longer able to access the Air NZ lounge when travelling through SYD. That's a real shame, the Koru Club was one of the best ones... Is there any alternative to accessing a lounge in SYD (short of paying for a BE seat?)

The Menzies (contract DL) staff at SYD told me back in May that a SkyTeam lounge was going to open in September -- anyone have any info about this? I didn't see any signs of construction when I was there in May, so I'm not 100% sold on the agent's statement.

Thanks

-- Dan
Old Jun 21, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
In BKK for DL Plat, flying Delta Y, they just gave me Premium lane coupon and invitation for the AF Skyteam lounge, just as a data-point in case it helps someone to know what to expect. Cheers!
Old Jun 21, 2014, 6:36 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by Powers106
In BKK for DL Plat, flying Delta Y, they just gave me Premium lane coupon and invitation for the AF Skyteam lounge, just as a data-point in case it helps someone to know what to expect. Cheers!
^ Thanks for the info. Heading there in August for the Honeymoon and assumed there would be no lounge.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 11:31 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
I would point out that it a AF SKYTEAM lounge and the announcement of cuts referred to access to THIRD PARTY lounges.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 2:03 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
No, I asked around when I was departing from HKG last month and was told that DL no longer uses the QF lounge. Boo.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:27 am

Programs: DL Platinum, QF, VA, AA, UA, US, SQ, EK, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Fairmont
Originally Posted by debracey
Hey,

With DL's changes to lounge access, Elite+ (Gold and higher) members are no longer able to access the Air NZ lounge when travelling through SYD. That's a real shame, the Koru Club was one of the best ones... Is there any alternative to accessing a lounge in SYD (short of paying for a BE seat?)

The Menzies (contract DL) staff at SYD told me back in May that a SkyTeam lounge was going to open in September -- anyone have any info about this? I didn't see any signs of construction when I was there in May, so I'm not 100% sold on the agent's statement.

Thanks

-- Dan
The Skyteam lounge is scheduled to open in October 2014:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/skyteam-loun...sydney-airport

http://www.afr.com/p/business/compan...4Ypd3cvQ0ljN8O

The lounge will be located next to gate 24 of the international terminal (T1)
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: UA & DL Gold
Originally Posted by jykt
The Skyteam lounge is scheduled to open in October 2014:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/skyteam-loun...sydney-airport

http://www.afr.com/p/business/compan...4Ypd3cvQ0ljN8O

The lounge will be located next to gate 24 of the international terminal (T1)
That's interesting. Wonder if DL will start using the lower # gates at T1. Typically they use 50 something, which is the other "wing" of T1
Old Jul 14, 2014, 11:43 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM or DM for 24 years, SkyClub: Lifetime, Delta Million Miler
AF Lounge Zurich

According to Sky Team and AF websites there is a AF/Skyteam lounge at ZRH. It's not listed as accessible on the DL website, but on SkyTeam and AF website it states that Sky Team Elites Plus have access.

I know it was a contracted lounge in the past, but AF lists it as AF lounge.
Has anyone had access as ST Elite Plus (I am Delta PM & SkyClub lifetime member)
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:11 am

no more AF lounge in Hong Kong airport now.

I saw that AF lounge using with qantans airlines lounge.

Recently, Delta DM, PM ,GM and Skyteam Elite Plus member economy passengers are not access for Qantas lounge at the HKG airport? Anybody know this situation renently?

If not, maybe possible for Korean air lounge or China airline lounge? However quality is not good more than AF lounge. Is it correct?

What is the best options?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.