FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   delta cutting access to many of the international lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1540484-delta-cutting-access-many-international-lounges.html)

katstarr Jan 11, 14 1:24 pm

delta cutting access to many of the international lounges
 
Yet another devaluation.

Delta has changed its Sky Bonus Benefits page. Many international lounges will be renamed Business Lounges. Delta Elite Medallions will not have free access to these lounges after May 1, 2014, unless they are flying in a Business Elite class.

here is the page on the delta website:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-benefits.html



I just wrote about this on my blog Will Run For Miles

- http://first2board.com/willrunformil...te-medallions/

Denolloyd Jan 11, 14 1:40 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

Delete.

LabCat Jan 11, 14 1:41 pm

:td:

So third-party lounge access for STE+ in Y will be gone after 01 May 2014. Well, I'm glad I experienced the VS Clubhouse when I had the chance. Losing SYD is gonna hurt.

(They misspelled Bangkok on that list as Bankok... :rolleyes:)

knit-in Jan 11, 14 1:44 pm


Originally Posted by LabCat (Post 22134184)
:td:



(They misspelled Bangkok on that list as Bankok... :rolleyes:)

And DXB is spelt Dubaij. :p

LabCat Jan 11, 14 1:51 pm


Originally Posted by knit-in (Post 22134193)
And DXB is spelt Dubaij. :p

Indeed. I only looked at the ones I have been to/plan(ned) to use.

It gets better. IST is Instanbul.

localady Jan 11, 14 2:03 pm

Really sad... Getting into the international clubs was one of the few perks that I thought was worth keeping my status.... Oh well, I guess that Del-duh will go the way of Pan Am or Eastern as customers realize the value of not flying on them.

DCAproducer Jan 11, 14 2:05 pm

If you read Delta's page it only affects third party lounges, not SkyTeam lounges. This is where PP comes in handy.

LADELTA777 Jan 11, 14 2:17 pm

Oh boy, would someone please DIAL 911 ?
We need all the fire engines we can mustard.

howtofreetravel Jan 11, 14 2:18 pm

PP really does save the day

Sabai Jan 11, 14 2:19 pm


Originally Posted by LabCat (Post 22134184)

(They misspelled Bangkok on that list as Bankok... :rolleyes:)


Originally Posted by knit-in (Post 22134193)
And DXB is spelt Dubaij. :p


Originally Posted by LabCat (Post 22134213)
It gets better. IST is Instanbul.

Well, if this is to believed:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literac..._United_States

The DL folks in Mn. should proof-read what their counterparts in Ga. write.

BondAir007 Jan 11, 14 2:20 pm

Does anyone know who are 'Third party lounges' names or airlines?

The reason is the list mention Hong Kong HKG airport. I was at Hong Kong airport lounge run by (I think) Air France or KLM. Which both airlines are part of SkyTeam.

So does that mean AirFrance/KLM is third party lounges? In Asia??

I am getting confused with the new changes and what is consider '2nd Party' or '3rd Party' lounge partners. :confused:

DL should have a simple 'yes' or 'no' list of every lounge.

jaimemayo Jan 11, 14 2:24 pm


Originally Posted by BondAir007 (Post 22134355)
Does anyone know who are 'Third party lounges' names or airlines?

The reason is the list mention Hong Kong HKG airport. I was at Hong Kong airport lounge run by (I think) Air France or KLM. Which both airlines are part of SkyTeam.

So does that mean AirFrance/KLM is third party lounges? In Asia??

I am getting confused with the new changes and what is consider '2nd Party' or '3rd Party' lounge partners. :confused:

DL should have a simple 'yes' or 'no' list of every lounge.

The last time I was in HKG I was able to use the Quantas Lounge. Now I guess that is a thing of the past, right?

Sabai Jan 11, 14 2:24 pm


Originally Posted by LADELTA777 (Post 22134336)
Oh boy, would someone please DIAL 911 ?
We need all the fire engines we can mustard.

OK, I'll ketchup with you later.

pbarnette Jan 11, 14 2:28 pm


Originally Posted by Sabai (Post 22134347)
Well, if this is to believed:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literac..._United_States

The DL folks in Mn. should proof-read what their counterparts in Ga. write.

You mean the chart that shows ATL with a higher ranking than St Paul? Who, exactly, is it that should be worried about their literacy?

Oh, and Mn. is not a standard abbreviation for Minnesota. Try MN or Minn.

But stay classy with the regional insults.

ECPAAFlyer Jan 11, 14 2:30 pm

I guess I'm confused because everything I've seen published and in the airport at Istanbul for example says it's a SkyTeam Lounge but now it's listed as a third-party? Are there others like this on the list?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:24 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.