Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Potential Shenanigans to honor a MM flyer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Potential Shenanigans to honor a MM flyer

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2013, 6:11 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Hmmm...I'm at 960K miles and counting. Perhaps I'd better begin to self-promote....
Old Aug 26, 2013, 7:06 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Geez people, who cares? Everyone here knows if it was offered to them they would have taken the upgrade, I think it is great that Delta did this!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 6:51 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Well that would mean that I would have to start texting...

I'd actually be well over 3 million at this point if I hadn't traveled so much on other airlines, especially in the 90s.

And I would add that if I can't get an upgrade on JFK-SFO the Friday afternoon before Labor Day, then I feel bad for people who aren't DMs (from an upgrade standpoint). Tho the flight's fairly wide open up front at this point.
Following up on my own post...Mrs. TrojanTraveler (and apparently others, all but two seats are now assigned) and I got upgraded yesterday for our Friday afternoon JFK-SFO flight. So at least I'll be sitting in a nice seat as I hit 2 million shortly after the climb out out of JFK.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 6:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Following up on my own post...Mrs. TrojanTraveler (and apparently others, all but two seats are now assigned) and I got upgraded yesterday for our Friday afternoon JFK-SFO flight. So at least I'll be sitting in a nice seat as I hit 2 million shortly after the climb out out of JFK.
Congrats on both 2MM and the upgrade, which you apparently got without any shenanigans--or did you contact a certain blogger?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Congrats on both 2MM and the upgrade, which you apparently got without any shenanigans--or did you contact a certain blogger?
No blogging or contact with Delta. Flights are wide open, and given time of year, unlikely to have last minute business purchases. It looks like they upgraded about 10 people in advance.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 7:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
No blogging or contact with Delta. Flights are wide open, and given time of year, unlikely to have last minute business purchases. It looks like they upgraded about 10 people in advance.
That's good news that advance upgrades are happening.

I noticed strange upgrade behavior of my ATL-MSP domestic connection this weekend. I was watching availability on EF and the seat map out of curiosity, as well as doing the same for the TATL segment. The 757 had been pretty stable, with about half of FC seats filled, as the travel date approached. Nothing surprising at all, although DL could have been holding back (hopefully) more upgrade seats than normal for a Saturday flight. Then I noticed suddenly about seventy-five to ninety minutes before the scheduled departure time that every FC seat was suddenly full.

It would seem unusual for DL to sell about ten premium seats on the day of departure, especially for late Saturday afternoon. Yet if these were upgrades, the GA did them early and didn't hold back a seat or two for a last minute purchase or SDC by someone with a high FC fare class. This didn't seem to be a case of IROPs or weather issues as ATL was functioning very well that day. I didn't notice even the usual number of delays posted on the monitors. On board, I noticed two pilots in uniform in FC and a UM that I suspect had a purchased FC ticket. The flight was announced to be full. However, I did overhear a family comment that they had missed their earlier connection, so IROPs reaccomodation could account for four or five FC seats. I just was surprised not to see two or so upgrades processed after the check in deadline, if not more just before the door closed.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by james318
I think it is awesome.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.