Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: EuroBonus, FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by Oakshadow

As a STE+ traveling on a ST international itinerary, you do have access to the LAX SC. My experience with the LAX KL lounge is that it’s lousy so the LAX T2 SC is a big improvement. Your LAS-LAX flight might arrive in T3 and the temporary SCs there are rather cramped, but I still prefer either of them to the KL lounge (the “north” one has a little more room but you can try both as they’re close together). I would ensure at least 20 minutes of airside bus transit time between T2/T3 and the TBIT.
Thanks! T2 Sky Club looks fantastic. Is there a shuttle between T3 and T2 if we land at T3? We have 2,5 hours connecting time, so some relaxing lounging should be possible!
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by NLNO
Thanks! T2 Sky Club looks fantastic. Is there a shuttle between T3 and T2 if we land at T3? We have 2,5 hours connecting time, so some relaxing lounging should be possible!
Yes, there is a shuttle between T3 and T2. In T3 it's near Gate 35.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Lounge Access JFK-LAX for Medallion Upgrade?

I don't have a Skyclub membership. Flying JFK-LAX-SAN this Tuesday in coach, and there are so many D1 seats available, I'm sure to score a medallion upgrade. If the upgrade clears early enough for me to use the Skyclub at JFK, can I? Can I use the Skyclub at the LAX connection with the incoming D1 boarding pass? Or do the lounge check-in people notice it's an upgrade, not paid, and say "No way"?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
As long as you're confirmed in the cabin you get access.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Bowgie
I don't have a Skyclub membership. Flying JFK-LAX-SAN this Tuesday in coach, and there are so many D1 seats available, I'm sure to score a medallion upgrade. If the upgrade clears early enough for me to use the Skyclub at JFK, can I? Can I use the Skyclub at the LAX connection with the incoming D1 boarding pass? Or do the lounge check-in people notice it's an upgrade, not paid, and say "No way"?
As flyerCO mentioned above, as long as you are confirmed in D1 you will get access. You will definitely have access at LAX if your UG clears, but I doubt the UG will clear in time for you to use it at JFK.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: delta, American, United, southwest
Originally Posted by WBurcham
San Juan is NOT an INTERNATIONAL DESTINATION!
Pretty sure they treat it as international.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by conference junkie
Nope. Aside from the fact that is is US territory, the Caribbean has always been excluded as international for the purposes of lounge access. They've also recently dropped lounge access for all international flights (in addition to the Caribbean) that are marketed as DL "First" (which is really a domestic F product) for those flying F.
DCAproducer and gooselee like this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 12, 2019 at 7:54 am
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by xliioper
Nope. Aside from the fact that is is US territory, the Caribbean has always been excluded as international for the purposes of lounge access. They've also recently dropped lounge access for all international flights (in addition to the Caribbean) that are marketed as DL "First" (which is really a domestic F product) for those flying F.
The last part is in dispute. Many agents, managers, and an agent at DL corporate CS have stated otherwise. This has also been the experience of many posters. (Although in fairness others have been told no)
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by conference junkie
Welcome to FT!

Just making sure you're aware...but the post you replied to is just over 10 years old. Hell of an entrance!
Old Jun 16, 2019, 3:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Happy to report that for my challenging itinerary, I was able to access the club without issues. As I mentioned before, I did not have a BP for my connecting Intl' flight, but the SkyClub staff just asked for my flight number and she was able to find me and grant me access.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Trying to figure out SC access. I have the AMEX Platinum so get in with that, however, on a DL ticketed, KLM operated, JFK-AMS Economy Comfort ticket, will I be allowed in?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You might get lucky, but rules say they must be DL operated with the exception of DL-marketed, Westjet operated flights --
https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
We are flying out of Sea Tac in a couple of weeks, wife and myself both have the Delta Amex Gold card, would we be able to bring in our three kids?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by OPENROAD
We are flying out of Sea Tac in a couple of weeks, wife and myself both have the Delta Amex Gold card, would we be able to bring in our three kids?
Yes, but it would cost you a total of $145 for 5 of you.
OPENROAD likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

Yes, but it would cost you a total of $145 for 5 of you.
Although if any of the kids are 2 and under, they would be free. Other than that, correct as each card member can bring in up to two guests at $29/each.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...ess/delta-gold
MCO Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.